Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Did you meet your partner through the Internet

Myself and Mrs.Windscreen met through an MSN interests group...just a few emails to start, found out she was a singer asked her to do some demo's for me and the rest is history. Would be interested to know of other success stories, or maybe not successful.

Comments

• Options
    Yes.........................though for me and nolly it's hard going sometimes but the future looks promising!
  • Options
    Late 1960's ... a gang of us would go to the home games, then go our separate ways at the top of Floyd Road.

"Are you going to Janet King's party in Forest Hill tonight?" says Brian.

General nods and agreement from the Catford and Lewisham contingent.

"What about you, Dave?"

"Yeah, probably." Dave had no intention of making the trek from Charlton to Forest Hill on public transport, least of all the trip back.

"Except you won't" says Brian. "If you say 'probably', that means you won't."

Brian hits the sensitive sweet spot and Dave's competitive gene kicks in.

"I fucking will."

The rest, as they say, is history. 35 wonderful years (so far), four wonderful sons and now three incredible grandchildren.

Watch out for that simple twist of Fate.

Oh ... and thanks, Brian!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Late 1960's ... a gang of us would go to the home games, then go our separate ways at the top of Floyd Road.

"What about you, Dave?"

"Yeah, probably." Dave had no intention of making the trek from Charlton to Forest Hill on public transport, least of all the trip back.

"I fucking will."

The rest, as they say, is history. 35 wonderful years (so far), four wonderful sons and now three incredible grandchildren.

Yes Dave......................... but was that on the internet?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Late 1960's ... a gang of us would go to the home games, then go our separate ways at the top of Floyd Road.

"What about you, Dave?"

"I fucking will."

Off course, 1960's was when the internet was at its prime!
  • Options
    Probably
  • Options
    Doesnt matter if Dave missed the point...really nice story thats properly made my day.
  • Options
    Agreed.
  • Options
    I've made errrr 'acquaintabces' with about a dozen girls I have met on t'internet but only one girlfriend who turned out to be a schlag!
  • Options
    Thought I'd try to keep the Charlton element going somewhere in the thread.

I still find it strange to think that a major turning point in my life came at the top of Floyd Road. Every time I pass the spot, I think back to that conversation.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I've made errrr 'acquaintabces' with about a dozen girls I have met on t'internet but only one girlfriend who turned out to be a schlag!

As a matter of interest, did you meet her on here?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nope
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I've made errrr 'acquaintabces' with about a dozen girls I have met on t'internet but only one girlfriend who turned out to be a schlag![/quote]

polish masseurs dont count
  • Options
    They bloody well do!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I've made errrr 'acquaintabces' with about a dozen girls I have met on t'internet but only one girlfriend who turned out to be a schlag!

As a matter of interest, did you meet her on here?

Nope

Oh well............... it was worth a shot.
  • Options
    nope
  • Options
    35 years dave? How old were you?
  • Options

"What about you, Dave?"

"I fucking will."

Sounds like he was hooked "into the net" so close enough!

Lovely story by the way Dave.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I once dumped a girl in the covered end...it went like this "It's either me or your football mates" no guessing my reply. I was an idiot, she was really fit!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Gelan...sometimes I'm confused when I see the name windscreen...is it you or Rebbeca posting...I simply don't know....When it's Mr windscreen we all know it's you and isn't there a Mrs windscreen as well (or am I mistaken?), which makes it even more confusing?
  • Options
    Stu...I'm sorry for the confusion, but this is the score. Rebeka joined the forum first as windscreen...I was too lazy to join so just used her ID. After a few of my posts I realised that others were getting confused that either I was gay or Rebeka was a lesbian. I joined the forum as Mister Windscreen to stop all the gossip and confusion lol. The problem is that sometimes I come here to post and Rebeka is still logged in but I dont notice eg; my recent whispers to you. As from today we are both going to log out...phew!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ah right....but isn't there a Mrs windcreen as well?
    Maybe I'm wrong there?
  • Options
    I Met my ex on the internet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]I Met my ex on the ex-tranet.

Office romance?

;o)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    For those of us that have lost the plot from watching Charlton for 50 years: THERE IS NO MRS.WINDSCREEN well there is, but she doesnt use the ID MRS.WINDSCREEN. See below for details.

The Geezer....................CL ID Mister Windscreen
    The Geezers missus..........CL ID windscreen

Please dont ask for further clarification as I have connections within "Meals on wheels"
  • Options
    edited May 2010

"What about you, Dave?"

"I fucking will."

Was this written in 2004?
  • Options
    Nice story Dave but you've left out the vital information. What happened and how, who was involved etc, etc

So come on. What was the score that day and who were Charlton playing ; - )
  • Options
    You can't ask Dave if he scored that day, Henry!

;o)
  • Options
    Yes I met Kay through RSVP in Australia. Met quite a few women that way, but only one that really matters.
  • Options
    No, but it stopped me from looking...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Nice story Dave but you've left out the vital information. What happened and how, who was involved etc, etc

So come on. What was the score that day and who were Charlton playing ; - )[/quote]

Mrs Rudd reels off the date without hesitation.

2-2 draw with Portsmouth, Henry. 'Cannonball' Mike Kenning with both goals.