Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone recommend a pub in London Bridge for the footy?

edited June 2010 in Not Sports Related
As title really, preferably somewhere that we won't be packed in like sardines and takes best part of an hour to hget served. Cheers.

Comments

• think ill be better getting train back to Dartford was thinking same having few round LB but could be a nightmare getting served few going to Cross Keys the big spoons pub in the City but that could be packed
  • I was going to watch it around Millbank but worried that the pubs will be packed, so heading to Red Barn instead.
  • There is a German beer place i saw on borough high street, just past the southwark Tavern which was advertising big screens etc.
  • i suppose a German beer place might not be the right choice. But i had never seen it before when i was waiting for Sausage last week i noticed it. And its advertising all the England games.

Has anyone been in?

big beers
  • edited June 2010
    Nice name...i think it's German term for a hangover :)
  • Do you have to book a table for that place curb_it?
  • No idea hon, I've never been inside. Give them a ring.

There are a fair few pubs around the place. Im sure the big screen is up on Broadgate Circle like it normally is. thats a good spot as you can take your beers with you.
  • Nice one, may try the german stronghold first. Cheers.
  • Get in early - start on them steins and you'll probably be too bladdered to even notice that we are losing 3 nil.
  • There is a little old pub down an alley a few minutes from London Bridge station, that shows football. No idea of the name but it you leave the station walk down the road past Bar One and turn left at the junction it is down a lane on the left there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Old kings head i think its called. Cheap beer in there too 2.50 a pint in happy hour 5 till 7.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite] when i was waiting for Sausage last week

Ooh err missus
  • We went to that Katzen Jammers place in the end, was really good in there actually, drinking the old 2 pint stein glasses, strong german lager, few of those before the game and everything else is a bit of a blur. Good recommendation.
  • Oh good. Will have to try. How much was the 2 pint glass? busy in there?
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i suppose a German beer place might not be the right choice. But i had never seen it before when i was waiting for Sausage last week i noticed it. And its advertising all the England games.

Has anyone been in?

big beers

Been there. Low ceiling bar downstairs served by grumpy bar staff. The one room that was open was fairly busy but not much atmosphere.

The beer was disappointingly warm and flat which was a shame as the German beers are usually good.
  • I'll endorse The Old Kings Head as well. Its to be found in an alley called Kings Head Yard just off Borough High Street. I was there for the Algeria and USA games and inside it was packed with a great atmosphere. A TV had been placed facing out from the window with another on a stand outside for the smokers and outdoor drinkers. I'll be there on Sunday to hopefully see us stuff the Germans.
  • [cite]Posted By: Tommy Dowling[/cite]I'll endorse The Old Kings Head as well. Its to be found in an alley called Kings Head Yard just off Borough High Street. I was there for the Algeria and USA games and inside it was packed with a great atmosphere. A TV had been placed facing out from the window with another on a stand outside for the smokers and outdoor drinkers. I'll be there on Sunday to hopefully see us stuff the Germans.

Good pub but unfortunately very much a Millwall boozer
  • edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Oh good. Will have to try. How much was the 2 pint glass? busy in there?

£7.50 for a 2 pinter German lager, 6% Paulander or something.

Bar staff were very friendly and welcoming, not grumpy at all, especially considering it was German, don't think il be going in there on Sunday though!Was busy but not packed, could move around and get served instantly. Good place.
  • That German place looks good. Think i'll go and relive Oktoberfest there :D .