Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worldwide Breakfast news

edited June 2010 in Not Sports Related
Was watching breakfast news before heading to work today and they did an article on there about SA breakfast news (ahead of the WC obviously). The Lady and Man that were presenting the news in SA had SA football tops on and i thought how good this was their main radio station and their they are supporting their nation they are proud of by wearing their tops to work.

I was thinking how that would never happen over here we are far to serious a country to do anything as fun as that also being proud of your country has died long ago over here. The attitude is that the BBC are far to proffesional for anything that might look like your supporting a team and enjoying supporting your country they will be in suits all summer, boiring corprate b*******'s.

Comments

• Options
    South Africa has a lot of problems mate. Not a yardstick.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Was watching breakfast news before heading to work today and they did an article on there about SA breakfast news (ahead of the WC obviously). The Lady and Man that were presenting the news in SA had SA football tops on and i thought how good this was their main radio station and their they are supporting their nation they are proud of by wearing their tops to work.

I was thinking how that would never happen over here we are far to serious a country to do anything as fun as that also being proud of your country has died long ago over here. The attitude is that the BBC are far to proffesional for anything that might look like your supporting a team and enjoying supporting your country they will be in suits all summer, boiring corprate b*******'s.

Do you ever think about what you are writing before you post it?

Truly, the most stupid thing you have posted since "Paris hasn't got much going for it".

FFS turn the Telly on and see endless World cup this, world cup everywhere but cos you haven't seen anyone on the BBC wearing a tacky bit of nylon "Being proud of your country has died".

Un - F******- believable.
  • Options
    Henry he's only a young un no need to be so harsh on him mate.

Ru I kind of see where you are coming from but it is just false and gimmicky. Very much doubt the average South African living in squalor will take much comfort from the fact a couple of privileged people are wearing a couple of shirts.

There's a really patronising programme on BBC3 at the moment about 3rd rate WAGS "doing their bit" in some ghettos out there and it is cringeworthy. Once the world cup has been and gone no one in the mainstream media will be paying attention to the problems over there.
  • Options
    I heard this morning that the BBC are pulling any live World Cup coverage too.

Honestly, this country sometimes - going to be a truly boiring summer.
  • Options
    I think there should be more adverts from foreign countries peddling faux patriotism in the hope of grabbing a few extra sales. Sure Sony, Mars, NewsCorp and Carlsberg have all leapt on the WC bandwagon pretending to give a shit about England.

But I've not seen anything from Guiness, Fiat or Hurtafurters to name but a few. I for one am distraught that patriotism is having it's face pissed on, in this manner. First I'm banned from wearing my England shirt and now the BBC are refusing to have John Craven's face painted with a St George's cross while he drunkenly presents Country File, slurring borderline racist jingoistic songs. I might as well emigrate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Henry he's only a young un no need to be so harsh on him mate.

you're right but he's 24 not 14.

Just don't know how he sees two people wearing shirts on SA radio and from that gets to

"being proud of your country has died long ago over here. The attitude is that the BBC are far to proffesional for anything that might look like your supporting a team and enjoying supporting your country they will be in suits all summer, boiring corprate b*******'s.

Jonathan Edwards would be proud of a leap that big ; - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    There's a really patronising programme on BBC3 at the moment about 3rd rate WAGS "doing their bit" in some ghettos out there and it is cringeworthy. Once the world cup has been and gone no one in the mainstream media will be paying attention to the problems over there.
    There's a programme in my mind about 3rd rate WAGS doing my bit. It's not very nice, but I think it highlights a number of issues.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Was watching breakfast news before heading to work today and they did an article on there about SA breakfast news (ahead of the WC obviously). The Lady and Man that were presenting the news in SA had SA football tops on and i thought how good this was their main radio station and their they are supporting their nation they are proud of by wearing their tops to work.

Do you ever think about what you are writing before you post it?

Truly, the most stupid thing you have posted since "Paris hasn't got much going for it".

FFS turn the Telly on and see endless World cup this, world cup everywhere but cos you haven't seen anyone on the BBC wearing a tacky bit of nylon "Being proud of your country has died".

Un - F******- believable.

Sorry Henry i wont do it again if i had known i would upset you so much i wouldnt have done.
  • Options
    Rupert, you haven't upset me.

Just amazed at your thinking processes.
  • Options
    Charltons Life's very own Karl Pilkington.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey think i will have to stop and study what i say on here , thought it was a bit of fun.........Oops forgot to study that sorry in advance.
  • Options
    Susanna Reid could wear a bin liner as far as I'm concerned and she'd still qualify for a portion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Susanna Reid could wear a bin liner as far as I'm concerned and she'd still qualify for a portion.

Indeed lol.
  • Options
    BBC presenters can't wear an England shirt because it's the British Broadcasting corporation, and other than maybe local news programmes nor should they.
    Ideally i agree they should be able too but unfortunately Brits aren't than friendly towards each other. Imagine the moaning from us English if BBC presenters wore a Scots or Welsh shirt when they had a game on.
  • Options
    The BBC doesn't remain completely impartial during the World Cup either. There will be a significant amount of bias towards England, and so there should be, but they get it just right, I don't want to hear about England's World Cup all day, I'd like to see and know how other teams are getting on.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]BBC presenters can't wear an England shirt because it's the British Broadcasting corporation, and other than maybe local news programmes nor should they.
    Ideally i agree they should be able too but unfortunately Brits aren't than friendly towards each other. Imagine the moaning from us English if BBC presenters wore a Scots or Welsh shirt when they had a game on.

This is the sort of thing i am talking about. Serious lack of fun vibe anything that is fun in this country is wrong and unprofesional terribel attitude. I know the British Broadcasting Corparation are far too high and mighty to were tops anyway it just made me think how seriously dull we all are over here when it comes to things like this.
  • Options
    rupert, give it a rest.

BBC is all over the world cup FFS but football and the world cup is not the world.

just stop repeating 2nd hand cliches about everyone hating england and no one is patriotic and no one has fun. it's not true.
    Not everyone cares about football and if they did you slag them off for not being proper fans.
  • Options
    Rupert, Its you opinion, you go for it, express yourself!!
  • Options
    Jeez, this sites gone mad.

You can't seem to post owt without someone getting all silly.

Take a deep breath everyone!

X
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Susanna Reid could wear a bin liner as far as I'm concerned and she'd still qualify for a portion.

Indeed lol.

Oi! You young 'uns stick to your own age group with your "would ya's" and leave the delightful Ms Reid to us more mature types.

BTW stick to your guns Ru. If you can't talk balls on here without having to justify/reference/notate every comment for factual accuracy (within reason) then where can you? And I should know with the amount of rubbish I post...