Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spanners unite

edited May 2010 in General Charlton
I've just had the misfortune of bumping into spanners at Finchley Road and on the tube to Kilburn; what a bunch of misfits! Although I must admit slightly envious of their trip to Wembley.

Comments

• Options
    You should have whacked them over the head with a Spanish omelette!
  • Options
    just back from ladbroke grove,so many of them with silly hats and flags,usual dad with reeboks belly over knees,ugly wife and two children with silly haircuts.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]I've just had the misfortune of bumping into spanners at Finchley Road and on the tube to Kilburn; what a bunch of misfits! Although I must admit slightly envious of their trip to Wembley.[/quote]

Slightly - I'm green with envy!!
  • Options
    Is there a game on today?

Hope it pours down all day
  • Options
    Wasn't actually a game , creepy , more of a capitulation by a team that had abandoned any vestige of their Club colours. Bet their fans weren't best pleased....
  • Options
    I bet they aint as gutted as we are!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Wasn't actually a game , creepy , more of a capitulation by a team that had abandoned any vestige of their Club colours. Bet their fans weren't best pleased....

Why do otherwise decent teams capitulate against Millwall I wonder?

It's traditional for us but Swindon?
  • Options
    Whatever you say or think about their fanbase they do seem to make some noise when it matters and i think the about the rep about them being intimidating which probably rubs off on the opponents (when in reality it is no different than at numerous grounds up and down the country). Plus they have a team of battlers who dont bottle it.

Ive been to numerous charlton games when we have been stupidly loud and it makes a difference eg leeds at home orient away this season and i think it helps boost the players and gives an edge. I think we won some of the palace and spurs games of yesteryear based on support giving the cliched 12th man effect.

Also i think their manager has instilled a sense of self belief and has got the best out of average players.

I also think swindon flattered to deceive and were one of the least worst in the league rather than a force.
  • Options
    The Swindon who turned up yesterday were the same Swindon who only managed a draw against 9 men, not the team that defended like their lives depended on it when they themselves were down to 10 men at the Valley.
    I've often said I never know which Charlton are going to turn up.
    I guess Swindon fans must say the same.