Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Earth Hour

edited March 2010 in Not Sports Related
Any one else sitting in the dark observing earth hour? Only 18 mins battery left on laptop, can i plug it in???

Comments

• Earth Hour's the environmental equivalent of a wife-beater coming home on Valentine's Day with a bunch of flowers from the petrol station.

Change your ways in general, don't sit in the dark for an hour like an idiot.
  • Change your ways, yes, but respectfully, there are worse things than something like this to focus attention on the issue. It's a symbol, surely, but that doesn't render the concept useless.
  • [cite]Posted By: Can-addick[/cite]Change your ways, yes, but respectfully, there are worse things than something like this to focus attention on the issue. It's a symbol, surely, but that doesn't render the concept useless.

absolutely agree, if it forces people to stop & think then it has achieved it's purpose - my family observed it
  • I forgot about it yesterdayt.

So, despite the clocks going back last night - I made it up by having an extra hour in bed this morning!
  • edited March 2010
    Sorry, forgot about it LOL. But then we dont run water into an empty sink, have radiators on in rooms that are not being used, always switch off lights when leaving a room, never take the car when we can walk, dont over buy food that we end up throwing stuff away, have proper shopping bags so that we dont accumelate carriers bags. It becomes second nature after a time and takes no effort at all.

This is not meant to be a smug reply, but many will do the one hour thing just because its on Facebook.

ps. Brilliant parallel Inspector.
  • we are actually quite green so not necessarily an empty gesture just made us think and if it raises awareness and makes others think then a good intiative
  • I know some people will find my opinion abhorrent or maybe consider me to be ignorant, but I really couldnt care less about something like this. I will put bottles and cans in the councils special box but I will also drive my car on short journeys. If these people were really bothered about the environment they would initiate a campaign advising women there is absolutely no need to have heating on in the house for 10 months of the year !!!!