Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

E1-E14 Area - Water mains leak

edited March 2010 in Not Sports Related
We've just been informed at my Uni by Thames Water there is a MAJOR water mains leak in the E1-E14 area of East London, causing major disruption to water supplies. So if any of you are local and wondering why when you turn on your taps and nothing is coming out, thats the reason.

We had an all staff circular email go out 30 mins ago and all our water supplies have gone already as nearly 99% of the Uni decided to visit the Gents/Ladies at the same time.

Comments

• Options
    I see am staying in Deptford tonight glady that area wont be affected have they given you any idea of when it will be back on again mate?
  • Options
    The email said no timescale had been set for the repair, currently being assessed by Thames Water and they will keep all staff informed. The water supply has completely gone now.
  • Options
    Oh! so that's why I get sent home early! I work in a school on Commercial road and as far as I know all the schools in the area have had to send the children home.
  • Options
    I've just walked in the front door after spending a long lunch in the Market Porter. All QMUL staff on the Mile End and Whitechapel campuses sent home about 10 mins after my last post. Terrible shame ;-)
  • Options
    Coincidentally, after leaving work I found that the DLR was suspended at Shadwell so I took the bus to Tower Hill and got the tube to London Bridge. I did think about heading into the Market Porter for a pint.
  • Options
    Another QMer on CL....

We should stop breeding.