Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ZZ

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
I applauded him onto the pitch at half time, however after a short while I found my self singing: "Will we ever see you play?" Was I just being cynical?

Comments

• Options
    He certainly showed some enthusiasm as he made a run for the centre circle...
  • Options
    is ZZ the new karim bagheri or whatever that iranian fellows name was
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]is ZZ the new karim bagheri or whatever that iranian fellows name was[/quote]

No, that role is currently occupied by Omar Pouso. However should Pouso be transferred then a vacancy would arise.
  • Options
    No, Pouso was the new Bagheri, ZZ is the new Pouso..

;)

Aren't we supposed to be in for that winger again on loan who couldnt get a permit?
  • Options
    Bolanos
  • Options
    alright, there's no need to be like that...
  • Options
    Contrary to everyone cynicism I can actually confirm that ZZ might actually turn out to be a very, very useful player for us. I actually saw him play down in Sydney for the Chinese U-23 side against the Aussie Olympic side and he stood head and shoulders above the rest of them.
    I remember it was him because he was skipper and the commentators were making a big thing about the ZZ name thing.
    He is very fit and runs, tackles and harries all day long, very much in the Parker-esque mould.
    From what I have seen of the Chinese players here in the A-League, I can say they are definitely the best foreign signings over there, they are very fit, aggressive and physically strong enough to compete with the locals in what is kind of Div 2 standard in England.
    I would be very surprised if he is enother Bagheri, you don't get to captain China if you are a mug.
  • Options
    Good overview Ormiston Addick,Am waiting with anticipation, have seen similar players in the j-league(japan)great atmosphere anyway,have seen Alex play and he has the same attitude and desire, I'm sure ZZ will give it his best shot if only to move on and succed,DESIRE AND PASSION & HUNGER he will have.
  • Options
    Although i'm pretty sure China aren't as good as South Korea or Japan, there must be thousands and thousands of players in China so for him to be their captain, he must be fairly decent and he's quite young as well. I'm full of optimism at the moment until he has a mare, scores an own goal and gets sent off on his debut.
  • Options
    I think the only reason he has not been put in is he is not one of Pardews signings. He probably wants to give him a good looking over in training & reserves before putting him in first team. I think he will turn out to be a good Loan signing as he'll not be here just to collect a wage but to prove something to the people of this country that he is good enough for this level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm full of optimism at the moment until he has a mare, scores an own goal and gets sent off on his debut.

sounds abit like woodgate!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Good overview Ormiston Addick,Am waiting with anticipation, have seen similar players in the j-league(japan)great atmosphere anyway,have seen Alex play and he has the same attitude and desire, I'm sure ZZ will give it his best shot if only to move on and succed,DESIRE AND PASSION & HUNGER he will have.

....errrr....SKILL might be useful too otherwise I could have signed up with those criteria - although a nice large donna kebeb would satisfy my hunger at the moment ;o)
  • Options
    Just to clarify, yes, South Korea and Japan are probably better teams on the international stage but this is probably because they have better organised domestic leagues to feed their international teams.
    However, China produce some very, very fine players and I would be amazed if they were not regulars in the World Cup over the next 10 years.
    After all, if you get to the top in a country of 1.2 billion then you must be doing something right!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]and harries all day long....

That'll get the girls interested!!
  • Options
    [quote]if you get to the top in a country of 1.2 billion then you must be doing something right![/quote]

I don't think China is a land of opportunity, yet..
  • Options
    Razil, mate, I go to China a couple of times per year for work and Shanghai, Beijing and Guanzhou are as rabidly capitalist as NY or London any day of the week!!!! The amount of top of the range cars and classy chicks in designer clothes make your jax hit the ground when you were expecting to see a bunch of Mao Tse Tung's driving rickshaws. China is communist in name only these days.
  • Options
    I understood it was in zones still though, if you take my point..? Don't know if that applies to football or not though. Plus do we know what their football playing population is, then there is the standard of coaching, so all number of factors apply - don't they?
  • Options
    Yeah, don't know an awful lot about their domestic football scene either to be honest. We are actually about to have the inaugural Asian Champions League down here with two teams from each major country competing in the same format as the ECL so that will give us some idea of how good the Chinese are compared to the Koreans and Japanese.
    What I do know is that football is now the number one sport in China by an absolute mile and they all go gangbusters over there over the Prem.
    I was in a bar in Shanghai a couple of years back watching a replay of the Charlton - Norwich (4-0) game at The Valley, what a strange situation that was seeing as how we could hardly even get on UK TV 15 years ago!!!
  • Options
    At least we know he can track back and tackle. Bang goes your fitness solidgone, large donna kebab, shame on you.Not much skill factor in eating a kebab!