Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General Election Confirmed as 6th May

as widely predicted.

Let the hustings commence.

Comments

• I'd just like to point out, 6th May was the day I first started school.
  • but what year Oggy or cant you remember that far back?

I
  • 6th May is the day I got married
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]but what year Oggy or cant you remember that far back?

I

Well, unfortunately I can ........ like it was half a century ago!!!

6th May 1960.

Or should I have been bright enough to keep that a secret ....?

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I'd just like to point out, 6th May was the day I first started school.

Most people start school in September.

Either you were very smart and started early or you were a bit slow.

Having met you I can guess which : - )

1979 May 5th. General Election three days before I was old enough to vote. Thatcher won and changed the country.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I'd just like to point out, 6th May was the day I first started school.
    And your dad voted for Gladstone the same day...
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I'd just like to point out, 6th May was the day I first started school.

Most people start school in September.

Either you were very smart and started early or you were a bit slow.

Having met you I can guess which : - )

Why, thank you, Henry.

Traditionally in the UK, a child normally starts school in the term in which they attain their 5th birthday.
    I thought you would have known that.

But you were right ..... smart enough.

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I'd just like to point out, 6th May was the day I first started school.

Are you older than me, RedZed666 ....?
  • edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

Traditionally in the UK, a child normally starts school in the term in which they attain their 5th birthday.
    I though you would have known that.

But you were right ..... smart enough.

;o)

In ye olde days when you was a child maybe ; - )

These days it's either at the September or January intake.
  • Then that's changed since even my kids started school
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh gawd help us ! Days and days of listening to lying, fiddling, disingenuous, self serving, arrogant, pompous twits.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Oh gawd help us ! Days and days of listening to lying, fiddling, disingenuous, self serving, arrogant, pompous twits.

Bit harsh on your fellow Charlton Lifers there : - )
  • [cite] Let the hustings commence

Yeah, but not on here eh?
  • Getting people to listen to them and getting the people to vote for them will problem.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Oh gawd help us ! Days and days of listening to lying, fiddling, disingenuous, self serving, arrogant, pompous twits.[/quote]

Bit harsh on your fellow Charlton Lifers there : - )[/quote]

LOL
  • I agree with Chirpy's sentiments. WE are going to get enough of the Election elsewhere so could we keep CL an election free zone ?? Would be nice to come on here and not be confronted with threads on why Brown is such a prat, why Darling can't run the economy, why Ed Balls is a useless twat etc etc.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I agree with Chirpy's sentiments. WE are going to get enough of the Election elsewhere so could we keep CL an election free zone ?? Would be nice to come on here and not be confronted with threads on why Bailey is such a prat, why Parky can't run the team, why Lloyd Sam is a useless twat etc etc.
  • Agree with you Large or at least keep it to one thread that people can ignore if they so wish.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I agree with Chirpy's sentiments. WE are going to get enough of the Election elsewhere so could we keep CL an election free zone ?? Would be nice to come on here and not be confronted with threads on why Brown is such a prat, why Darling can't run the economy, why Ed Balls is a useless twat etc etc.[/quote]

By way of parity. Why Cameron is such a prat, Why Osborne can`t run the economy and why David Davies is useless ;0)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]1979 May 5th. General Election three days before I was old enough to vote. Thatcher won and changed the country.[/quote]

'changed' is not the verb I would have chosen.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]1979 May 5th. General Election three days before I was old enough to vote. Thatcher won and changed the country.

'changed' is not the verb I would have chosen.

I was being diplomatic for once.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]

Are you older than me, RedZed666 ....?
    Unless you could buy 2 Park Drive in their own box for less than 4d then I'm probably older...
  • COYR

;-)
  • So i'm thinking ...just how legally binding is a manifesto?

""in recent decades the status of electoral manifestos has diminished somewhat due to a significant tendency for winning parties to, ignore, indefinitely delay, or even outright reject manifesto policies which were popular with the public upon taking office.""

Not very by the looks of things.
    As my old grandad used to say "you've just got to decide who's bullshi*ing the least"
  • Or pick the party/candidate you trust the most, especially for PMs. Maybe Presidential politics has its place.
  • anyone know anything about the save queen marys protest vote campaign?