Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brighton Away

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
surprised no-one has commented yet on this changing from 28th December, a Bank Holiday, to December 29th which isn't. First day back at work and will need to shoot off early. Who agrees to these changes ? Do they think of the fans ?

And the OS has it as a 3pm kick-off ??

Comments

• apart form you and your bro not many go away and it isn't a new ground so wont affect many ;-(
  • I saw this, this morning and thought it was a typo. You are correct Large, the 29th most of us will be back at work, so it's difficult to understand why they state we have a game kicking off at 3pm on a weekday.
  • The Swindon home game on the 3rd Jan (also a bank holiday) has now been moved to the following evening 7.45 kick off.
  • got to say im happy with this, i dont intend spunking so much on away games this year (although my son may have other ideas getting a ticket for brighton aint going be easy whenever it is going to be played.Rochdale, Yeovil & Bournmouth are my priorities next season and hopefuly hartlepool
  • After going last year and finding out they did not serve beer and you could not see the match it isn't on my list of places to revisit and my guess that will be the same with most people.
  • Honestly do not care about the change for Brighton, was not going to bother and am still not. Horrible ground.

However am reasonably pleased about the Swindon game, not too many night games this coming season so pleased there will be one more. Also there should be a good atmosphere at that game regardless but under the lights, may mean it will be even better.
  • [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]After going last year and finding out they did not serve beer and you could not see the match it isn't on my list of places to revisit and my guess that will be the same with most people.

well now it's changed I doubt I'll bother. Why inconvenience fans though, and I include the Swindon home game in this. Much better on a Bank Holiday when you are looking for something to do rather than a week night when you have to dash home from work, rush down some food etc just so you can make kick -off ?

I would really like to hear an official reason why we agreed to these changes and was any consideration given to the fans ?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]After going last year and finding out they did not serve beer and you could not see the match it isn't on my list of places to revisit and my guess that will be the same with most people.

well now it's changed I doubt I'll bother. Why inconvenience fans though, and I include the Swindon home game in this. Much better on a Bank Holiday when you are looking for something to do rather than a week night when you have to dash home from work, rush down some food etc just so you can make kick -off ?

I would really like to hear an official reason why we agreed to these changes and was any consideration given to the fans ?

Policing Costs?
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]got to say im happy with this, i dont intend spunking so much on away games this year (although my son may have other ideas getting a ticket for brighton aint going be easy whenever it is going to be played.Rochdale, Yeovil & Bournmouth are my priorities next season and hopefuly hartlepool

I doubt there will be as many ticketing problems as last year. Many went because it was a novelty but a lot will give it a miss this year, myself included. Gonna limit myself to new grounds mainly plus a few old favourites.
  • The games will have been moved for football reasons, i.e. managers don't like two matches in three days. We will take less money playing Swindon on a midweek evening, because many kids and older fans won't attend, although casual staffing costs are higher on public holidays.

As an aside, the VAT rate goes up from January 4th, which could cause confusion over pricing for the Swindon match. Tickets sold before the day will be subject to the 17.5 per cent rate; those on the day at 20 per cent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is the view any good at brighton cause ive heard its pretty shocking. Some of my mates were gonna go on the 29th. Is it worth going?
  • edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: conza-cafc[/cite]Is the view any good at brighton cause ive heard its pretty shocking. Some of my mates were gonna go on the 29th. Is it worth going?

No. www.footballgroundguide.com shows some pics of the away stand and the view.

The view is shocking, miles from the pitch and a pathetic excuse for a stadium and an away stand. The new ground cannot come soon enough for Brighton and I for one will not be going this year.
  • ok mate cheers for that, probz wont bother then.
    Any grounds that are easy to get to tht you would recommend?
  • edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: conza-cafc[/cite]ok mate cheers for that, probz wont bother then.
    Any grounds that are easy to get to tht you would recommend?

Been to a fair few of the League 1 grounds- maybe 14/15 and Brighton is the only one I would not go back to. Fortunatly they will be in a new ground if we play them next season.

Teams we are playing before the Brighton away include: Swindon for example in a month or so- good view from side of pitch, easyish to get to on train (1 hour from Paddington).
    Peterboro also next month- never been but also easy to get to from London and a decentish stadium for L1.

Others are more of a trek but some are worth going, Rochdale should be a good away following as it is new ground for many.
  • im not local though i live in the south east
  • bring it on..

brightonrock1600.jpg
  • I am looking forward to this, booked a hotel for 3 days to make a bit of a short break for the girlfriend to enjoy, she dont know yet that i will be gone for a few hours on the 29th.