Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cash on your Oyster?

I heard yesterday that TfL have bought up the branding rights for Oyster and the system it uses. They are suggesting topping up cash on them and expanding the uses of it.

I think it's quite a good idea if they limited it to say 50 pound then people could get their paper/coffee etc. Will be especially handy in grabbing little bits and pieces as I don't particularly like carrying change.

As I understand it, if your Oyster get's stolen today you can get it cancelled pretty much immediately on the net or over the phone so it's no different to your bank card but will save the old chip and pin time.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Comments

• Options
    Same technology as the Barclaycard one.
  • Options
    Pretty much the same as Barclays - have you not seen the advert with the bloke going down the swimming flume, a buying stuff as he goes by?
  • Options
    Fair play I didn't realise there was already one on the market. Anybody got one? Are the card readers in widespread circulation?
  • Options
    They tend to have the card readers in places like Pret A Manger, Eat, Cafe Nero, etc. Not seen em anywhere else.
  • Options
    slowly eliminating cash...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]They tend to have the card readers in places like Pret A Manger

This ^^ Costs me a fortune every month.
  • Options
    I'd prefer crushed nuts and monkey's blood on mine...
  • Options
    It's all very well for blokes on waterslides, but I think they'll have to come up with a way that women can piss about for 20 minutes when you're stuck behind one of them at a register, before they'll be prepared to adopt these.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]It's all very well for blokes on waterslides, but I think they'll have to come up with a way that women can piss about for 20 minutes when you're stuck behind one of them at a register, before they'll be prepared to adopt these.
    and something to replace the fun old people have putting all their change in the right compartments of their purse whilst discussing the weather.
    (when I retire I'm going to do ALL my shopping/banking/walking around aimlessly/ at lunchtime, just to get my own back...)
  • Options
    When I am old and collecting my pension I will shop on a Saturday morning for my one chop two potatoes and a carrott and block up the checkout whilst quietly wetting myself, sucking on a fishermans friend, depsite the fact I have all week to shop where others don't!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]When I am old and collecting my pension I will shop on a Saturday morning for my one chop two potatoes and a carrott and block up the checkout whilst quietly wetting myself, sucking on a fishermans friend, depsite the fact I have all week to shop where others don't!

whilst wearing a suit and tie.
  • Options
    When I'm old I imagine I'll still be wanking at the internet and shopping online. You lot have to move with the times. I may wear a suit and tie, as a nod to a bygone era
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]sucking on a fishermans friend
    Can you say that on here...?
  • Options
    Oh yes suit and tie with ankle swinging trousers and some rather hideous looking stains....as for the fishermans friend, I think you can....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]When I'm old I imagine I'll still be wanking at the internet and shopping online. You lot have to move with the times. I may wear a suit and tie, as a nod to a bygone era[/quote]

and looking at the MILF page and thinking they look damn young......
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Christ..........(can I say that?) first we get told not to Boo or sit in silence, now you want tell us what time to go shopping...............can anyone smell pi55? ; )