Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Capt Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie.

Many of you will no doubt have seen the TV programme Deadliest Catch...one of my favourite characters from the series passed away a couple of months back from a stroke whilst at sea, Capt Phil Harris of the Cornelia Marie....I only heard about it today and I wonder if any of you who have watched the programme over the years knew this...sad, he was quite a character?

Comments

• Errr well................ I guess not then.
  • Im with you SoundAs, seemed to be a top bloke who was very proud of his sons who worked alongside him. RIP Capt Phil.

These guys are fearless working the bering sea - life expectancy with that level of stress and danger cant be very high.
  • Oh shit :(

I know he suffered alot, had a year out and then started again.

Both his Son's worked on the boat aswell, Sad times.

RIP
  • Read about this a couple of months ago. Have to say he looked an absolute wreck in the new episode shown last night. From what I gather Drs told him not to go back after the blood clot incident.

Was a very enjoyable series. Not sure on the new format, it has gone very soap opera. First one I have watched in HD last night though. Big difference.