Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rommedahl

Apologies if this has been posted before. Just really annoyed me as he is totally useless and now he's talking about going anyway. Maybe if he bothered we wouldn't be where we are. Thanks Dennis you useless lightweight waste of f*cking space.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/premiership/2006-2007/sport_sto1056594.shtml

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2007
    he's being honest which is more than you can say about a lot of modern day footballers and i think its harsh to say that if he bothered we would be in a different position!

there has been a collective f*k up and its harsh to pin the blame on specific people. Romm is very much a confidence player and if we were flying high it would be a lot different (remember Boro away last year?). that being said, his "type" of player is not what we need in our current predicament.
  • Options
    Totally agree Chris fcuk him off,the useless,lightweight c**t
  • Options
    I think his contract runs out anyway.
  • Options
    we probably have an option on him to extend I would have thought
  • Options
    the bloke is a cock....plain and simple.
  • Options
    i'm quite shocked at the hate here.

yes, he may not be the most talented winger and/or kick players around the park but that is not his fault, its not his game. i am sure he is affected by performances around him and he can only be as good as the people playing him in and passing.

i think a lot of the vitriol towards him is a little bit out of order, just because he is not an aggressive players (like we have been used to maybe) he gets it in the neck. Romm was one of the first players to come into the club when we tried to "push onto the next level", yes he hasnt been good enough but to call him all the names under the sun is ridiculous.

Another thing, he is the only players to acknowledge the fans at every game unlike some of the cowards we have at the club
  • Options
    yes language barrier could be a problem, also he may feel (rightly or wrongly) that he hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip during his Charlton career.
  • Options
    he's outa contract in the summer, should of got rid of last season when had chance to offload him, most frustrating player ever seen in charlton shirt, can only remember 1 game he played really well in (boro last yr) and when was the last time he assisted a goal????? last yr mayb??

end of day he's not good enough, nowhere near strong enough for EPL, doesn't do his job as i c it (a winger, especially one with his pace, needs to b gettin past defenders and cut the ball across the box, or cuttin in and attempin a shot)
  • Options
    So WSS you've never booed him...? He's not your typical CAFC player, but £2.1M for a guy that can play one good game a season is not good! His delivery is inconsistant and his reading of the game is rubbish. Goodbye Dennis.

On the plus side - Winner at CPFC and equilizer at the Toon at year or so ago, Boro away. That's it.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Completely agree WSS. He gets so much undeserved stick just because hes not a player that gets stuck in, etc. People were crying out for us to buy some wingers, we do & he gets caned. The only decent winger in the Prem cost 10mil (i think) & we certainly cant afford to pay that.

When he is playing well, he's great. When not then he's poor. Didnt see Bent getting loads of grief when he went however long without scoring?

Hillsy, how exactly is his reading of the game rubbish?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes language barrier could be a problem, also he may feel (rightly or wrongly) that he hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip during his Charlton career.

I doubt it, most Danes speak better English than the English.

Romm is a talented player, but the sort of guy who needs to be at a successful club, or at least one with a strong midfield at Charlton, especially in our predicament his weaknesses stand out and can't be compensated for.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    He scored the winner versus palace,surely that deserves an MBE.......lol
  • Options
    I do see your points guys, but as a so called smaller club we cannot afford to have flair players, who decide to have an off game in every 9 of 10. I was excited when he came, but come on he's hardly set the club on fire. Yes good to watch, and I've always stood up when he's been flying down the wing and on the occasion's he's delivered I would applaude. Sorry though, he has had long enough, time to move on for both him and the club.
  • Options
    I would say that if you have what amounts to a whippet in your team with extraordinary blistering pace, you do not want his talent compromised by nigling injuries picked up from hard clattering tackles etc. That is not his job.

However, I have to ask whether he has delivered in terms of his personal achievement when he gets the ball. Forget wayward passing etc, lets just look at the times when he gets the ball. I would say that very little end product has actually arisen through his possession of the ball, and it is for this reason that he is a disappointment.

I am not a man attracted to profanity, but there was something about his tone that made me think f*ck you Dennis!
  • Options
    I think the main problem with our team concerning Romm is that we cant just play football & create space. There is never enough movement from our players to give others options. No idea if thats down to fitness or a lack of footballing brain. We can pass the ball around the back fine, but the moment it gets into the middle we just seem to lose it. Either that or El Kak hoofs it upfield.

Romm is a luxury player & although we need more than that at the moment, we still need someone that could create something given the chance. With better movement & quicker passing we'd be able to free him up so easily and give him the chance to do some damage. Problem is with no real talent in our midfield apart from Reid it makes it pretty difficult. The fact we've only got one striker who is interested makes this an ever bigger problem.
  • Options
    as bad as dennis is i get more excited about him picking up the ball and running at the opposition (skinny roasting them) than i do when any of our slower midfielders pick it up.... villa at home a good example... but he is frustrating .. against that i thought he worked back defensively against boro even tho that's not his game
  • Options
    One thing I never really noticed about him before that I picked up on Saturday was whenever he is given a shit pass it always sticks & is brought under control first time (Something our Forward line could do with learning). For some reason he just seems to lack the confidence to take players on & get to the bye line which is what we are crying out for, certainly Thomas never does this always turns back to cross never goes to the line. Rommedhal is a frustrating player who you know could do it for someone cos he has the ability, just afraid it's never going to be us.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]as bad as dennis is i get more excited about him picking up the ball and running at the opposition (skinny roasting them) than i do when any of our slower midfielders pick it up.... villa at home a good example... but he is frustrating .. against that i thought he worked back defensively against boro even tho that's not his game[/quote]

LOL LOL LOL

Skinny roast, I told my kids that one after the Villa game when I sat behind you.....we laughed at you all night. Quality!
  • Options
    There's only so much "potential" someone can show before it becomes time to deliver. He just hadn't delivered.

Not the worst we've got, but certainly another one that should probably be shown the door.
  • Options
    he he he... i meant to say 'skin him , roast him' but 'skinny roast' was easier ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    any attacking player who has never scored a league goal at The Valley.

says it all...
  • Options
    has he not scored at the Valley - bloody hell never realsied that.

All the same I love it when he runs at players and when he does do it he causes havoc but he's not done it enough.

I think that is largely down to Curbs negative football BUT I do agree he hasn't shown enough.
  • Options
    He runs at players, beats them but his crossing isn't strong or accurate enough, same with corners - too much lost possession.
  • Options
    Don't think he beats players often enough and he gets pushed off the ball far too easy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Arfur[/cite]has he not scored at the Valley - bloody hell never realsied that.

All the same I love it when he runs at players and when he does do it he causes havoc but he's not done it enough.

I think that is largely down to Curbs negative football BUT I do agree he hasn't shown enough.

Arf, sorry to be the one to have to break this to you - but Curbs ain't our manager anymore mate. He's gone, jumped ship moved on. I would like to tell you what happened with getting a replacement in, but you just wouldn't believe me and only think I was winding you up!
  • Options
    lol @ off-it
  • Options
    yeah alright sarky bollox.

The manager Rommedahl has played mostly for is Curbishley CORRECT.
  • Options
    Oh I dunno Arf, how many games did he play for his previous clubs - and who were the managers there?

(Don't worry, ignore me mate - am just in one of them moods!)
  • Options
    LOL

Listen i just meant under curbs our football was so bleeding neagtive rommy would probably got a bollocking for running over the half way line
  • Options
    What a load of rubbish,when he beats players.Listen he was brought for a reason as a winger get to the bye line and put a cross in.Denis doesn't know where the bloody bye line is.All his crosses are from the edge of the area.The most lily livered player I have ever seen at Charlton.Everytime he gets the ball all the blokes I sit with scream run Forest run.