Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stav signs one year deal

WSSWSS
edited June 2010 in General Charlton
To me this suggests he will be getting some game time next year...

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36205&newstype=p

Comments

• Options
    Good news, I think one year deals will be the norm in the current climate, hopefully he can transform the form he showed for Ebbslfeet into League 1 with us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]To me this suggests he will be getting some game time next year...

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36205&newstype=p

I just hope it doesn't mean that Semedo is on his way...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]To me this suggests he will be getting some game time next year...

[url][/url]http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36205&newstype=p

Cant find anything in that story to suggest he will be getting game time next year.

Personally hope he gets very little game time for us as it will mean Semedo and Racon are still at the club.
  • Options
    I suspect he may go on loan but hopefully for a short term spell with a club in League 2 or even someone like Dagenham
  • Options
    Hopefully we'll keep Semedo and he'll be back up for him, maybe with some time out on loan, depending who we sign, sell and how he performs in pre-season. Confirmed on the SLP website AFC Wimbledon are interested in taking him and Mambo on loan.
  • Options
    I'm glad, I like Stav. Send him on loan for a couple of months for more experience and then get him around the matchday squad, on the bench etc, and see how he progresses. May get more time on the pitch if Semedo goes or gets injured.
  • Options
    Pleased for the kid spoke to him at the Young Addicks Christmas Party and came across as a really nice bloke.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]I suspect he may go on loan but hopefully for a short term spell with a club in League 2 or even someone like Dagenham
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I'm glad, I like Stav. Send him on loan for a couple of months for more experience and then get him around the matchday squad, on the bench etc, and see how he progresses. May get more time on the pitch if Semedo goes or gets injured.
    Gotta agree he is a lovely chap and is hungry to play for Charlton. I honestly think he is a matt holland type player rather than a matt spring type ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnnyH2[/cite]Pleased for the kid spoke to him at the Young Addicks Christmas Party and came across as a really nice bloke.

JohnnyH2 - Ain't you a bit too old for that ? :-)
  • Options
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36764

Joined Cambridge Utd in the Blue Square Prem on loan for a month.

Guess we were waiting for McCormack to recover from injury before loaning him out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fleetwood Town v Cambridge Utd live on Sky 4pm this Sunday
  • Options
    scored for Cambridge.
  • Options
    He did really well at Ebbsfleet and appears to meet the challenges placed in front of him. Thus is a really important few months for him and I hope he does well. He's got something about him and I think he could be a tidy player
  • Options
    Would like to see how well he does at a higher level, it appears he is very decent at Conference level but it is a big step to League 1 and Stav could be needed later in the season, especially if injuries or suspensions kick in.

Despite only being contracted till the summer, if he continues to do well and progress, would not be surprised to see Stav get a new deal. Next season we may well be without Semedo who is out of contract and will attract interest regardless of the division we are in.
  • Options
    Strange one this as he has been on the bench in recent weeks. Must mean McCormack is near fitness. From what I have seen of Stav he is a very tidy player and could well be Semedo's long term replacement when Parky realises he is too good for the rest of the team and leaves him out from January onwards. ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Strange one this as he has been on the bench in recent weeks. Must mean McCormack is near fitness. From what I have seen of Stav he is a very tidy player and could well be Semedo's long term replacement when Parky realises he is too good for the rest of the team and leaves him out from January onwards. ;-)
    McCormack is near fitness, he was on the bench Saturday.
  • Options
    I'm afraid I don't think Stav is up to League 1 - well not yet, and I don't think he'll stay long term with us - unless we get relegated that is .....
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I've seen him play a few first team games :- Hereford, Shrewsbury and at least one other cup game & I'm afraid to say the games just passed him by.

Not a criticism, just an observation.
  • Options
    obviously not watching the same games. funny went to ebbsfleet as an 18yr old done well now at cambridge scores and assist for the second goal??????????? on his debut but of course hardened critics say its only conference footy, well half of charltons first team came thru non league at one point.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: selftaught[/cite] well half of charltons first team came thru non league at one point.

Wagstaff, Elliot, Worner, Sodje, Benson, who else to make up half
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I've seen him play a few first team games :- Hereford, Shrewsbury and at least one other cup game & I'm afraid to say the games just passed him by.

Not a criticism, just an observation.
    [cite]Posted By: selftaught[/cite]obviously not watching the same games. funny went to ebbsfleet as an 18yr old done well now at cambridge scores and assist for the second goal??????????? on his debut but of course hardened critics say its only conference footy, well half of charltons first team came thru non league at one point.

So did you see him at the above games ? If so do you disagree ?

Once again ,I'm not having a dig, I hope he turns out to be a good player for us & I'm not expecting too much from him or any other kid at that age.
  • Options
    I hope u didn't take my comments as personal they are more directed at the management who by their admissions rate these youngsters yet never seem to give them the same opportunities as the low standard players they draft in. Rome was not built in a day but if u plant a seed then surely you must water it for it to grow, to use a week analogy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: selftaught[/cite]I hope u didn't take my comments as personal they are more directed at the management who by their admissions rate these youngsters yet never seem to give them the same opportunities as the low standard players they draft in. Rome was not built in a day but if u plant a seed then surely you must water it for it to grow, to use a week analogy

But isn't giving them games in a competative adult league part of that process. Waggy, Elliot and Randoplph all went to non-league on loan as part of their development.

Still struggling with your "half the first team" comment as well as the "low standard players they draft in". Who is low standard who we have signed or loaned this season?