Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Report from Chelski

Will not be very eloquent as a few beers have been sunk- We played very well today- not checked the other reports yet but concerned that Reid and Traore hobbled off- but we really gelled and had Chelsea (and more obviously to me, as i was amongst them, the Chelsea fans) really rattled- don't get me wrong, they didn't have their best day, but that was because we didn't let them- Dowie did a great job today- our players were really up for it- Romm was an inspired substitution- held the ball out of our half well- Reid played some lovely balls through- Even the most biased Chelsea fan admitted the chelsea player dived for their pen and that Carson made a great save!

I was really nervous for today but came out confident for the rest of the season..! :-)

Comments

• Options
    Just watched on FootballFirst. Diawara did well but must ditch the gloves. Romm did very well but needs a bit more conviction at what he does. I wish he'd run into the box and take on people as we'd get some pens. Considering Luke ended up at left-back, Faye centre-half and Kish right back, with a midfield three of Ambrose,Hughes and Romm we did very well. Worried about the hammies to Diawara and Reid though, ID blames it on them not having a pre-season with us. Traore's may well be a bit more serious. Though Kish was awful when he came on, ok out of position, but he didn't look bothered to me. Thought Faye on the other hand was outstanding. As one of his critics I must say though that for me Talal El Karkouri was absolutely outstanding. Perhaps he and Diawara can form the sort of partnership we need. Need to ditch Hughes for Pouso though although Hughes was better than Kish. Carson outstanding again. JFH, good goal, but neither he or Bent had much other service. However, given all the circumstances, a more than creditable performance and one of which we can be proud. If you went then we could here you, esp VFR near the end.
  • Options
    We played well and with character against a better Chelsea team who played some great stuff in the first half and should have scored a couple more. Praise to Dowie for going 433 when Romm came on even if it was a forced change. Romm made the goal and set up Bent D for the header that should have been on target. Faye, Traore, Diaware TEK all strong. Not news on the injuries but hope they are back soon. Great finish from JFH and another 90 mins

I didn't think Kish had his best game but out of position and in a make shift defence he certainly tried and backed Romm up well. Reid and others were trying to pass the ball long all the time in 1st half and corners and free kicks were often poor -never cleared the first man or straight to the keeper.

Carson did well with everything he did and another penatly save. Chelsea fans were whistling for the ref to end the match which is a compliment to how well we played and continued to pressure them.

Strange decision not to bring on marcus as soon as Diaware went off as it left us with 10 men for the corner they scored from.

If we play that way will beat a lot of lesser teams.
  • Options
    may i be one of the first to congratulate the boys on a magnificent result on saturday.
    a 2-2 draw against the multi-millionaire champions in their own backyard is a tremendous effort.
    i am sure mr mourinho will be honorable enough to conceed, as he has often done previously that referees decisions can be wrong, so therefore charlton scored 2 goals and the match should be recognised and recorded as a draw.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]may i be one of the first to congratulate the boys on a magnificent result on saturday.
    a 2-2 draw against the multi-millionaire champions in their own backyard is a tremendous effort.
    i am sure mr mourinho will be honorable enough to conceed, as he has often done previously that referees decisions can be wrong, so therefore charlton scored 2 goals and the match should be recognised and recorded as a draw.

Maybe we should record it on the website as such ;-)
  • Options
    First half was themostfrustrated i'd been so far this season. Our retention of the vball was diabolical andweseemed tobe playing at half pace. Firsttime in their third - 12 mins. First attempt - 30 mins.

2nd half came out of nowhere however. Exactly what i wanted to see, some character shown there and we were very unlucky tocome away with nothing.

Only 2 minuses for me. I hate to join a bandwagon, but Hughes can't cut it, and Ek Kak remains a liability at centre half