Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Waghorn

Feel really sorry for the lad tonight - was clearly distraught and inconsolable after missing the crucial Leicester penalty.

And it's not even his "home" club either. We might not always think it, but most footballers really do "care" - even some of those on loan.

Good job he's got someone like Sir Chris on hand to say a few words to him and try to lift him back up again.

Comments

• Options
    How unlucky was that, he couldnt have hit it any better, a great save by the keeper. Feel really sorry for him, you could see when he was on loan with us that he really cared. like you said Sir Chris will look after him so hopefully he will be back on his feet soon.
  • Options
    His manager made a point of coming over, embracing and consoling him.

Worthington is a fat and ugly looking bruiser, but showed true compassion and understanding towards a young player.
    Nice touch.
  • Options
    It's the idiot who took their penalty before that they should all blame. What was he thinking?!
  • Options
    Was that Chrissie Powell wearing the beaney in the dugout?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Was that Chrissie Powell wearing the beaney in the dugout?

Certainly was! He's a coach there now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]It's the idiot who took their penalty before that they should all blame. What was he thinking?!

bit harsh. not the first person to try the dink in a penalty shootout. keeper was WELL off his line too - should've been retaken shouldn't it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]It's the idiot who took their penalty before that they should all blame. What was he thinking?!

Waghorn's penalty wasn't too bad, goalie just picked the correct side.

You're right about the penalty before him. Czechoslovakia won the European Championships in sudden death penalties with a penalty like that . It's great when they go in, but you should probably only do them when you're taking penalties second.
  • Options
    Waghorn has had a good season at Leicester. May prove to be a very good forward. Maybe will go on loan to the Champ again next season as still only young.
  • Options
    i really felt sorry for him i rated him when he was with us

poor poor lad
  • Options
    he was inconsolable last night , good to see sir chris but painful to see a load of happy taffys ... good luck blackpool

mark hudson cardiff skipper , another one our magnificent management set up seem to get the worse out of
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    proper numpty
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]he was inconsolable last night , good to see sir chris but painful to see a load of happy taffys ... good luck blackpool

mark hudson cardiff skipper , another one our magnificent management set up seem to get the worse out of

We get money if Cardiff go up, thanks to Hudson's sale. Taffies all the way for me. Sorry Leeds, Swansea and Blackpool.
  • Options
    Blackpool for me.
  • Options

Loved the way he was itching to get back in that changing room at the end. ;-)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Imagine if it had been Mooney.

Sh** it still might be, just realised..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Blackpool for me.

Blackpool for me, too ....... you need the underdog to succeed sometimes.

Like we did at Wembley in 98.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]Imagine if it had been Mooney.

Sh** it still might be, just realised..

LOLOLOLOL
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I hope if we need penalties none of our players try one anything like the one that other player that missed did.
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]mark hudson cardiff skipper , another one our magnificent management set up seem to get the worse out of
    He was captain right after he signed like he was here, doesn't mean he's played that well for them. Probably done well enough but I'd be surprised if their fans think he was worth the £1m+ they paid for him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]he was inconsolable last night , good to see sir chris but painful to see a load of happy taffys ... good luck blackpool

You're kidding right ?

Hudson is absolute cack. The first goal he lost the guy he was marking, who scored.
    Then he scored an own goal.
    Best £1M we ever made when we sold him. He's worth about £200K.
    Without Hudson they would have topped 100 points :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Was that Chrissie Powell wearing the beaney in the dugout?

Certainly was! He's a coach there now.

....and the bloke with the shaved head wearing an overcoat and club tie stood behind him during the penalties was Gordon Watson. Think he is a scout for Leicester as he has been at the Valley a few times this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And Gerry Taggart was there.
  • Options
    The guy that missed the 4th penalty is complete numpty. If i was one of his team mates id be fuming. Not the time to start taking the piss. place it or smash it. Too cocky. The failure of that type of penalty far outweighs the success if it comes off, at least if you miss a blasted penalty its likely to be a good save....or your Jaap Stam and its still orbiting the earth.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GNelson[/cite]

bit harsh. not the first person to try the dink in a penalty shootout. keeper was WELL off his line too - should've been retaken shouldn't it?

It should definitely have been retaken! The keeper was almost outside the six yard box! There's only man who can take penalties like that - Di Canio.
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iad3gV-9C1U

A Song For Yann Kermorgant
  • Options
    Beautifully done, great lyrics.
  • Options
    I thought that the way Mark Kennedy went to console Waghorn was really top class.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]I thought that the way Mark Kennedy went to console Waghorn was really top class.

Agreed, was saying the exact same thing to someone last night. Used to think he was a right little **** back in the day, but he's obviously matured a lot now and came across as a good pro. Credit where it's due.