Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Siouxsie & The Banshies

CHGCHG
edited June 2010 in Not Sports Related
What an amzing band, Happy House, best 80's song ever?

Comments

• Options
    Try the Yeah Yeah Yeahs - a very good band of that ilk
  • Options
    Chislehurst's most famous export!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]Try the Yeah Yeah Yeahs - a very good band of that ilk
    good band, but not a touch on Siouxsie.
  • Options
    Used to knock around with Siouxsie Sioux's niece when I was a kid. Nice girl - but mad as a box of frogs. She lives in New Zealand now. Always thought the banshees were shite.
  • Options
    Loved 'em. My top 5:
    Arabian Knights
    Spellbound
    Israel
    Christine
    Hong Kong Garden
  • Options
    Good call; add in some lesser played mini classics:

Love in a Void
    Voices
    Suburban Relapse
    and of course...
    The Lord's Prayer
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Loved 'em. My top 5:
    Arabian Knights
    Spellbound
    Israel
    Christine
    Hong Kong Garden

Good shout, Lords Prayer as well. Great band.
  • Options
    I'm with Leroy, always thought they were shite. Saw them live once as well and I think they were the worst "punk" band I ever saw live.
  • Options
    Brilliant band.
    And they named a song after me.......

Queue sarcastic comments using other of their song titles ;-)

I am a strawberry Queen :-D
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]
    And they named a song after me.......

Would that be Christine, which I believe was about a real person; a schizophrenic with 36 identifiable personalities?
    Do you identify with the song at all ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was going to suggest Mad Eyed Screamer until I remembered that was The Creatures ;-)
  • Options
    Excellent band ... saw them a few times ... one of MOG's favourites I believe
  • Options
    Saw them loads of times. My favourite band at the time.
  • Options
    If not The favorites....
    Only seen them 82 times.....
    ;-)
  • Options
    saw her at the roundhouse about 18 months ago,she'd lost a bit but still enjoyed the gig. i always had a bit of a thing for her but when i saw her on "i'm in a rock and roll band" recently, realised i must have been many miles from the stage!

i photographed the cover of her "swimming horses" album and is my only claim to fame.
  • Options
    Would that be Christine, which I believe was about a real person; a schizophrenic with 36 identifiable personalities?
    Do you identify with the song at all ;-)

Oh ubetcha ;-)

Who said that?

Oh stop going on :-/
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]saw her at the roundhouse about 18 months ago,she'd lost a bit but still enjoyed the gig. i always had a bit of a thing for her but when i saw her on "i'm in a rock and roll band" recently, realised i must have been many miles from the stage!

i photographed the cover of her "swimming horses" album and is my only claim to fame.

"Their" Swimming Horses......
    Mr Severin still Hates it when SATB are referred to as "Her"...........
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]saw her at the roundhouse about 18 months ago,she'd lost a bit but still enjoyed the gig. i always had a bit of a thing for her but when i saw her on "i'm in a rock and roll band" recently, realised i must have been many miles from the stage!

"Their" Swimming Horses......
    Mr Severin still Hates it when SATB are referred to as "Her"...........
    ;-)

well spotted mog and I stand corrected