Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nissan Qashqai

Looking at getting a 2nd hand one, but am wary of anything that doesn't have a U after a Q.

Anyone got / had one, have any horror stories etc ?

Also, not bought a car for ten years now, so can anyone in the know say what the most likely accepted knock-off could be from the advertised forecourt prices ??

ta

Comments

• Options
    Nigel_Quashie.jpg
  • Options
    guy across the road has just got one. Did a comparison spreadhsheet against the Ford Kuga, Peugeot 3008 crossover and a couple of others and the Qashqai came out tops for him. He's had it about a month now and loves it. Will be interested to hear what you think of them if you get one.
  • Options
    I always thought Nissans were for 60 year old Asian women?! ;-)
  • Options
    My brother's got one, but that doesn't mean a lot ;-)

Think What Car? is your best bet for guide prices and what discount you shpuld expect - but I'm not an expert!
  • Options
    Apprently they had some problems with the brand new ones, the hyundai you were talking about on the train looks amazing and my folks have hyundais and can't fault them and the perks you get with them.
  • Options
    We got one last September when we moved from 2 cars to just the 1.
    I can certainly recommend it - very comfy drive and bags of room and good size boot.
    We have got the 1.6 manual and although took a while to get used to after my Astra Turbo I have no complaints.
    If you want a bit more poke get the 2 litre but cant say I have ever felt it is under powered.
    Petrol usage is reasonable and insurance/tax (for the 1.6) are good as well.
    The missus likes it (was her choice really) and is good bridge between small car and 4x4.
  • Options
    can't go wrong with a Honda CRV dude

have to say I thought the Ford was the Nissan with a different badge
  • Options
    true the Honda CRV is a nice car, Golfie has one, but things on the Quasqai come as standard that you'd pay for on the Honda.
  • Options
    second hand that won't be as much of an issue, don't you think?
  • Options
    I almost bought one for the wife as my mate at Nissan could get me an employee discount.

It's a good looking car with a high driving position, but the boot is only average size despite its SUV looks. My mate highly recommended the 2.0 diesel engine (and he should know, he builds them). You may want to look at the Qashqai +2 for more practicality as it has a bigger boot or two extra flip-up seats in the back - however it's another couple of grand, there is no legroom for the extra seats and you may as well go for a proper MPV if that factor is important to you.

In the end, I concluded it fell between two stools - neither practical enough to be a proper MPV or load carrier like an estate, and not small/nippy enough to be a city runaround.

Having done tons of research, I think the Ford S-Max is well worth looking at further (good value; proper 7-seater or 5-seater with big boot; great to drive etc..).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: newyorkaddick[/cite]I almost bought one for the wife as my mate at Nissan could get me an employee discount.

It's a good looking car with a high driving position, but the boot is only average size despite its SUV looks. My mate highly recommended the 2.0 diesel engine (and he should know, he builds them). You may want to look at the Qashqai +2 for more practicality as it has a bigger boot or two extra flip-up seats in the back - however it's another couple of grand, there is no legroom for the extra seats and you may as well go for a proper MPV if that factor is important to you.

In the end, I concluded it fell between two stools - neither practical enough to be a proper MPV or load carrier like an estate, and not small/nippy enough to be a city runaround.

Having done tons of research, I think the Ford S-Max is well worth looking at further (good value; proper 7-seater or 5-seater with big boot; great to drive etc..).

Just a couple of points here...His driving position will just be two cushions on the seat, secondly i bet you a pound to a penny there's enough legroom. Does it come with a ladder to get in it. ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I always thought Nissans were for 60 year old Asian women?! ;-)

Or illegal cab drivers outside the Venue.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I always thought Nissans were for 60 year old Asian women?! ;-)

Oi
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Or illegal cab drivers outside the Venue.

And you : )
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Very reliable now Afka, Nissan went over to France to kick Renault up the "arris" they now make the engines for the Primera's and the Qashqai. Ever since then its been ok, I paid 5 grand for my Primera 2.0 SVE 35,000miles, which is a fully loaded right through to Sat Nav and heated seats. Which 3 years ago was up against the "repmobile" a Mondeo with 132,00 miles with air con (Wow) just under 10 grand. Just go for the bigger engine size their heavy old motors. Ex demo's at a main dealer just before the "Reg" changes is normally a good bet.

I've just seen that Mercede's make engines for Nissan's higher end market, where ever that is ; )
    Here you go 14 grand full spec

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201011354655208/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/qashqai/make/nissan/quicksearch/true/postcode/se183lg/page/6/radius/30?logcode=p
  • Options
    AFKA cuts someone up in his Quasqui geezer jumps out fronts it AFKA looks noramal size in his SUV

AFKA jumps out Guy appologises and says dwarf wresting is illegal in this country
  • Options
    Mate has one (got it about six months ago), really happy with it.
  • Options
    AFKA, we've been looking at buying or leasing a Qashqai. Going from two cars to a single car.

Ketman's dad, the real one, has one and I know is very impressed with it.

Be interested to see what deal you get.
  • Options
    Large Addick:

true the Honda CRV is a nice car, Golfie has one, but things on the Quasqai come as standard that you'd pay for on the Honda.

Sorry...........I have an FRV - strange car as it has 6 seats, with 3 at the front !!

Only bought it as it was the only car (I could afford) that would fit 3 child seats across the back..........ideally like the Ford S-Max but can't see it in Auto w/leather seats (a must with 3 kids under 7)
  • Options
    I have one and realy like it. Nippy enough for me and I like the high driving position compared to some cars.

ps. I am not a cab driver, 60+, Asian or a woman.

pps. There are three spec levels and I would not advise the lowest one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They are all the rage in Bermuda (remember you need a SUV when the speed limit is 20mph and the roads are as narrow as a gnats chuff). Only heard good things about it.
  • Options
    Had a couple of rentals, whilst going to Hull & back. 1.6 petrol got 34 mpg @ 70+ mph, 1.5 diesel got 47 mpg doing the same speed. I would go for a 2.0 diesel. Nice cars.
  • Options
    My Dad Rick sorry that's Mick has had one for about a year, he loves it, not a bad ride height for someone as small as you either smudge. I hate all Chelsea tractors but this one is not one of them, sensible size but spacious inside.
  • Options
    why is everyone so heightist on here?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    You want a real mans car, You can have my 2009 Ford Expedition 5.4 V8 only 14,000km for 15,000.

Only 3 problems, you have to pick it up from kuwait, it will be too big for Tescos and will cost you 150 quid to fill it up!

Apart from that perfect!!! you can see it here http://www.q8showroom.com/details/en/car/kuwait/10327/-Ford-Expedition.html

We are looking to move to Singapore and the price of cars is very complicated and is limited (by license). a 2008 honda civic type R would set you back about gbp 44,000!!!!!!

Being serious though the qasquai is a great car, but would also look at the hyundai's the new ones are very good.

I really like the new hyundai coupe, went in the turbo version when i was in korea last month and it goes like stink.
  • Options
    cheers for the feedback guys
  • Options
    Just seen AFKA driving his new car.... Very impressive ;-)noddy%20lg.jpg
  • Options
    Convertible eh - nice.
  • Options
    Not a bad car but check the spec on it. The really basic ones look...well...basic inside and you don't get all the creature comforts

Personally I like the Honda but it all depends what you want in a car. Honda will go on forever, Ford are improving and Mazda do a really nice people carrier type car.

All things German cost more than their counterparts and its no longer because of better build quality