Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stephen Hunt

edited May 2010 in Rumours
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11684_6134536,00.html?

Two rumours in a day, most we'll probably get in one day all summer.

Stephen Hunt, not that one, the Notts County defender.

Left back apparently. Do hope we can get Youga fit and playing like he was. You'd think we'd look to keep Basey as well, whatever league we're in. Maybe nothing in it, probably just a player we've looked at.

Anyone even heard of him before? Looks like he came through at Southampton.

Comments

• Would rather have that other Notts County left back, Jonnie Jackson tbh. If we're looking at left backs, I'm guessing Youga is a goner then......
  • [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]I'm guessing Youga is a goner then......

Just a rumour so far.

Let's wait and see if he's fit and what division we are in.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]I'm guessing Youga is a goner then......

Just a rumour so far.

Let's wait and see if he's fit and what division we are in.

words of wisdom from henry, good point ;o)
  • edited May 2010
    got a feeling that youga going regardless of what division we're in. think basey might get a one year deal just because it would be unfair to release him after an injury ended to his chance of a winning a new contract.

as for what players we might get in, it's useless to speculate until we know what league we are going to be in. if we don't get promoted then it's more freebies, rejects and loans. if we are promoted then we might have a few quid to spend and might attract a better class of freebies, rejects and loans.
  • was youga at the presentation evening?
  • Pretty sure Youga's got another year on his contract, and after his injury problems I can't imagine there would be many clubs seriously looking at him.

Parky probably has players in mind he'd only sign if we go up, and others we'd only look at if we stay down.
  • I can't see too many clubs wanting to sign Youga, he hasn't played since November!
  • [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite] if we don't get promoted then it's more freebies, rejects and loans. if we are promoted then we might have a few quid to spend and might attract a better class of freebies, rejects and loans.

Right on, brother, tell it like it is.
  • Jay McEveley is being released by Derby at the end of the season, would be a good signing.
  • ...doesn't play up front!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• If left back is a position the club are interested in strengthening, would rather keep Borrowdale. Been very impressed and would be good to keep.

If not McEvily would also be worth having a look at, regardless of what division we are in.
  • He is a left footed CB that can be used as a LB.
  • if that is the case then could be worth looking at. We will certainly need another CB or two and if he can play LB that may mean we don't need to buy one. Obviously dependent on Basey/Youga's fitness
  • [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]was youga at the presentation evening?
    Nope, was back in France. Read into that what you will.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]was youga at the presentation evening?

He's injured and stayed home?
  • Youga's been having medical treatment in France, I'm pretty sure the OS said recently.
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]was youga at the presentation evening?

He's injured and stayed home?
    I don't know, I guess he's probably having treatment as Oggy says or has been granted leave to return home as he's injured
  • Parlinson also flatly denied media reports this week linking him with summer moves for Sheffield Wednesday striker Leon Clarke and Notts County defender Stephen Hunt.
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/football/charlton/8151205.Parky_keeps_open_mind_on_Dickson_for_play_offs/?