Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nottingham - Detonate

Going down to Nottingham for Detonate on sunday night, gonna be getting into town early on for an all day sesh.

Any recommendations on decent boozers, apart from hooters, which is already firmly on the list, would be appreciated.

Also. anyone else going by any chance? Group of about 15 of us heading down, should be a massive night.

Comments

• Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem is a nice pub, I think. Worth it for the novelty value alone - built into a cave under the castle. But if the weather stays as it is, it'll be tough to get in there. Bell Inn near Market Square is nice enough, and The Approach on Friar Lane (along with a few others on that street) can be good for cheaper deals. Pitcher and Piano is a lovely bar in an old church building, but a bit pricey. I've heard good things about the Pit and Pendulum, a bit grotty, but good. There's another good bar across from the Castle, but I can't remember what it's called. There are a few good pubs round Parliament Street and in the Cornerhouse building area. Down near Hooters, I reckon your best bet is Trent Navigation, which is the best bar for Notts County fans.

Where are Detonate playing? Is it Rock City? That's in the north of the city centre, with Hooters in the south. I've never been to any of them, but I've been told there are better pubs than Hooters for that type of thing, some of them closer to Rock City, but I couldn't give you any advice on that
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Where are Detonate playing? Is it Rock City? That's in the north of the city centre, with Hooters in the south. I've never been to any of them, but I've been told there are better pubs than Hooters for that type of thing, some of them closer to Rock City, but I couldn't give you any advice on that

It's spread over Rock City / Stealth / Rescue Rooms and EQ I believe.

I'd hope all are close together.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Where are Detonate playing? Is it Rock City? That's in the north of the city centre, with Hooters in the south. I've never been to any of them, but I've been told there are better pubs than Hooters for that type of thing, some of them closer to Rock City, but I couldn't give you any advice on that

It's spread over Rock City / Stealth / Rescue Rooms and EQ I believe.

I'd hope all are close together.

Yeah, they're close together. Can't say much about any of them. After a long drunken argument with the bouncer there on my first night I've banned myself from Rock City, mostly out of shame.
  • Anyone else :>
  • If you're looking for a late drink, the Irish just off Castle Boulevard is usually open