Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Le Mans 24 hour

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
Off to Le Mans in the morning, anybody else go??

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: revellinit[/cite]Off to Le Mans in the morning, anybody else go??

No, first one since 99 that I'll not be going to.... gutted.
  • Why is that? Only been going for last 5 years and would be gutted not to go myself....
  • New baby + 5 days away = V unhappy wife!!

Where are you staying? We used to camp in Houx Annexe but it's gradually been squeezed over the years and it's difficult to get a decent pitch. Stayed at a site a couple of miles outside Le Mans for the last couple of years but bit of a nightmare to get in/out.
  • Umm ok.......take them with you ! rent a house, nice pool, hols for all....
    Camping on Houx this year but it is smaller that before, the wall has been knocked down and the TVR club not given any tickets, something to do with the ACO allocating tickets. My eldest is coming with this year, next year Sam whos 12 wants to come. I might even look at renting somewhere myself!
  • Nice idea but not only would she hate it, she's a teacher so couldn't get the time off work.

Still, next year my daughter will be 2 and a half so I may get away with leaving them!

Have a good one.
  • My Old man left this morning too has gone every year since he was a child since about 57' or something like that i think.
  • ooh what fun, watching cars go round and round for 24 hours. Dave Mehmet is the ultimate car geek, worse than train spotters you lot,

'ooh look a type 4 v12 thrust with double cam, go faster stripes n furry dice'

NERDS
  • Who rattled your cage?
  • [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]ooh what fun, watching cars go round and round for 24 hours. Dave Mehmet is the ultimate car geek, worse than train spotters you lot,

NERDS

Feck me I only asked.............! Are you tired Steve?
  • [cite]Posted By: revellinit[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]ooh what fun, watching cars go round and round for 24 hours. Dave Mehmet is the ultimate car geek, worse than train spotters you lot,

NERDS

Feck me I only asked.............! Are you tired Steve?

No, just gay
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]ooh what fun, watching cars go round and round for 24 hours. Dave Mehmet is the ultimate car geek, worse than train spotters you lot,

NERDS

Lol at least theuir not pretending to be cool. They are not turning round and saying how cool it is if you asked most of them they would probably agree they are nerds and proud of it :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]ooh what fun, watching cars go round and round for 24 hours. Dave Mehmet is the ultimate car geek, worse than train spotters you lot,

NERDS

Lol at least theuir not pretending to be cool. They are not turning round and saying how cool it is if you asked most of them they would probably agree they are nerds and proud of it :-)

Dont see any nurds.......just complete p1ss heads who like cars......or is that a nurdy thing? lol
    No furry dice in my car or anything else furry!!!
  • I would LOVE to get over to see this at least once in my life. Full on camping, racing and carnival experience would be a ticked box on life's list for me...
  • [cite]Posted By: revellinit[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]

NERDS

Dont see any nurds.......just complete p1ss heads who like cars......or is that a nurdy thing? lol
    No furry dice in my car or anything else furry!!!

No, its like me with my computer games (incedibly nerdy) but at least i am honest about it when i say "no i am staying in tonight to Assassins Creed it up" Mates turn round and call me sad and Nerdy fair play i am sad and Nerdy but at least i dont pretend its cool. I for one know that Le mans is one of the least Nerdy places to go in the world. Thoousands of blokes looking at massive motors getting trashed in tents some up to the age of 60 and beyond, nothing nerdy about that. As i say my old man has been every year for ages loves it so it was not a critcisim atall mate.
  • Brother-in-law paid to take father-in-Law down there for his 70th a couple of years ago. Drove down in B-in-L's posh car, 5 star hotel, swanky restaurants etc.

I offered to take Dad to the Black Prince for a weekend to stare at cars going past the window as my treat...
  • This will be the 1st time for me.

Can't wait, leaving at 06:30 in the morning and the beers are calling....
  • edited June 2010
    I'm going tomorrow morning. I've been every year since '99 bar one (the year the Bentley's won). Taking my younger son for the first time.

I will be performing live as "Piston-Broke" on the Friday night in Aux Portes Du Circuit Cafe-Bar, which is about 50 metres up the road from the main entrance. All welcome. We normally have an international crowd of drunks in - Danes, Germans, Dutch, but mainly Brits. It's just a singalong evening, but the more the merrier!
  • I'm going this year - planning to stay at Flexotel in Circuit...http://www.lemansrace.com/le-mans-24-hours/prices/on-circuit-options/travel-destinations-flexotel-village-cabins/
    Any thoughts/ideas/recommendations - looking to leave London circa 12 on Friday and go via Chunnel to get to Le Mans hopefully about 9pm.
  • I looked at the flexotel for this year but couldn't get anyone else interested. A couple of mates fancied the le mans classic in july but it's the same weekend as my wife's 40th so no chance! Really want to go again.
  • Saga Lout said:

I'm going tomorrow morning. I've been every year since '99 bar one (the year the Bentley's won). Taking my younger son for the first time.

I will be performing live as "Piston-Broke" on the Friday night in Aux Portes Du Circuit Cafe-Bar, which is about 50 metres up the road from the main entrance. All welcome. We normally have an international crowd of drunks in - Danes, Germans, Dutch, but mainly Brits. It's just a singalong evening, but the more the merrier!

Just to let everyone know that I am still going and still performing on the Friday night at the same venue. Any lifers in the vicinity please pop along and say hello - I'll be the one with the flying V guitar. Different act these days, my previous partner "retired" and I have a new sideman who is a superb guitarist.
  • Sponsored links:

• In '78 I went to the motorbike equivalent, Le Bol d'Or, at the Circuit Paul Ricard in the south of France. Much more my type of thing than cars.
  • Saga Lout said:

Saga Lout said:

Just to let everyone know that I am still going and still performing on the Friday night at the same venue. Any lifers in the vicinity please pop along and say hello - I'll be the one with the flying V guitar. Different act these days, my previous partner "retired" and I have a new sideman who is a superb guitarist.
    What time you playing ? Not planning to get there until circa 8/9 pm on Friday.
  • We'll be starting about 9 to 9:30, finishing about 1:30 to 2.
  • Saga Lout said:

We'll be starting about 9 to 9:30, finishing about 1:30 to 2.

ok brill, likely see you there.

• Saga Lout said:

Saga Lout said:

Have a good one Phil.....
    Flying v eh?
    Playing any Hendrix tunes?
    Sounds like a great time, have to go one year.
  • Saga Lout said:

Saga Lout said:

Have a good one Phil.....
    Flying v eh?
    Playing any Hendrix tunes?
    Sounds like a great time, have to go one year.
    I don't think there is any Hendrix in the Le Mans set. Love my V - should've bought one years ago. People think they're a heavy metal axe, but they are steeped in the blues - Hendrix used his for blues and my reason for buying one can be summed up in the words Albert King. :-)
  • I have news Ken! We played a Hendrix track - Foxy Lady - me with my V and Paul Campbell with his upside-down Strat! Had a great time in Le Mans. Just a shame Audi won again, but Porsche gave them a bloody good run for their money, as did Toyota, and significantly, Nissan engines were used in the cars which finished 5th to 10th. I say this every year, but next year could be very interesting.
  • There you go...... well done. I knew you had it in you.......... Re:the Race saw it on TV, Thought that the 'category' that Bruno Senna was in was excellent. Although he came a lowly 34th the Aston looked good against the others.... Have to come one year, Did you take your car?.....
  • edited June 2014
    I'm definitely going to try and get down there again next year. Trying to get a convoy of classics with a couple of mates, one's got an old triumph 2500 saloon which we can get loads of stuff in.
  • After agreeing with my son to go in early summer, family issues meant that we couldnt go in the end - but watched a lot on tv.
    Def going next year though - any good ideas re accommodation?