Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Mascots...

Rubbish or a complete load of shite...?
wenlock_and_mandev_1640094c.jpg

Comments

• They look silly, but then they're only there for the kids. Probably have been market tested and designed and re-designed, so whatever the people in charge think.

I don't think they're the worst commercial thing about the Olympics so far. I don't like the logo at all
  • what actually is it?
  • TBH I think they're a little bit... dare I say it... creepy.

That sodding great eye in the middle of their head is very Orwellian - for some reason they also remind me of War Of The Worlds, which I watched the other night for the first time - very pleasantly surprised by it not being shit (apart from the ending)
  • Hmmmm

A one eyed monster

Somebody has made a mint out of it and must be laughing the balls off.
  • What is it meant to be?! How can you have a mascot that doesn't have a big smile?

The black and white War Of The World's which they used to show on BBC 2 in the 1990s was a great film, shame about the ending though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Hmmmm

A one eyed monster

Somebody has made a mint out of it and must be laughing the balls off.

LOL.

So the two bob logo and now this. I wouldnt be suprised if they started the 100m with a confetti popper.
  • Eye eye, stupid but not for us for the under 12's I can honestly say when it comes to the opening ceremony when the brazilan female beach volley ball team and the swedish female hockey team walk I know what I will be looking at...
  • Looking at the picture above, they look a bit rubbish. But I saw the animated versions on BBC News this morning and thought they looked good.
  • to be fair, people would moan about WHATEVER they had come up with !
  • Sponsored links:

• Pair of one-eyed monsters.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Eye eye, stupid but not for us for the under 12's I can honestly say when it comes to the opening ceremony when the brazilan female beach volley ball team and the swedish female hockey team walk I know what I will be looking at...
    What about the Eastern European shoot putters? Pwoar!!
  • I think 80s band The Residents might have cause for complaint.
  • So our olympic mascots are walking tampons... great.
  • [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]t

eh? Have you ever seen a tampon?

they are for kids and if the kids like them then they are a winner. So let the kids decide.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]t

eh? Have you ever seen a tampon?

they are for kids and if the kids like them then they are a winner. So let the kids decide.

Yes i have...
    and I am a kid ;)
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]customize1.jpg

Looking att that, they do look a lot better
  • The first 4 i get....Whats the one on the right supposed to be??
  • Wenlock looks like a giant penis in my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]The first 4 i get....Whats the one on the right supposed to be??

One-eyed lesbian?
  • I'm still not over the 2012 logo of Lisa Simpson giving head!!
  • [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]I'm still not over the 2012 logo of Lisa Simpson giving head!!

obviously missed that bit.

And the mascots do look alot better with clothes on
  • They scare me.
  • I assume the big eye represents the big brother society we now live in?
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]I assume the big eye represents the big brother society we now live in?

or severe lack of vision
  • Typical politically correct nonsense that says nothing about England 'cause we're too scared of upsetting the lentil-eaters to wave the flag. If I was in charge of the Olympic mascot it would be a big F-off bulldog with huge balls and a Union Jack T-shirt holding a bag of chips and raping a poodle in a beret with a string of onions round its neck. Sorted. Next.
  • [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Typical politically correct nonsense that says nothing about England 'cause we're too scared of upsetting the lentil-eaters to wave the flag. If I was in charge of the Olympic mascot it would be a big F-off bulldog with huge balls and a Union Jack T-shirt holding a bag of chips and raping a poodle in a beret with a string of onions round its neck. Sorted. Next.

Unfortunatley this country was spayed years ago.
  • It should have been an upper class man with wild blond hair wearing an ill-fitting suit with open jacket and off centre tie furiously waving a union jack.
  • [cite]Posted By: floydandharvey[/cite]Typical politically correct nonsense that says nothing about England 'cause we're too scared of upsetting the lentil-eaters to wave the flag. If I was in charge of the Olympic mascot it would be a big F-off bulldog with huge balls and a Union Jack T-shirt holding a bag of chips and raping a poodle in a beret with a string of onions round its neck. Sorted. Next.

Get this man a job on the olympic committee!