Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

smoking in cars to be banned?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Is it a Blanket ban or if you have other people in the car, if you are on your own, it's your choice surely?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Is it a Blanket ban or if you have other people in the car, if you are on your own, it's your choice surely?

Blankets are banned too but you should be okay in a slanket.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Is it a Blanket ban or if you have other people in the car, if you are on your own, it's your choice surely?

No the blanket ban only applies to fans who travel to Charlton Away games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mister Windscreen[/cite]F&H Taking it you are right on this one, I shudder to think what the consumption of alcohol costs us...I'm sure you will tell us.

A pint of Guinness & a pint of Stella was £4.65 in the Weatherspoons Brixton last night. Very reasonable I thought :-)
  • Options
    How about banning people who ponce fags that they don't even smoke off of people when they've already ponced fags off of someone else they don't even know ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]How about banning people who ponce fags that they don't even smoke off of people when they've already ponced fags off of someone else they don't even know ?

Got a spare smoke mate?
  • Options
    No one has questioned the validity of the original report. The Cough Up report recommending stopping smoking in cars is produced by Policy Exchange. This organisation proclaims itself to be centre-right and non-partisan. Is this a contradiction? Can you describe yourself in political terms and be non-partisan? Also being non-partisan shouldn't they also have something good to say about smoking e.g. early death saves the NHS a packet! I think this organisation is a little bit suspect in where they are coming from. There doesn't appear to be anything to back up the figures being quoted and may just have been worked out on the back of a fag packet by somebody and repeated so many times that people take it as gospel.

ps I am a smoker with 26 years 1 month and 3 days since my last cigarette and have never smoked in a vehicle with children aboard, unless you include the top deck of a bus when coming home from school.
  • Options
    What gets me is that whenever I go on holiday, you can smoke wherever you wish. You come back here and you get treated like a leper. They should stop introducing laws without consenting the people.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Holland have now embraced the European smoking ban in pubs & clubs. Ironically this only applies to tobacco...yes you've guessed it, you can still smoke a joint but it has to be 100% cannabis...roll on Easter holidays!