Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spending a Penny........

Just cost me 30p to use the loo at Fulham Broadway tube - unbelievable!!!!!

Thought I'd share that with you all!

Comments

• Options
    50p at Paternoster Square by St Pauls !!!!
  • Options
    Or you just walk through the gap to the side of them...
  • Options
    most mainline stations are 30p now
  • Options
    It's £80 if you use most Shop Doorways nowadays.
  • Options
    20p on eastbourne seafront for a tinkle on Saturday, money well spent tho was busting like a mo fo after 4 pints in the sun.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Straight over the barrier. F***ed if I'm paying 30p to take a leak when the khazis absolutely stink and the cubicles are swimming in piss.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Straight over the barrier. F***ed if I'm paying 30p to take a leak when the khazis absolutely stink and the cubicles are swimming in piss.

Spot on!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]It's £80 if you use most Shop Doorways nowadays.
    Nice one!!

If you pull the barrier towards you, you can usually get in for free.
  • Options
    surely it's a false economy for councils because im sure there are a few people who will take the free option behind a sign or whatever, which will then cost money to clean up.

Then again, there's more chance of seeing pigs fly than there is of seeing a council cleaner
  • Options

Brilliant !
    I really did LOL !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Do you have a map of the free ones?
  • Options
    I had to spend 30p at Charing Cross yesterday..
  • Options
    I flatly refuse to pay....I climb over the barrier...still not too old to do that.
    Bloody liberty....born and bred in this country and until recently wasn't expected to have to pay to have a slash.
    Let the tourists pay, if they must.............I won't.
    Had a row with an attendant in Westminster a year or two back by the time he finished trying to encourage me to leave I had my pee and walked out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Straight over the barrier. F***ed if I'm paying 30p to take a leak when the khazis absolutely stink and the cubicles are swimming in piss.

Spot on!

Nah - just find a handy bar, use their facilities then walk off again......
  • Options
    Absolutely scandalous to charge for toilet facilities.

This country is the pits now.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It's absolutely disgusting that this nonsense is allowed to continue by the powers that be, its a scam and a f@@king rip off and should be made illegal. I will never pay to piss. Amazingly in America you can use the facilites anywhere, shops petrol stations, restaurants etc and nobody ever as much as gives you a funny look. Every council over here is a fingerless glove wearing mizer! The lovely welcoming smiling side of Britain. Tight arse penny pinching arsewitts. Do any other countries put up with this shite? Please tell me this isn't just a British thing!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Absolutely scandalous to charge for toilet facilities.

I'm not so sure about that. 30p seems very good value to me for a morning after the night before beer and curry session.
  • Options
    so you want clean toilets but arn't prepared to pay for the upkeep of them. Oh well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]so you want clean toilets but arn't prepared to pay for the upkeep of them. Oh well.

WTF are you on about Large, we pay through our rates don't we........it's simply another stealth tax???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Absolutely scandalous to charge for toilet facilities.

Now? C'mon Len

Paying for toilets is hardy new, hence the term "spend a penny" as that was the amount you had to pay to use the new fangled public conveniences in the 1850s. That's 160 years ago!

Of course it was mainly women who had to pay as urinals were free but men had to pay as well for a cubicle.
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]

Spot on!

bar owners like you to do this and will often refuse to let you buy a drink even if you wanted to : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    30p for pish....?

I'd want a shite to go with that...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]so you want clean toilets but arn't prepared to pay for the upkeep of them. Oh well.

WTF are you on about Large, we pay through our rates don't we........it's simply another stealth tax???

Someone has to pay for Network Rails executives:

Network Rail fat cat bonuses (Dailyl Mail article)

What a smart move nationalising the railways was.................................................................................
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Now? C'mon Len

Paying for toilets is hardy new, hence the term "spend a penny" as that was the amount you had to pay to use the new fangled public conveniences in the 1850s. That's 160 years ago!

Of course it was mainly women who had to pay as urinals were free but men had to pay as well for a cubicle.

It wasn't right then and it isn't right now!
  • Options
    Did Ryan air go ahead with their £1 toilet tax?
  • Options
    That's the point though, isn't it? Most places you pay to use the khazis they are absolutely f***ing disgusting. Best example is the bogs in the upstairs shopping bit at Victoria station. They are an absolute, utter disgrace - yet they charge you for using them. Where the f*** is the money going? It certainly ain't going on keeping them clean.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Now? C'mon Len

But it hardly qualifies as a recent problem if it's 160 years old : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]

Spot on!

And don't forget to take the toilet roll with you...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Now? C'mon Len

But it hardly qualifies as a recent problem if it's 160 years old : - )

One used to "spend a penny" long ago that is true but gradually pay cubicles were replaced by free ones so that paying became the exception rather than the rule. Decimalisation may well have been the catalyst.

Hence my comment that this country is the pits now.

If they could find a way to enforce it the bastards would charge us to breathe God's air.

It is wrong, wrong, wrong.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Did Ryan air go ahead with their £1 toilet tax?

No that was a gimmick to get themselves some free advertising.
  • Options
    I'm with Len on this one, it costs the local councils to run these things, but that's what we pay council taxes for.