Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Olympics 2012 - have you registered for tickets?

Comments

• Options
    A very disappointing £66 taken from my account having applied for over 10 times that.
  • Options
    A very disappointing £66 taken from my account having applied for over 10 times that.
    Even more disappointing when you eventually twig that you've got no tickets at all, but at least Gddie Nkoku in downtown Lagos is getting paid today!
  • Options
    A bloke on the radio today said the ticketing process was akin to sending a cheque to a supermarket and asking for some food, maybe. Sounded about right - how ridiculous.
  • Options

10% of value of what asked for is what i've heard of from a couple of people

still not heard owt on mine and don't know how to check credit card chuff online

• Options

10% of value of what asked for is what i've heard of from a couple of people

still not heard owt on mine and don't know how to check credit card chuff online

Can't you just ring your personal banker? Or better still, ask your butler to do it?
    ;o)
  • Options

Have got £280 worth by the look of it out of more than £1,700 applied for, and my wife has got £250 out of £1,000 or so.

Can't really work out what they might be, but doubt very much we've got any of the stadium ones. On the face it not too bad a result, although sod's law says that there will almost certainly be duplication in what we have got!

• Options
    Got nothing zilch nada. Hacked off. Whoever thought this system was a good idea wants shooting
  • Options
    still waiting but doesn't look promising. Applied for £598, likely to get sweet FA.
  • Options
    got nothing.the slags.
  • Options
    got nothing.the slags.
    how do you know ? Do you get an email confirming that ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got nothing zilch nada. Hacked off. Whoever thought this system was a good idea wants shooting

Agree with you, I think they've managed to hack off about 1.5 million applicants whether you got nothing or 10% of what you asked for. I'm not sure Mr. Coe and buddies really care though as long as they can say 'x' million different people will be attending the Olympics.

I'm one of the 10%ers and have failed to get any Athletics tickets which is what I'm truly interested in. I think I'd have preferred to get nothing this time round so I would have first pickings on the next round which is 1st come 1st served for those who didn't get any tickets. At least that way I'd have a good chance of seeing some Athletics morning sessions whereas I am likely to miss out on the Athletics completely. 

• Options
    I applied for £800 worth of tickets and have got nowt so they can shove the Olympics where the sun doesn't shine. I can't be bothered to get tickets for events that I don't want to see. Very disappointed.
  • Options
    What a bunch of sulky children, you've got the second chance sale in a couple of weeks to get tickets then. You enter a free lottery, what did you expect?
  • Options
    work for a sponsor, it worked for me ;-)
  • Options
    What a bunch of sulky children, you've got the second chance sale in a couple of weeks to get tickets then. You enter a free lottery, what did you expect?
    I appreciate that. It's a natural reaction to be disappointed when you don't get what you want and with the number of people wanting to go there's going to be a lot of disappointed people, but this systems a bit crap isn't it!

In the second sale I recommend people get on the women's swim marathon!
  • Options
    It's like stamping your feet everytime you don't win the lottery, there were 20 million applications for tickets, always going to be some winners and losers.
  • Options
    I got £66 worth after applying for about £590 worth so looks like I'm in the 10% bracket too. I'll go for the second chance ballot next month.
  • Options
    £96 worth from £866, not overly fussed apart from not getting any beach volleyball tickets for the ladies semi finals!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Mr Weegie got nothing from over £2k.  I've got £230 from more than that.  An absolute joke.  Then you hear of people who applied for six athletics sessions and have got tickets for four of them.  Complete disgrace.  Not going to be worth the trip down from Glasgow now.  In fact I'm so hacked off, I'm thinking of going abroad on holiday during the blooming Games.

If you are on Twitter, let's try and get #angryatlocog trending?
  • Options
    It's like stamping your feet everytime you don't win the lottery, there were 20 million applications for tickets, always going to be some winners and losers.
    No, Rothko - they have got it badly wrong.  For Germany 2006 they announced that tickets were four times oversubscribed, so everyone would more or less get 1 in 4 of what they applied for - and that's what happened.  The problem here is the computer programme used and complete thoughtlessness about the outcome.  They have carried out a random lottery on an event by event basis, so some people do well, while others are left with nothing or very little.  The computer programme should have included a balancing/ redistribution mechanism to ensure that everyone had around the same statistical outcome - if tickets were ten times oversubscribed, then everyone should have got 10% of their application.  It's not rocket science, it's common sense.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, if the lottery was a once in a life time event that was created with millions of taxes. Personally I don't think tickets should have been distributed in a lottery system.
  • Options
    What's the other option then FOD, total free for all?

I've got £26 worth of tickets out of £685, them the breaks
  • Options
    I got £66 worth after applying for about £590 worth so looks like I'm in the 10% bracket too. I'll go for the second chance ballot next month.

isnt the second chance ballot for those who got nothing ? if not then that is totally unfair. 
  • Options

Probably one of the many other systems used in previous tournaments where people who were unsuccessful in their previous event have a better chance in the next one.
  • Options
    Ive got 126 quids worth from 950. 

And looking at my application i reckon its this:

Sport: Shooting
        Session code: SH001
        Date/time: 28 July 2012 08:15-16:00
        Venue: The Royal Artillery Barracks - Finals Hall & Ground Pass
        Price Category: A
        Quantity: 3
        Total cost: £120.00
        Total maximum cost: £120.00

• Options
    Wow. Not sure what's more unbelievable - the fact that you wanted to pay to go and watch some shooting when there's plenty that goes on for free, or the fact that you've got two friends to take with you!
    ;o)
  • Options

Probably one of the many other systems used in previous tournaments where people who were unsuccessful in their previous event have a better chance in the next one.
    Exactly.
  • Options
    wum
  • Options
    Wow. Not sure what's more unbelievable - the fact that you wanted to pay to go and watch some shooting when there's plenty that goes on for free, or the fact that you've got two friends to take with you!
    ;o)
    A normal night in woolwich.  Daren't moan tho as don't want to be called a sulky child but I bought them as an afterthought as its a stroll from home up there.  Really wanted the gymnastics at O2 and equestrian at Greenwich Park for my stepdaughter - not sure how she feels about shooting!!

• Options
    I've got a mate who works for a sponsor.  He said he'd sort me out with whatever I want and all free. 

Top bloke he is.