Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dutch cup final

Ajax v Feyenoord.

Basically because it was felt there would be too much trouble at this game, for this season it has been decided to have it over 2 legs at each teams home ground with no away fans.

Can't see that ever happening here, unless perhaps Millwall got West Ham.

Comments

• The spineless authorities over here made a complete mess of it. First they only allowed a half full stadium with only 7,000 Ajax fans in a 50,000 seater ground and then after selling the tickets already, they made a U-turn under severe pressure of national government. We didn't have a cup tradition and we will never have one....
  • edited April 2010
    The problem is that the final is always at Feyenoord, but with them playing Ajax, and a permanent away fan ban in place for both clubs supporters at each others grounds it's caused a problem as Dutch says. So instead of playing over 2 legs, why not play at a neutral ground? But then who wants two sets of nutters in their town out to murder each other?

The English disease they used to call it...
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    The English disease they used to call it...

That's now chlamydia
  • edited April 2010
    It's still almost as bad as the 80's/90's in some European countries. I'm discounting the former Eastern bloc as obvious, considering they have nothing like the measures we now have in place... I mean Holland and Germany primarily, as well as France and Italy.

Holland for example has gone similarly big on CCTV, banning orders, very high sentences, travel bans and lock-downs but it's still crazy for big derbies/when two clubs with large hooligan groups play each other.

Living in Spain for last year was an eye-opener for me. Very little gets across to the UK about Spanish fans and all that does is normally a trickle about the Ultras Sur at Madrid but Ultra culture is massive over there.
  • Dutch Addick - are Den Haag still absolute nutters?
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Dutch Addick - are Den Haag still absolute nutters?

Yep they are. Problem over here is that we don't have a football law as in the UK, which means the Dutch FA issues banning orders, but then there is no law to actually enforce it. Another thing is that we don't have a neutral ground like Wembley, it is always at a club ground. And no other city wants to host a Ajax v Feyenoord match.

My experience in Germany is completely different however, I'v been to Schalke v Dortmund which is a massive derby, but groups of supporters are mixed up before and after the match without any problems. Belgium is bad, mainly because they still have a lot of old grounds.
  • I'm gobsmacked Feyenoord have got to a cup final seeing as the team they have now is utter crap!!

Been to Feyenoord v Ajax twice as well as going the De Kuip many times and this is by far the worst Feyenoord have played!

Feyenoord v Ajax is not for the faint hearted (Never seen so many water cannon and robo cops at a football match before!)
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Dutch Addick - are Den Haag still absolute nutters?

I can second what Dutch said - my barman is an ADO fan, and although he is not one of the nutters, he fully accepts that most of them are...
  • ADO are nutters who can pull maybe 2/300

Feyenoord and Ajax can pull over a 1000 and thats the difference when the big 2 play each other even though its very rare they come in contact with each other on match days1

Not unless they meet on the side of a motorway and have it in a field resulting in a death!!!
  • I'm happy when they crack each others skulls in a field near the motorway, at least there is no real damage and no innocent people are involved. But football is just an excuse to cause trouble, they also do it at big festivals. Crazy people....
  • Sponsored links:

• Holland and Belgium want to hold 2018 world cup but are unable to control fans at a dutch cup final.Trust fifa are watching the out come.
    Another point not given out,when away fans travel in Holland you must be amember of your travel club,this gives you aright to travel by bus-combi ie pick-up at your home ground only and dropped off in away section of away ground.
    You have noright of freedom what so every.
    And we are always told The english have aproblem.God help us.
  • [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]Holland and Belgium want to hold 2018 world cup but are unable to control fans at a dutch cup final.Trust fifa are watching the out come.

Turkey want Euro 2016, yes that's right the country that is 97% an Asian landmass and the home of some of the worst hooligans in Europe who don't think twice about weapons

The suits aren't bothered by "trivial" concerns
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Dutch Addick - are Den Haag still absolute nutters?

I can second what Dutch said - my barman is an ADO fan, and although he is not one of the nutters, he fully accepts that most of them are...

He's always seemed mad enough to me ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]Holland and Belgium want to hold 2018 world cup but are unable to control fans at a dutch cup final.Trust fifa are watching the out come.
    Another point not given out,when away fans travel in Holland you must be amember of your travel club,this gives you aright to travel by bus-combi ie pick-up at your home ground only and dropped off in away section of away ground.
    You have noright of freedom what so every.
    And we are always told The english have aproblem.God help us.

I agree that the FIFA can't be happy with all this, but on the other hand not every wold cup match is a Ajax v Feyenoord. Anyway, I don't want to host the world cup here because that will cost way too much money. England can have it.

Mind you, the bus-combi thing is only for certain risk matches, not for every away match. It's just a way of regulating away fans and limit the risk of trouble. In most cases not necessary, but Ajax v Feyenoord is literally the exception on the rule.
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]

He's always seemed mad enough to me ;-)

Oh he's a nutter alright D, just not one of those nutters...
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Dutch Addick - are Den Haag still absolute nutters?

Went to a Den Haag match several years ago against Heracles. Sat amongst the ADO hooligan element when a group of "normal fans" I had met on the train ride in took me into the home area (the stadium had a moat around it, separating the pitch and the stands).

Den Haag won to go top of the second division table at the midpoint of the season. On the tram back to the train station, the ADO supporters were singing "We are the champions" then started to smash all of the windows from inside the tram. It wasn't long before police were driving on both sides of the track.
    We stopped at a station and the police came on board wearing shields and brandishing night sticks. They pointed at me, and about 4-5 others, and told us to get off and take the next tram. We did.
    The doors closed and off that tram went. It must have been quite an end to that journey.

An open and entertaining match, too.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]Holland and Belgium want to hold 2018 world cup but are unable to control fans at a dutch cup final.Trust fifa are watching the out come.

Turkey want Euro 2016, yes that's right the country that is 97% an Asian landmass and the home of some of the worst hooligans in Europe who don't think twice about weapons

The suits aren't bothered by "trivial" concerns

The Asian landmass is irrelevant. Just like Israel or Russia, they're in UEFA and are as entitled to host the competition as Switzerland or England.

The hooligans is a major issue, though, so I'd prefer France to get it.

Holland and Belgium hosted Euro 2000. Was there much trouble at that? I don't remember
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]The Asian landmass is irrelevant. Just like Israel or Russia, they're in UEFA and are as entitled to host the competition as Switzerland or England.

The problem with that comparison is this... Istanbul is currently the only Turkish city with top division representation in "European" Turkey and even that is only half of it... only Besiktas and Galatasaray play on the European side (plus there is the white elephant Ataturk stadium)... that's three grounds. Therefore for the rest of the tournament, you'll be traipsing around an Asian country, to contest a European Championship.

On the other hand, Russia also has a significant Asian landmass yes, but it's "European" zone includes both Moscow and St Petersburg - that's five stadiums alone and if you purpose built another one in the Euro zone, say in Volgograd ... you could at a push conceivably have a "European" competition hosted by Russia. It's by no means ideal but if Turkey is in for a shout then we can't be far away from that sort of arrangement.

Israel is irrelevant as it will never have the footballing pedigree or facilities to host a European Championship.
  • If they can compete, they are entitled to host. They're in UEFA. It's a UEFA competition.

Hopefully the bid will be thrown out because of other factors, but geography is irrelevant.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2010
    They might be entitled to by their membership but unless someone is getting a juicy cut off the top or a nice little voting swing (which they probably will do just like Blatter now in SA), no delegate in their right mind can let either of those three countries, and a whole host of others host a major tournament. All I can say is if you think geography is irrelevant, you can't be an overseas follower of the national team then!
  • Works both ways. What about Turkish fans who want to support their team at the European Championships? There's no one else near them who can host it, unless Poland and Ukraine are close enough.

I'm not, and can only praise those who travel to places like Kazakhstan for the team, but for the European Championships, the exact location of the country isn't all that important. There are all sorts of infrastructure problems that would be a bigger issue than what landmass the country is on. If Turkey with its infrastructure and size was where Sweden is or where France is, I'd still say that it shouldn't host a major tournament. The way you're talking it wouldn't be as big an issue.

That said, Ukraine are going to be hosting it next time. Is that really going to be much easier to get to and around? Poland should be fine, but Ukraine?
  • You won't find me disagreeing with Ukraine hosting a tournament mate, especially after having been there last year. Great city Kiev for a little jaunt but the rest of the country is just vast and complete "outback" with exceedingly large accessibility problems. I think with some of the noises emanating from Platini and a very concerned-sounding UEFA, they are starting to realise that they have dropped a major major rickett there. Poor road/rail system exacerbated by its massive size and the huge distance between the big cities plus construction plans are going, let's just say "interestingly". I have a feeling after 2012 we won't be seeing one of the big Eastern countries hosting a tournament for a fair while, if the Ukraine even get to host it that is.
  • 2ND leg tonight in Rotterdam ,home fans only.No alcohol in Rotterdam from 2pm.As for the ground many empty seats and to make matters worse Ajax have killed the tie off by going 1-0 up in only the 4th minute.Kind of reminds me of Luton Town home fans only that was a joke still got in the ground.But THIS GAME IS BEING PLAYED WITH 100% FEYENOORD FANS ONLY.Needless to say the atmosphere is not much to write home about.Half time still 1-0 Ajax 3-0 over two legs.