Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Upson

Do you keep him in or bring back Carragher?

Me, Id stick with him, thought he had a surprisingly good game.

Comments

• keep him, send carragher home!
  • Keep Him.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]keep him, send carragher home!

agreed ... it's not even believable he is there , just had his worst career season (from a liverpool season ticket holder) and finds himself in our world cup squad
  • Surprisingly un-crap I thought, Carragher was evry bit as pants as nearly evryone supposed he would be. Keep him in for sure.
  • He has to be kept, no just because he had a good game, but also he is our only centre back with any pace. As we saw in both the previous game, any pace Carragher ever had has long since departed and he is very vunerable
  • Keep him, though I can see a danger of Upson giving away free kicks or maybe a penalty. He does do a lot of shirt pulling and general pushing off the ball, that he might get away with in the prem or with Wolfgang as a ref but wont in other world cup matches.
  • Terry and Upson have played 7 times together and we've won them all. One of the games in question was our 2-1 win against Germany in Berlin when Terry got the winner.

Based on that and their joint performance yesterday it's a no brainer really.
  • Upson did okay yesterday but will be horribly exposed by a better side IMO

not that Carragher would be any better mind..
  • Keep him for sure. I would have Carragher behind Dawson. I would however have Carragher as a back up for Johnson who was horrible in defending yesterday. Stand up Glen!!
  • Upson made a few mistakes, one real stupid one where he sold himself, but he made up for it with some great blocks. Also they looked like a partnership, unlike the snail-like Terry and Carragher combination
  • Sponsored links:

• Keep him!

I would also put Dawson ahead of Carragher - although I do rate him as a blood and guts defender, when he gets exposed by someone's pace he will just foul them...not that he has much choice, but it ain't good.
  • Was impressed with him yesterday. Think he should keep his place if King isnt fit to play Sunday.
  • Gotta keep with a winning side, plus we actually passed it out of defence rather than jyst a caragher punt