Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

iPhone 4

If you haven't seen it already then watch this and get saving. The current iPhone is about to become very outdated!

Impressive

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Turns out the leak was correct. I'll be upgrading from my current 3g when it comes out. Multitasking makes all the difference for me.

Video calling is nice but how often would you use it, and even then how many people can you use it with, seeing as it's only on iPhone 4, and so how many people I know will get one too?

Hardware looks good, multitasking awesome, as long as it does what my current 3g does a bit quicker than I'll be more than happy. Hopefully it won't be too much!
  • Options
    I think some people need to get over this phone...

Well done to Apple for making an absolute fortunate on the Anti-Microsoft and PC Illiterate brigade, I think their company is nearly worth more than Microsoft (surely that can't be possible?)
  • Options
    So - basically, it's a thinner iPhone? Well worth the seven hundred quid.
  • Options
    in the paper this morning it said the 32GB version is selling at $299 in the states.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]in the paper this morning it said the 32GB version is selling at $299 in the states.
    Firstly, that's the US. You know that it will be the same dollar-pound cost, if not more. Secondly, that price will be with a contract. Total price of the phone will be about seven hundred quid - probably more.
  • Options
    Question for techie types...

I've currently got an 18 month contract with Orange (not an iPhone).
    Could I, hypothetically, buy the iPhone 4 handset and just pop my current sim card in there?

Or does that not work, and why?
  • Options
    This Iphone thing is getting ridiculous, it's a phone FFS that's all.
  • Options
    It uses a different type of sim card then the 3GS, so the answer is no.

Be interesting to see what O2 offer as early upgrade deals, there annoucing them in the next 36 hours. Suspect it'll be like AT&T where they'll be free early upgrades upto 6 months, then a fee for anyone else.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]Question for techie types...

I've currently got an 18 month contract with Orange (not an iPhone).
    Could I, hypothetically, buy the iPhone 4 handset and just pop my current sim card in there?

Or does that not work, and why?
    No. Because Apple are thieving turds.
  • Options
    My Contract with T-Mobile ends this month

I am going to give them a call and see if i can 'upgrade' to this phone this month. However i dont think iphone do t-mobile so i have to wait until my contract runs completely down to do it. Does it then count as an upgrade? i will be upgrading with carphone warehouse just not T-Mobile.

Can anyone help as i dont quite understand how these things work. Basically i have a t-mob contract and a sony ericsson c905. I have had this contract 18months now in June, and my contract is now up. What is the chance i can get an upgrade to this new iphone?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently this will bring the I-Phone 3GS down to around $189 on pay as you go.. Perfect!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]So - basically, it's a thinner iPhone? Well worth the seven hundred quid.

And the video calling, better high definition camera with flash, video (camcorder) feature, tougher phone body, extended battery, multi tasking (use more than 1 app at the same time). It's miles better than the current version.

[cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]My Contract with T-Mobile ends this month

I am going to give them a call and see if i can 'upgrade' to this phone this month. However i dont think iphone do t-mobile so i have to wait until my contract runs completely down to do it. Does it then count as an upgrade? i will be upgrading with carphone warehouse just not T-Mobile.

It says "Vodafone, Orange, O2, Phones 4 U and Carphone Warehouse will all be selling the device", nothing about T-Mobile.
  • Options

Can anyone help as i dont quite understand how these things work. Basically i have a t-mob contract and a sony ericsson c905. I have had this contract 18months now in June, and my contract is now up. What is the chance i can get an upgrade to this new iphone?

You'll be a "brand new customer" if you defect to O2, Voda or Orange. Probably in the best position of anyone.

You'll probably need to give 30 days notice to Tmobile if you plan to leave them but make sure you are happy with the iphone 4 deals on the table. Contact Tmob - say you are leaving and want your MAC (or PAC - i forget)) code and they will transfer you to a team that will try to keep you there, once you shake them off you get this code and then you get to keep your number on a beautiful iphone4
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]So - basically, it's a thinner iPhone? Well worth the seven hundred quid.

And the video calling, better high definition camera with flash, video (camcorder) feature, tougher phone body, extended battery, multi tasking (use more than 1 app at the same time). It's miles better than the current version.

It says "Vodafone, Orange, O2, Phones 4 U and Carphone Warehouse will all be selling the device", nothing about T-Mobile.
    Video calling over 3G? lulz - in most places in central London you can barely watch a poxy youlube video on the iPhone, so that's unrealistic. If I want a camera, I'll use... a camera. There's no need for any photos taken with a phone to be anything more than average in quality. All the other 'features' are done better, cheaper and with more openness on other phones.
  • Options
    Cheers Swisdom

Appreciate it ;) !! !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]in the paper this morning it said the 32GB version is selling at $299 in the states.
    Firstly, that's the US. You know that it will be the same dollar-pound cost, if not more. Secondly, that price will be with a contract. Total price of the phone will be about seven hundred quid - probably more.

ah gotcha.
  • Options
    agree about video calling, but cameras on phones - do you always carry your camera around, I doubt it..

:D
  • Options
    If I want to send a quick snap of my daughter to my wife I can in seconds on my iphone
    If I want to check my emails i can on my phone in a matter of seconds.
    I can play games.
    I can check for hotels/restaurants/tourist attractions nearby in seconds
    I can read Sky news whenever I want
    I can view a map wherever I am
    I can check the weather wherever I am
    I can check yardages on a golf course anywhere in the world I may be playing
    I can listen to music or podcasts
    I can check train timetables whenever I want
    I can access my betfair account whenever I want
    I can scan a barcode and see if I can find a product cheaper somewhere else
    I can check traffic wherever I am
    I can listen to the radio
    I can update/check on Facebook or twitter whenever I want
    I can surf the web whenever I want

I know other phones have various aspects of this but no mobile compares to the iPhone at this moment in time for ease of use AND aesthetics.

In fact - the only part of the iphone I don't like is the phone itself but I suspect thats more a result of O2 being guff
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Apple are a very evil company, they assume they can get away with it by making good products and by clever marketing (with huge budgets).

If in anyway you think Apple are not as evil as Microsoft for example then I recommended you do some Google searches.

I for one will not be spending another penny on Apple products, however pretty they might be.
  • Options
    When the iPhone first came out a lot of people pointed out how poor the camera was, since then they've slightly upgraded it each year to the enjoyment of their fans. My N95 which was a free upgrade 2 years ago had a 5megapixel camera with a flash, go figure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The camera is rubbish at present. However there are apps such as Hipstamatic and Plastic Bullet that make it a joy.

I no longer carry my point and shoot camera in my bag all the time. People are doing amazing photographic stuff with various apps that can be downloaded for the price of half a pint of lager.
  • Options
    Or does that not work, and why?[/quote]
    No. Because Apple are thieving turds..........
    Well they certainly give a good impression of one, Apple have always tried to be at the forefront of sexy looking, must have the latest, boystoys......

As I use a mac at work, or did for work!, and the applications I have including fonts etc CS4 etc the investment I have made makes me very reluctant to migrate towards a pc.

Despite the fact that an apple laptop is £1000 with a business discount from Apple the same principle applies to the i phone.

I am half way throughan 18 month contract so I am locked in till at least Christmas, probably February. Yes I get a discount ( BBC) but I will forgo the 'extras' that my fellows at the bbc will be devastated if they do not get one immediately!.

I am thinking it is becoming a 'status symbol' just to keep up!....... Good luck to you if you get off on it! . As I use a phone for essentially making phone calls! and yes the apps are fun and helpful I think I would rather invest the money in something else!. and equally futile I suppose!

Each to his own! It is a freeworld.........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I can view a map wherever I am

My Sister tried to impress me with her new Iphone the other day. I asked her where is the Chequers Pub near Epsom & what the directions are, she looked it up in her iphone in seconds, i drove to where she told me it was & there was a pub there, the wrong one & with a different name, Fookin useless.
  • Options
    8 megapixles means jack if the sensor in the phone is crap.

As for the mapping, it's google supplying the map info take it up with them
  • Options
    the lens also makes a big difference apparently
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Video calling over 3G? lulz - in most places in central London you can barely watch a poxy youlube video on the iPhone, so that's unrealistic. If I want a camera, I'll use... a camera. There's no need for any photos taken with a phone to be anything more than average in quality. All the other 'features' are done better, cheaper and with more openness on other phones.

Video calling is over wi-fi only. Why do people cream their pants over the iPhone, every magical new feature of the 4th gen iPhone has been done elsewhere long ago. Apple just have a pretty UI, pretty hardware and good marketing, plus a load of fanboys who follow the gospel according to steve
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I can view a map wherever I am

My Sister tried to impress me with her new Iphone the other day. I asked her where is the Chequers Pub near Epsom & what the directions are, she looked it up in her iphone in seconds, i drove to where she told me it was & there was a pub there, the wrong one & with a different name, Fookin useless.

You asked a woman for directions?!!
  • Options
    And you can't really blame an iPhone for a mistake on Google maps. Or as Chris says above, sounds like user error to me :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]8 megapixles means jack if the sensor in the phone is crap.

As for the mapping, it's google supplying the map info take it up with them
    Most phones have a better sensor than an IPhone and you can get google maps on loads of other phones!
  • Options
    I personally think the HTC desire is better than the new iPhone.