Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A beautiful walk in Kent.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sorry for any offence mate :-)
  • Options
    no worries mate only joking around, but you are right, i had forgotten about the fox and hounds a right blast from the past and yes it was strange up there....dont get caught in the fog and all that :-)
  • Options
    Don't stray from the path lol
  • Options
    We came across that pub on sunday walked past it as still early for a drink.. though it looked nice?
  • Options
    Kents great. The missis and i walked around the white cliffs Sunday which her folks and it was lush wasnt the nicest day ever but it was good to get out as i had the man flu over the weekend. Still went to footie though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Went here for lunch last week and i can highly highly recommend it... going to stay there hopefully next weekend. Gorgeous pub and good outdoor space also.

whoops wrong link!

did someone say theres a good walk near here? and also a short walk away is another lovely looking pub called the swan on the green i think - West Peckham?

The Swan is the nuts, they do a great Sunday lunch, although you need to get there early to get a table
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bigfatpete[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]There's a nice little walk between Otford and Shoreham (through the golf course) which takes a leisurely 45 mins, nice pubs at either end too. Not sure about walking in the hills above Kemsing and Otford though, like Soundas says the views are great but some of the locals are banjo pluckers.

Banjo pluckers???? I live in Kemsing!!! i can confirm the views are amazing on a good day and number 1 place for sledging when we have the snow...

Errr Banjo pluckers??? I lived in Kemsing also, Wheatsheaf used to be a really good night out with proper lateones!!

Henry...try the Chequers at Heaverham, its only a short walk from the car park in Kemsing, well about 20 mins lol... Its even got its own car park if you need it. Nice food and very large garden..
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: revellinit[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Bigfatpete[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]There's a nice little walk between Otford and Shoreham (through the golf course) which takes a leisurely 45 mins, nice pubs at either end too. Not sure about walking in the hills above Kemsing and Otford though, like Soundas says the views are great but some of the locals are banjo pluckers.[/quote]

Banjo pluckers???? I live in Kemsing!!! i can confirm the views are amazing on a good day and number 1 place for sledging when we have the snow...[/quote]

Errr Banjo pluckers??? I lived in Kemsing also, Wheatsheaf used to be a really good night out with proper lateones!!

Henry...try the Chequers at Heaverham, its only a short walk from the car park in Kemsing, well about 20 mins lol... Its even got its own car park if you need it. Nice food and very large garden..[/quote]

The garden at The Chequers is huge and really peaceful.....it a Shepherd Neame pub too, which is an added bonus.
  • Options
    Bigfatpete.....I still own a house in Kemsing, although now live in Thailand.
  • Options
    As i've said many times the good people of Kemsing are a lovely lot and they have a lovely village, i was even a member of you fine Tennis club many, many years ago. I was
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm thinking of doing the Jurassic Coast walk this summer - Swanage-Exmouth, a mere 95 miles and a few good pubs on the way...
  • Options
    qote "The garden at The Chequers is huge and really peaceful.....it a Shepherd Neame pub too, which is an added bonus. "

used to have a really good restaurant with portugese chef - do you know if they still do good meals as a long time since i went
  • Options
    Yes redman, it still has a very nice little restuarant.
    It must be the smallest pub in the country with the largest garden by comparison in the entire country.
    Small pub massive garden.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Not exactly Kent, well it isn't kent but a day in RYE is always great. Really refreshing and contrasting to City life.
  • Options
    I've done that walk, BFR. It is absolutely stunning, you will love it - especially if the sun shines...a beautiful part of the world.
  • Options
    Mendonca, I'm off to Rye next weekend. Any pubs to recommend for lunch at all?
  • Options
    George at Rye is brilliant. Lovely "whole earted" food. Can get quite busy in there due to reputation. There are 2 more really nice pubs to eat. A nice seafood place and plenty of places to get fat from eating cakes.
  • Options
    Thanks very much for the tip off SoundAsa£. We went there today and had a great time. For anyone that's thinking of going, you can get a nice pint of Olde Trip in The Bell, I recommend their bacon burgers too.
    smallimg7647.jpg
    smallimg7844.jpg
  • Options
    Stig, those pics are of my garden. I don't mind, but you could've asked mate.
  • Options
    Oops, sorry.