Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pards back to East London?

edited April 2010 in Rumours
From the 'This Is Hampshire' website.

Alan Pardew linked with West Ham return in national media.

Wednesday 21st April 2010
ALAN Pardew has been linked with a shock return to West Ham.
Reports today claimed that the Saints boss would be a prime target for the Hammers should they fail to keep their place in the Premiership.

Doubts over the future of the London club’s current manager, Gianfranco Zola, increased following Monday’s 3-0 loss to Liverpool and his relationship with club owner David Sullivan has reportedly been strained for some time.

However, it is believed that FC Twente’s former England boss Steve McClaren would be Sullivan’s preferred choice.

Also in the running is former Hammers defender Slaven Bilic.

Comments

• I also read that if they go into the Championship, Sullivan is gonna offer the new boss £4,000 per week. That basically rules out McLaren & Bilic.
  • god thats got to be the most unlikeliest story surely?
  • The last time he was there he did a cracking job of getting us out of the championship.(sadly the wrong direction)
  • More likely leyton orient than the hammers, altho he only goes to clubs if he has a guarented 10m he can spunk on total rubbish, then leave but keep the door always open by telling of his love for that club and staff members he loves... how sweet. I hate him and all he stands for.
  • McLaren is about to win the Dutch title and play in next seasons CL, so i doubt he'd be in a rush to come back here to manage. Bilic would be a good option though but untried at this level.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]god thats got to be the most unlikeliest story surely?

Agree.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]McLaren is about to win the Dutch title and play in next seasons CL, so i doubt he'd be in a rush to come back here to manage. Bilic would be a good option though but untried at this level.

Done alright at international level instead though hasn't he?

Pardew versus Curbs, be interesting on who they'd rather have back there, Uncle where are you? Not that it'll happen of course...
  • Uncle would be a better manager of West Ham or Orient than Pardung.
  • WHU fans I know wouldn't want Pardew anywhere near Upton Park again and wish they had Curbs back there.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]WHU fans I know wouldn't want Pardew anywhere near Upton Park again and wish they had Curbs back there.[/quote]

People I know would not have either of them. They were never fair to Curbs and now blame him for the football they played to get themselves out of relegation and the money they spent on players that he brought in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Now Bilic is a manager id love to see at The Valley!
  • [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]Now Bilic is a manager id love to see at The Valley!

More chance of seeing Bilko ; )
  • Bilko will be fine
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]WHU fans I know wouldn't want Pardew anywhere near Upton Park again and wish they had Curbs back there.

People I know would not have either of them. They were never fair to Curbs and now blame him for the football they played to get themselves out of relegation and the money they spent on players that he brought in.

Effective football that kept them up. They'd kill for that now. The trouble is he made them think they were a lot better than they were/are. They were a bottom five side and he took them to mid-table.