Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reserve Team

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
Did we have a reserve team last season that played league football. I am trying to find out how the reserve team got on however it appears they didn't play in the Football Combination Central as it said they were meant to and the FA Full Time thing is down.

Anybody know if we decided to not put out a competitive reserve team last season? And if not why?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    We did not have a reserve team last season that entered a league. Reasons were financial as far as I know.

There has also been debate as to how this has affected certain player development aswell. Certainly Jonjo may have benefited more from a bit more game time when he was not in the first team.
  • I asked David White that question at our recent meeting, cafcdan 18, and he said that the " Friendlies " the Club arranges ensure that this is not an issue ...ie Matches can be arranged at short notice to facilitate a trialist , players returning from injury etc .

However, your point regarding a young player's general development must be a valid one with no regular competitive games on a weekly/fortnightly basis .

Another casualty of our frail financial position as you rightly pointed out.