Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bluetooth/Vodaphone/Nokia/Peugeot/Sony Ericsson

Just spent the best part of two days trying to sort out with five different organisations why various phones that Vodaphone supply me with don't 'pair' (are not compatable), with a purpose built Peugeot Bluetooth unit in a new works van.
Got to the point now where Vodaphone refuse to change the phone again for yet another make or model!
Absolute bloody nightmare....and as for talking to various call centers in India for hours on end ....well what a nightmare.......................................................................... and I 'still' don't have the answer!

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Just spent the best part of two days trying to sort out with five different organisations why various phones that Vodaphone supply me with don't 'pair' (are not compatable), with a purpose built Peugeot Bluetooth unit in a new works van.
    Got to the point now where Vodaphone refuse to change the phone again for yet another make or model!
    Absolute bloody nightmare....and as for talking to various call centers in India for hours on end ....well what a nightmare.......................................................................... and I 'still' don't have the answer!

Wow this is a coincidence, I had never heard of this problem until yesterday, one of my salesmen has ordered a new Audi, he confirmed it had bluetooth before signing on the dotted line, it did, so the deal was done.

It now turns out that our company mobile phones via Vodaphone are not compatible with the updated version of bluetooth that Audi are using so he cannot use the phone hands free.

We have contacted Audi asking them to explain why they did not inform us that the version of bluetooth they are using is not compatible and thier reply was.........................its not their responsibilty.
  • Had a Peugot hire car yesterday (10 reg), Bluetooth worked with my iPhone and my mate's Sony Ericsson.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Just spent the best part of two days trying to sort out with five different organisations why various phones that Vodaphone supply me with don't 'pair' (are not compatable), with a purpose built Peugeot Bluetooth unit in a new works van.

Did you get "free ringdings when you pay nothing for the first 3 months then 186 for the fourth month and increasings for the res of the contractings" as the PhoneJacker would say
  • edited April 2010
    Dazzler it was just an upgrade....my previous Motorola Razor worked fine.....wish I hadn't bothered now.
    Let this be a warning to any of you...make sure the Bluetooth kit is compatible with your phone, you'd think it would be wouldn't you, why would you think otherwise...but oh no that's not it's neccessarily the case and might leave you with a real nightmare on your hands.
    If you buy a car/van with Bluetooth installed tell the salesperson (and get it in writing )that if your current mobile is not compatable then they must supply you with a phone of similar value and quality that is.