Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Goals youve missed when at the match.......

2»

Comments

• Andy Gray at Doncaster in 2008. Jonathan Johansson v Spurs I was in the loo. Both the only goals in the game
  • iainment said:

I missed a whole match.
    The day England won the rugby world cup we played Leicester away. I saw the rugby in a pub by Euston Station so had been drinking from 6am there and then on the train and then in a pub before the game. Got in sat down and couldn' remember anything after that.

I watched the rugby in the same pub as you and I must admit 3pm onwards is a bit of a blur.
    That was a great morning.
  • Have missed countless.

The 2-0 Bolton away was a classic. I went for a coffee and a piddle, in that time Andy Hunt managed to score both goals!
  • edited November 2018

Have missed countless.

The 2-0 Bolton away was a classic. I went for a coffee and a piddle, in that time Andy Hunt managed to score both goals!

I think Pringle may have scored one of them if you mean the game in 2000?
  • Have missed countless.

I think Pringle may have scored one of them if you mean the game in 2000?
    Yeah, that's the one.
  • I've missed loads, I'm glad I've seen some memorable ones though

Kermorgants volley against Hartlepool had to be seen in the flesh to be believed. It doesn't look anywhere near as good on tele

I nearly missed N'Guessans rocket to beat the traffic

Sprinted back upstairs just in time for El Kakouris free kick against Blackburn in that doomed season

Wished I hadn't been there for Van Persies shinner the same season

Same for David Thompson scoring a pearler against us for Blackburn in the league cup

missed the second goal when we beat the European champions Liverpool 2 nil as was getting a beer for me and my non Charlton supporting mate which pissed me off
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

I missed a whole match.
    The day England won the rugby world cup we played Leicester away. I saw the rugby in a pub by Euston Station so had been drinking from 6am there and then on the train and then in a pub before the game. Got in sat down and couldn' remember anything after that.

I watched the rugby in the same pub as you and I must admit 3pm onwards is a bit of a blur.
    It certainly was.
    The problem for me was that I had to leave the pub 5 minutes from the end to catch our train therefore missing wilkinsons winning kick.
    Fortunately someone had it on their phone and we all went mental just as the train was leaving.
  • Missed every goal at Blackpool in 72.
    It was hard to see from Blackpool Nick.

No possibility of parole?

• Usually miss anything after 86 minutes especially at home games...as I usually have to get home to go to work at 7pm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Someone must’ve been in the loo or at the bar for at least one of the goals against Sunderland at Wembley?
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

I missed a whole match.

It certainly was.
    The problem for me was that I had to leave the pub 5 minutes from the end to catch our train therefore missing wilkinsons winning kick.
    Fortunately someone had it on their phone and we all went mental just as the train was leaving.
    I took a later train. I remember the horrified look on the other passengers as we all got on. We were obviously pissed, with our carrier bags of Stella. They were actually afraid until we managed to show just how incapicated we were! Then it was lovely.
  • Once randomly went to Forest v Arsenal. Decided very late to go and didn't get there till about the 70th minute. Forest were 2-0 up when we got there, but we saw three goals as it ended 3-2 to Forest.
    Don't think I've ever missed a goal in a Charlton match.
  • Not live but in pub for the England Greece World Cup qualifier in 2001 ( the Beckham free kick game)
    Needed a shit so went to bogs and missed our equaliser as I walked in. Rushed back out out to see the replay then went back into toilets.
    Came out of the bogs to find out that Greece has scored a second.
    As the game neared the end, I decided to light a lucky cigarette when we won the free kick. Unfortunately I dropped my lighter and as I bent down to pick it up, Beckham fires the free kick home and sends Sven’s heroes to Korea/Japan. So
    Managed to miss three of the four goals overall.
  • iainment said:

I missed a whole match.

was on holiday in Wales & drove from Barmouth to the game that morning......pissed off that I missed extra time in the rugby but heard the winning drop goal on the radio just as I was passing through Welshpool.
  • Someone must’ve been in the loo or at the bar for at least one of the goals against Sunderland at Wembley?

Sure someone on here got chucked out at 1-0 for nutting a Mackem in our end. At least I think I’ve read that before.
  • Went to Watford and had to walk around the allotments to the away end. Just as we got there a big cheer goes up, Iwan Roberts scored for Watford, then in two minds about going in.

We did and lost 2-1, Paul Gorman scored for us.
  • Taking a pee after several beers or lining up to get a refill at half time seems to be the main reason why so many miss goals. The answer to the problem is not rocket science of course and just proves you can't have your cake and eat it.
  • edited November 2018
    I missed Sunderland’s first goal in the play-off final
  • LouisMend said:

I missed Sunderland’s first goal in the play-off final, as I was busy filling out my palace season ticket application form

;)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2018

Leaburn chipping Peter Shilton from outside the box at the old baseball ground. I went for a pee, heard the roar and on leaving the toilet ask a steward what had happened. He said the lanky black forward had chipped Shilton, I told him to fook off and stop taking the piss.

I never tire of telling this one @guinnessaddick...I told Carl himself a few months back and he loved it!! :smiley:
  • iainment said:

I missed a whole match.

LOL...I went to Cyprus a few years back for a Republic of Ireland game. A group of gents, all must have been mid/late 50s, walked in with one of their mates being carried in. They sat him against the wall at the back of the stand, watched the game and picked him up again afterwards and took him out. I'm assuming he was alive!! :wink:
  • mascot88 said:

You know what I mean......

Your in the cue the second half kicks off some doppy sod takes and eternity to order his coffee.........

I missed David Whytes second against Bristol City, I think, at Sellout with my school first eleven, funily enough organised by a much younger Steve Sutherland, via my Dad....... I covered some poor sod in coffee as I legged it up the stairs after I heard the roar, well it was hardly a roar back then....

The other one was Colin Walsh' s long range screamer in a two-nil I think it was pot vale at Upton Park..... In the loo!!

V Brighton,but Walsh long range top corner ball bouched out on the Mark Beeney's head , was it?
  • Not to sure if this counts, but I remember missing Jason Euell's first return goal for us in 2011. He scored in the 90th minute against Carlisle in the FA Cup, and I had decided to leave the match early. I was furious with myself for missing it. I've learned my lesson and never left a game early since, even when we have been getting trounced.
  • I remember driving to Selhurst Park one time with Ken from Bexley. dropped him off and went to park the car, couldn't find a fucking parking space for miles, was about 20 yards from the ground when the first goal went in!
  • Melrose 8 seconds at Upton Park. I was on the stairs in the South Bank just getting in.
  • I've been to the toolbox for all of the recent games there (except when Diarra put us ahead and we lost 2-1).

Was in the bar for Ajose's goal for us in the most recent one so I haven't even seen us score there in 4 games.

I missed the two in a minute up at Blackpool while having one wee a couple of years ago.
    Also missed all 5 at Blackpool in 72 due to helping plod with his enquiries.
    So two games 13 goals only saw 6.