Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Accumulator's

2»

Comments

• Options
    Most the time, Celtic & Rangers are so short there is no point in adding them in for the risk.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Most the time, Celtic & Rangers are so short there is no point in adding them in for the risk.

espexially as in the league this season between them they have won 37 and failed to win 21.
    so 21 times out of 58 (over a third) they would have dumped your accumalator.
  • Options
    In the long run you are far better doing a perm than an Acca alone. There will usually be at least one shock result on the coupon and whilst you may not draw as much as you would have for just doing the Acca, you should find yourself ticking over 'til all your selections do come in.

The other thing is that, as already mentioned by MrOneLung, try not to include too many obvious big odds on shots. By the nature of their obvious chance of winning the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Celtic, Rangers etc are overbet and consequently offer very l ittle value.

When I say Perm I don't mean doubles and upwards as there are too many permutations and it will dilute the potential winnings too much. If you can find 6 or 7 selections around the Even money mark and perm any 4 or 5 from those you should do OK (providing you are reasonably good at predicting that is).

For example:

Any 5, 6 and all 7 from 7 selections = 29 bets. Let's say that you have a tenner to bet with and we therfore make the unit stake 35p (£10.15 staked).

Should 5 come in at an average of Evens then you will make a slight profit (£11.20 back)
    Should 6 come in then your return would be £78.40
    And if you get them all up then your total return would be £436.80

This would compare to a stright £10.15 Acca return of £1,300 but, unless you are exceedingly good at it (and lucky to boot) predicting, the chances of you actually having all 7 up on a regular basis are somewhat limited.

Finally , I'm not saying avoid all odds on shots. But, for every 8/11 you stick in try and balance it with another one at 11/8. And equally if the two teams playing have a history of drawing (Ipswich early season for example when they couldn't buy a win) then adding that in at around 9/4 can only serve to boost the dividend.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I Kind of have my own lil laws when it comes to my accy's one of which is i can only place bets on teams in the English leagues dont really know why just something i do. Especially wouldnt bet on Jok football.

Despite celtic/rangers being bankers most weeks?

Just as well I don't bet midweek LOL

Thing is mate i am not a betting man, as a rule, but the accy's is what i love, as it spices the action up for me on a Saturday rather than just looking for our result i can look for a host of others too for good reason. Its not really about the winning its about the seeing what predictions i got right and each week it improves (dont thing i will ever beat my winnings one though) so i dont bet on jok football beacuse i dislike everything about the Jok league Celtic and Rangers have ruined it.
  • Options
    Celtic and Rangers are the only ones who keep it in existence!
  • Options
    Saturday's selections

Spurs v Pompey (H)
    Brum v Arsenal (A)
    Notts C v Rotherham (H)
    Barnsley v Donny (H)
    Peterborough v Brizzle C (A)
    Hull v Fulham (H)

£5 returns £250.46
  • Options
    I'd say Hull & Barnsley are the dodgy ones.

Bristol City could be a tidy price.
  • Options
    I think Fulham's sheer number of games could be catching up on them, plus I think Hodgson will rest some before next weeks Europa game and Hull are desperate.

Agree with you on Bristol C, but they looked o.k against Newcastle and sometimes caretaker managers do the business (clearly not in our case!)
  • Options
    Yeah - i meant Bristol City is a good pick, and should be over priced.

I'm tempted to put Huddersfield in this weekend, the price will be too good to resist!
  • Options
    With Skybet Huddersfield are 5/4.

Norwich at 21/20 with Betfred to beat Leeds wouldn't be a bad shout either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some good value about this week.
  • Options
    WSS i really care so little about the scottish league and the teams involved i almost want the whole thing to fall apart and there be no jok leagues wouldnt bother me atall.

Elthamaddick i would suggest Barnsley will defo not win at home to high flying Donny, Donnys recent for is ace.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]WSS i really care so little about the scottish league and the teams involved i almost want the whole thing to fall apart and there be no jok leagues wouldnt bother me atall.

Elthamaddick i would suggest Barnsley will defo not win at home to high flying Donny, Donnys recent for is ace.

Doncaster's last 9 games. Won 3, drawn 3, lost 3. So who know's what you're going to get.
  • Options
    You can never say if someone will ''defo not win''
  • Options
    Bansley 6/5 to win...take your point, but they are fairly decent at home*

* cue someone showing me some stats saying how crap they are..:o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Bansley 6/5 to win...take your point, but they are fairly decent at home*

* cue someone showing me some stats saying how crap they are..:o)

The stats say draw really, although Barnsley should win
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]WSS i really care so little about the scottish league and the teams involved i almost want the whole thing to fall apart and there be no jok leagues wouldnt bother me atall.

Doncaster's last 9 games. Won 3, drawn 3, lost 3. So who know's what you're going to get.

Really i diddnt know that well inddeed who knows then, Ok sorry JT.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]

So you basically completely made up your earlier post?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]

So you basically completely made up your earlier post?

LOL no i said i thought their form was good and i can stand corrected i am not making things up. If i get it wrong i get it wrong sorry we cant all be right all of the time.
  • Options
    Can someone tell me [can't get on bookies at work] what odds the following are, and what it pays..? Tar.

Arsenal
    Bristol City
    Norwich
    Shrewsbury
    Darlington
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Can someone tell me [can't get on bookies at work] what odds the following are, and what it pays..? Tar.

Arsenal
    Bristol City
    Norwich
    Shrewsbury
    Darlington

I'm looking for you now but Shrewsbury are playing Darlington so who you going for? Or do you mean a draw?
  • Options
    ^ No idea what i was on about!

Tonights:

Luton
    York
    Barnsley
    Queens Park
    Stevenage
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]^ No idea what i was on about!

Tonights:

Luton
    York
    Barnsley
    Queens Park
    Stevenage

Barnsley did it in for you. If it's any consolation, I'd say they might be more annoyed than you, after losing that 4-1 win