Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"Fifa rule scuppers Diawara switch"

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/breaking-news/sport/soccer/article2155370.ece

Comments

• "But FIFA's rules state no player may play for three clubs in a year starting July 1 - and it has been discovered that the Senegalese player was in French club Sochaux's team before his €3.7 million debut for Charlton against Chelsea on September 9."

Hardly a difficult "discovery" was it? In fact, I'd say it was common knowledge. Strange that it appears in the Belfast Times though - maybe because of the O'Brien connection???
  • surely this only counts for competitive matches, one assumes he must have played in a competitive game in July for his old club - bit strange...?
  • Also thought it was that they can't be registered with more than three clubs, not that they can't play on loan?
    Whatever the reason, I'd rather we keep him, as at least he's got a bit of spirit about him.
  • glad he's staying after saturdays performance. Couldnt see o'brien doing a better job than that.
  • If this is true, I can't believe we're trying to get rid of Diawara. He was our MOM on Saturday and will only get better - we need to get rid of that clown El Karhouri long before Souley
  • But FIFA's rules state no player may play for three clubs in a year starting July 1 - and it has been discovered that the Senegalese player was in French club Sochaux's team before his €3.7 million debut for Charlton against Chelsea on September 9.

What am I missing? If he's played for Sochaux and Charlton that's two clubs...allowing him to play for a third?

And anyway I thought this was a loaning situating rather than a transfer, and therefore exempt?
  • edited January 2007
    No player may play for 3 clubs - you've answered your own question! ;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite] Diawara. He was our MOM on Saturday and will only get better

Diawara got a great reception from the crowd later on in the match and it seemed to lift him- i guess his confidence must be very low- but he still has a tremendous amount to prove in my book-and he has got to learn how not to lose the ball when it's in the air.

Not sure he was MoM on saturday, I'm guess i am struggling to find anyone worthy of that tag.