Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So who still plays then?

Me,

31 in a couple of weeks and play in the Gravesend Saturday league.

Wanted to play back at a higher level this season but fitness and me sons football put a stop to it.

Comments

• Me - turn out for my work's team when they are desperate for players - 36 years old and still think I am 21 - and suffer everytime the day after but love it.
  • I play South London Alliance for Bexlians. Centre Back. 32 this year, bloody love it. Also run a sunday side and have my coaching badges 1&2.
  • have run a sunday club in the Kent Suburban for about 11 years now, doing my level 2 coaching in the next few months.

haven't really played in other 2 years, knees shot, but could patch myself up for a game.
  • No, i am crap. :-(
  • 32 now and still playing (although currently serving a suspension!!)....played for the same sunday side since I was 17 with pretty much the same team, had a 5 year spell where we were quality and won everything we could in our league, however the trouble now is that we are all getting to the same age and chasing those young'uns around is getting harder !!!
  • Anyone else played in the Woolwich District Legaue, Now Eltham and Woolwich. I played for one of the worst teams in the bottom League. Class!
  • play right back for Real Beckenham in Sunday League Met 2, also 5-a-side @ goals every wednesday night

well keen for a game on the hallowed turf!!!
  • play in goal tuesday/thursday down powerleague 5-a-side in catford
  • edited January 2007
    RHB, you play in the same league as my reserves side - Woodside. - I though they were all Palace?
  • I was supposed to play there for a work game two years ago. Broke my foot 4 days beofre the game. Gutted, Gutted, Gutted. Desperatly need to play there!

Have my FA Lev 1&2 going to take my level 3 very soon and coach for Millwall!
  • Sponsored links:

• MCSMCS
    edited January 2007
    looks like we have loads of goalies!

les says
    OOOOh aaaah
    Moi (although not worn the gloves since 5 a side at waterfront 4 or 5 years ago! (and was crap)
    dave story
    Arf
    KillersBeard
    Need a pint
    Tom CAFC

Anymore goalies?
  • [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Me,

Wanted to play back at a higher level this season but fitness and me sons football put a stop to it.

Only in my mind.

But I'm damn good though!
  • 1905 is a goalie, of course.
  • [cite]Posted By: 04 MCS[/cite]looks like we have loads of goalies!

les says
    OOOOh aaaah
    Moi (although not worn the gloves since 5 a side at waterfront 4 or 5 years ago! (and was crap)
    dave story
    Arf

Anymore goalies?

One here, although it was mostly for cover. But when our teams first choice keeper left and because I'd played Gaelic football and knew how to catch a ball, I was given the job full time.

Manged two full seasons between the posts before a centre forward during a match at Eden Park, used my chest as a trampoline. Three broken ribs and a punctured lung later, I decided to hang up the gloves for good.
  • ouch KB!!! sounds very bloody painful.
  • blimey KB, thats a bit harsh aint it! Strikers are all tossers they are!

I have edited you in to the Goalie list dood!
  • [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Me,

Don't know of any teams that need players? I live in Gravesend and am looking to get back into playing.
  • Need a Pint is also a goalie.
  • looks like the goalies rule doods!
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]ouch KB!!! sounds very bloody painful.

Easily the most pain I have ever suffered Curb_It.

I remember lying/lurched on the hospital bed and the doctor saying, "I'm sorry to say that you have three broken ribs and one has punctured the lung".

I said to him, "thank f**k for that." He looked at me extremely strangely and said, "I beg your pardon, do you realise how serious this could have been." To which I replied, "well of course I do, but If I'd gone through this much pain and you told me I was only bruised, I'd have been seriously pissed off." (you'd have to add the desperate gulps of air in between words for full effect)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: 04 MCS[/cite]blimey KB, thats a bit harsh aint it! Strikers are all tossers they are!

I have edited you in to the Goalie list dood!

Tell be about it, when I wasn't in goal, I was supposed to be a Striker. :-)
  • Play in the South London Alliance on Sats for Oakdale (when not at the Valley) and Sunday Met League on Sundays (Dartford Aces)....dunno how much longer this 2 games a weekend lark will carry on for...playing Centre Mid at the mo....
  • Yep Goalkeeper here
  • Blimey, that's nine goalkeepers, we'd be unbeatable, assuming we could all fit between the posts at the same time, we might have to think of stacking.
  • [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Blimey, that's nine goalkeepers, we'd be unbeatable, assuming we could all fit between the posts at the same time, we might have to think of stacking.

lol
  • play 5 a side on mondays in goals bexleyheath and saturday league.. played saturdays and sundays over that last few seasons but couldnt hack the early morenings..
  • 9 Goalies! WooHoo, More Chance of me gettting a game!
  • Being a goalkeeper needs a bonkers attitude, immune to ridicule etc - the same traits required for supporting CAFC, hence the number of goalkeepers on here.

Played mainly for the Prince Albert on Sundays in the Woolwich and District and in the Civil Service league on Saturdays. Midweek played in a 7aside lunchtime league in Archbishops Park.

I packed it in at 33 when I was nearly decapitated by a centre forward resulting in ten stitches across bridge of a smashed nose.
  • Gave up serious football last season, only play Vets now as 36 although we have played some good Sunday Vets sides this year including Metrogas & Coney Hall. Our side have had 2 defeats in the last season & a half.
  • I played a vets game for Old Roan. The standard was excellent.