Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glastonbury 2010

edited April 2010 in Not Sports Related
line up announced for this year

any other lifers going ?

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/

Comments

• Options
    I used to go every year and loved it. But i would rather spend the vast amount of money going somewhere hot, than taking my chances standing in a muddy clay field for five days. After 2007 where it rained non stop i don't want to experience that again. Maybe i'm getting old. How much are tickets this year?
  • Options
    Yeah I'm going, line up looks immense to me! Can't wait.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm going!
  • Options
    line up looks good but there's a bit too much on, never get round to seeing much of it! cant wait for the wurzels
  • Options
    S'all about Global for me.

Caaaaaaaaaaan't wait.
  • Options
    Its all getting abit Ghetto now. Jay Z was a good idea to raise the profile.....but Snoop Dogg?...leave it out.
  • Options
    why put the scissor sisters and pet shop boys on at the same time,its scandalous
  • Options
    Rather watch the World Cup myself.

June 25th Portugal v Brazil
    June 26th Last 16 - Winner of Group C ( England's Group) v Runner Up Group D probably Serbia but could be Germany.
    June 27th You'll be ok as no games
  • Options
    they usually show the football somewhere, think it was on in the cinema area last time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Its all getting abit Ghetto now. Jay Z was a good idea to raise the profile.....but Snoop Dogg?...leave it out.

Snoop Dog is a pile of... he was at a festival I went to last year and was cack.

Line up looks good tho I agree with ads there almost too much on although it's not a bad problem to have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its Bestival for me, far more fun to be had in a friendly atmosphere.
  • Options
    Always show footy somewhere at Glasto. Remember The Cure coming on stage late in 1990 as they were watching a game that went into extra time. Great line up again this time. Michael Eavis is a genius.
  • Options
    As an olden not the greatest lineup for me compared to recent years, was rather hoping fo a Stone Roses or Smiths reformation but I guess that will never happen/
  • Options
    Anyone really looking forward to seeing anybody in particular?
  • Options
    Most looking forward to seeing

Mos def
    two door cinema club
    the xx
    Delphic
    empire of the sun
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]the xx

Fantastic band. Lovin there album at the mo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]
    the xx

Heard Choice is a big fan of these
  • Options
    Yeah I'm looking forward to The XX and Two Door Cinema Club. I saw Delphic last year and they were really good so will probably try to see them again but they're also playing Reading which I'm going to so won't be a priority.
    Wouldn't mind catching Bombay Bicycle Club, Florance and the Machine and The Temper Trap. Really looking to forward to seeing Muse as I've always seemed to have been busy when they've been playing previously.
  • Options
    Really excited for next week now, hoping for sun. The forecast looks good but we all know how reliable the met office are! I'm absolutely buzzing that Gorillaz have replaced U2, pretty sure the reason Mos Def have been pushed down the bill is so they can perform with them too so should be amazing.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    YOU LOAD OF SOAP DODGING BASTAR** LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]YOU LOAD OF SOAP DODGING BASTAR** LOL

Never been a free spirit, Steve ..... ?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]YOU LOAD OF SOAP DODGING BASTAR** LOL

Never been a free spirit, Steve ..... ?

;o)

What do you think!!
  • Options
    What is it with muse.Not a big fan myself but have a huge live following. However i'm yet to meet anyone who actually admits to liking their music or owning their albums.
  • Options
    My girlfriend is obsessed with the over the top, hideous space rock that they produce. Got the albums, loves the music. I personally just do not get it at all. Little midget waste of space
  • Options
    Muse are excellent.
  • Options
    Muse were good at the beginning (Sunburn). Now they just sound so pretentious.
  • Options
    I've come to conclusion today that Glastonbury is for the elitist.I have watched the coverage on bbc 3 of bands I have never in my life heard of before being watched and their songs being sung by thousands of young kids approx 19-23.Well these are uni types.These bands IMHO opinion are on the uni circuit and are only knew by uni students,so what is the point.So have you got to be in the upper encholange of british society to know who these bands are ? I have 2 daughters of 11 and 13 are these not to enjoy Glastonbury unless they go to university. My 11 loves music, she sings and dances non stop if she went glastonbury she wouldn't have a scooby do what as going on. I like watching the spectacle but am becoming more and more perplexed by bands i have never heard of singing a load of old bollocks.At the end of the day music is about a melody, the words add to it,but if someone is singing meaningful words to a melody that wants you to cut your throat what is the point ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Muse were good at the beginning (Sunburn). Now they just sound so pretentious.
    Muse are unutterably fucking awesome.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I've come to conclusion today that Glastonbury is for the elitist.I have watched the coverage on bbc 3 of bands I have never in my life heard of before being watched and their songs being sung by thousands of young kids approx 19-23.Well these are uni types.These bands IMHO opinion are on the uni circuit and are only knew by uni students,so what is the point.So have you got to be in the upper encholange of british society to know who these bands are ? I have 2 daughters of 11 and 13 are these not to enjoy Glastonbury unless they go to university. My 11 loves music, she sings and dances non stop if she went glastonbury she wouldn't have a scooby do what as going on. I like watching the spectacle but am becoming more and more perplexed by bands i have never heard of singing a load of old bollocks.At the end of the day music is about a melody, the words add to it,but if someone is singing meaningful words to a melody that wants you to cut your throat what is the point ?
    That is shit. Utter shit. The acts on the Glastonbury bill are always, without fail, the most varied acts on any of the festivals. This year is no exception. Personally I don't like more than four or five of the acts this year, but that's not because they're 'elitist'. 'The Pet Shop Boys' for God's sake? U2 were due to play before the proselytising pillock ricked his back. Dizzee Rascal? Willie Nelson? The Stranglers? Scissor Sisters? Ray Davies? Norah Jones? George Clinton, Jerry Dammers? You could hardly call that 'student music' with a straight face.
  • Options
    ok what you said mate, i dont like this glastonbury clique that's me done, i'll leave this site know and await the please come back steve thread :-) by the way im 39 and never bloody heard of willie nelson (did he used to play centre half for arsenal sorry nope thats willie young),ray davies,george clinton ( is he bill's brother ) or Jerry Dammers so what ever age i am i've never been uni.How old are you Leroy ? Just one question did you go uni :-)