Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Legal Aid for "iffy" MP's

edited April 2010 in Not Sports Related
That's fair isn't it? Claim a load of dough on moody expenses from the taxpayer then get the same taxpayer to pay for their defence.

PARASITES.

Comments

• Options
    mugged again.
  • Options
    Which party do the scrounging scum belong to?

They wouldn't be Labour the supposed party of the working man would they?
  • Options
    now now now Len thats just not on. The Guardianistas will want your blood for that. Everyone knows that theat nice Mr Blair and that nice scots gent have spent 13 years geting rid of the sleeze in Government i mean they said they would didnt they and they wouldnt lie to us just to get voted in surely ?
  • Options
    To be honest, I don't really give a s**t which party they belong to - it's just wrong.
  • Options
    "Decisions about legal aid are made by the courts"

I agree with you, and so does Alistair Darling (for the Labour-haters).
  • Options
    It's baffling. Try and get legal aid for anything, and you'll not be able to do it. Just hugely corrupt. So how people on six figure salaries manage, I'll never know. What is truly baffling, given the public opinion of the job, is why they would even apply for it.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Absolute disgrace. Makes my blood boil. Lazy, sponging, scrounging, thieving
  • Options
    It's disgusting, how these things are allowed to happen is beyond me.
  • Options
    totally gobsmacked.

news like this is enough to make anyone break AFKA's swearing rule.
  • Options
    Didn't Maxwells sons get Legal Aid, even though they had Mansions,etc ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Because as of yet the system isn't means tested, which it's in the process of being changed to (Which conservatives have been holding back on for those interested).

Currently anybody defending an offence where they can get a prison sentence is entitled to Legal aid. Salary and riches don't come into it so once again it's the system that wrong not the decision.

Edit: Some courts are using the new means test system but purely by chance not Southwark Crown Court.....hmmm!
  • Options
    Brown thinks they'll have to pay back the legal aid money. Care to stand guarantor on that Prime Minister? Thought not.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Which party do the scrounging scum belong to?

They wouldn't be Labour the supposed party of the working man would they?

I believe 2 or 3 are Labour, 1 Tory, could be wrong though.
  • Options
    Get rid of the whole democratic party system. Dictatorship is the only way forward and Derek "Killer" Hales is the only man for the job, he'll feckin ave yer !
  • Options
    3 labour and 1 tory who has elected to pay his own costs. Most of these people stopped living in the real world a long time ago. "C'mon chaps all aboard the gravy train, large g & t's all round"
  • Options
    Annoying as it is when you see things like this better one system for all than a means tested system which means those with no money (or ways to hide their money) get financial help help but those with have to pay.

What if you and another person, say a Millwall fan, get into an argument. It escalates into a fight and you get arrested as does he/she.

They are unemployed or on low wages (as I said they are a Millwall fan) so get free legal aid. But because you are relatively well paid you don't get legal aid and the case costs you a fortune.