Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone on here taking part in the Demelza Golf Day on 20th May?

edited April 2010 in Not Sports Related
I'm playing but just wondered if anyone on here would be partaking

Comments

• Options
    No mate. Where is it though?
  • Options
    I wish I knew. I'm on my Dad's team and he hasn't a clue!

Will update as and when I find out. I think Keith Peacock has been pretty instrumental in organising it all. I wished these sort of things were maybe announced to a wider audience as I am sure a few on here would be interested
  • Options
    I'm playing. Its at Sundridge Park.
  • Options
    sweet - I've heard good things about that course!

Cheers - and see you on the day
  • Options
    Its a great course and one of the best golf days I have played on.
  • Options
    5 minutes from my house. Two courses, the East and West, you won't be disappointed by either.
  • Options
    Kent CCC have today announced that Demelza will be the name on their county championship shirts this summer.

I deliberately didn't says ''Demelza are Kent's new shirt sponsor'' as I trust such an excellent charity is not being asked to pay for the privilege!

Have a great golf day, guys, and raise losts of money for a great cause.
  • Options
    Sundridge Park is a lovely course (both of them), last time I played there Martin Simmons was in the 4 ball in front.

Just got an invite today to play Celtic Manor on a corporate at the end of the month!
  • Options
    Jamie Clifford, Kent's acting chief executive officer, said: 'The players and staff at the club have been so taken with the work of Demelza, I am delighted to announce this exciting approach.

'Through the partnership KCCC has secured the value of the championship naming rights, and I am confident it will open up many more commercial opportunities in the future.

'I believe that this goes further than a traditional sponsorship deal, and expresses something of what a special club Kent is.'

Ted Gladdish, chief executive of Demelza Hospice Care for Children, added: 'We are thrilled that our name will feature on the Kent County Cricket Club's championship shirts next season in this groundbreaking partnership.

'This opportunity will help us to reach the extra children who desperately need our help. Kent cricket is helping to make this a reality for many of them.'

Kent County Cricket Club and Demelza are planning a series of events that will inform and celebrate the partnership on a local and national level throughout the next two years.

If we fail to get a shirt sponsor would love us to do this.

Maybe on the arms of our shirts if we did???
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Sundridge Park is a lovely course (both of them), last time I played there Martin Simmons was in the 4 ball in front.

Just got an invite today to play Celtic Manor on a corporate at the end of the month![/quote]

Nice touch that. You playing the 2010?