Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eurovison 2010

edited May 2010 in Not Sports Related
This weekend see the annual chunder fest that is Eurovision, can I just use my expert knowledge to point you towards having a flutter on the Dutch to win....I thank you

Comments

• "Kuunkuiskaajat"
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: SparrowsLane[/cite]"Kuunkuiskaajat"[/quote]

Thats easy for you to say.....

200/1 is a damn good price
  • [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SparrowsLane[/cite]"Kuunkuiskaajat"

200/1 is a damn good price

Don't know where you've plucked that one from but the Dutch are 230 on Betfair to win their Semi Final, 500 to win it outright and 46 to finish inthe top 10!
  • No idea personally but was reading the bookies big 2 liabilities are Azerbaijan and Armenia.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: SparrowsLane[/cite]"Kuunkuiskaajat"[/quote]

200/1 is a damn good price[/quote]

Don't know where you've plucked that one from but the Dutch are 230 on Betfair to win their Semi Final, 500 to win it outright and 46 to finish inthe top 10![/quote]

500/1 to win outright, I am having a tenner on that!
  • [cite]Posted By: GRAY9[/cite]No idea personally but was reading the bookies big 2 liabilities are Azerbaijan and Armenia.

Is Tony Adams reperesenting Azerbaijan? And is it his mate, Merson, who has backed them off the boards?
  • Even poor old Josh is doubting his initial wisdom of ever applying to be part of this trashfest.

Josh Dubovie Official Number 269 on iTunes with 'That Sounds Good To Me'. At the moment that does not sound good to me, hehe!!

His own words...poor sod.
  • Lithuania are worth a punt at 500-1 as well.

New voting system this year, so some of the odds could be well wide of the mark.
  • Mark my words, the Dutch song is extremely catchy, crap but catchy, and for those of a certain age it is written by the guy who was Father Abraham who had hits with The Smurfs in the late 70s.....
  • Pete and I used to do the eurovision special on Millennium FM, trust me he knows his stuff!

For me it's the Dutch or Icelandic entry. Big girl, wonder if she has any Maltese relations?

We may get a few sympathy votes!
  • Sponsored links:

• Lots of violins in evidence this year I note, especially after last years winner featured the violin...

Sadly we have no chance, our song sucks in a huge way, and we are the Millwall of Europe........ have been for years.
  • If you are watching the contest at the weekend, can I recommend playing the Eurovision Drinking Game, trust me when I say, it is impossible to stay sober whislt playing it, I will dig it out and post it here later.
  • Oi, I started the Millwall of Europe malarky! I have copyright!
  • After years of submitting songs for Eurovision myself and Mrs Windscreen had to call it a day when the BBC decided it would choose the song. Although we thought the UK song was pants, we still wanted the UK to do well so addressing the concerns of many we rewrote the song and offered the new arrangement to Messrs Stock & Waterman. Needless to say they didnt want it, but...currently our version has had more downloads than the official one on itunes...ok, our one is free, but nonetheless we feel pretty good about that.

http://rebekaswift.co.uk/euro.mp3 Cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear, but you can clean the sty out .
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Oi, I started the Millwall of Europe malarky! I have copyright![/quote]

Its true you did! But was it you that had to spend an evening in a certan pub in Greenwich hosting there Eurovision Party Night? no it was me......

As for a UK entry, this was something on our days at Millenium that we discussed with 3blokes, the idea was he would write a suitable ditty and we would sweep the world before us! shame it never happend, we had plans for the Colonel dressed as a horse....
  • I don't tend to bet, but after the noises on this thread I'm tempted to put a quid on Holland!

Or maybe a few quid on them to make the top 10
  • [cite]Posted By: Mister Windscreen[/cite]After years of submitting songs for Eurovision myself and Mrs Windscreen had to call it a day when the BBC decided it would choose the song. Although we thought the UK song was pants, we still wanted the UK to do well so addressing the concerns of many we rewrote the song and offered the new arrangement to Messrs Stock & Waterman. Needless to say they didnt want it, but...currently our version has had more downloads than the official one on itunes...ok, our one is free, but nonetheless we feel pretty good about that.

http://rebekaswift.co.uk/euro.mp3Cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear, but you can clean the sty out .
    I like the one of her singing 'knees up mother brown' outside the karsi....

That would easy get a few votes...
  • Would be a brill video too...toilet brush in each hand etc, etc...its the way to go I tell ya!
  • Has anyone got a clue just exactly how it is being organised...?

I googled it and I got 2 semi-finals and a final...

What's going on...?
  • I think a select few (maybe 6) including the UK are already in the final and the rest fight it out for the other places.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]I think a select few (maybe 6) including the UK are already in the final and the rest fight it out for the other places.

Basically those countries whose phone votes are essential to Eurovision's survival get in automatically
  • Spot on Sussex.
  • Belgium and Turkey are worth a look at 30s. Serbia for a long shot at 100s

The above are only really worth a look for each way. Of the three of them, I'd suggest Belgium for the best chance.

Azerbaijan the favourites. A friend tells me Israel have a good chance, but I don't know.
  • Apparently the first semi final was held last night....

The second semi final is tommorow with the final on Saturday...

Eurovision 2010, the details from Wiki...
  • We had one semi final on TV last night and can look forward to the second semi final on Thursday night.As for the Dutch entry you have more chance of being struck by lightening twice than the Dutch being in the final.eastern europe rules this eurovision.Think i will join Terry and give it a miss again this year,
  • If you are struck by lightning your body resistence changes, making you more likely to be struck again...world record is nine times I believe.
  • Norway won last year, so they dont appear to be eastern european, and the voting has changed alllegedly.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Mister Windscreen[/cite]After years of submitting songs for Eurovision myself and Mrs Windscreen had to call it a day when the BBC decided it would choose the song. Although we thought the UK song was pants, we still wanted the UK to do well so addressing the concerns of many we rewrote the song and offered the new arrangement to Messrs Stock & Waterman. Needless to say they didnt want it, but...currently our version has had more downloads than the official one on itunes...ok, our one is free, but nonetheless we feel pretty good about that.

[url]http://rebekaswift.co.uk/euro.mp3[/url]Cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear, but you can clean the sty out .[/quote]

Sounds a bit dated to me, sorry.
  • Yes very dated....thats why we couldnt do much with it.
  • Have you written a World Cup song yet...?