Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Barcelona...a footballing masterclass

Outstanding, breathtaking football tonight. Great club in every aspect. When England can get a couple of players in that team we will have a chance of winning a world cup.

Henry looked mediocre in that game and i can see why fabregas is waiting til he is at the top of his game before he goes home.

Awesome.

Comments

• Oh to have Messi in your team. I think we would go up automatically then
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Oh to have Messi in your team. I think we would go up automatically then

Can he play left back?
  • edited March 2010
    In this league yeah... I wonder the chances of getting him on loan ?
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Oh to have Messi in your team. I think we would go up automatically then

Can he play left back?

In this league yeah... I wonder the chances of getting him on loan ?

Need to offload Moo2 first ... and McLeod ... and ... and ... and ...
  • Pony palarse kit lookalikey no good at football mugs. Everytime i see some sheep in my area wearing that poxy kit i want to stop and bash the living poop outta them. Horrible kit so in my op horrible club.

Sorry Leroy!!
  • What's even more impressive is the amount of players in their side that have come through their youth system. Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, Busquets and Bojan. Plus there's Xavi who wasn't even playing tonight. Makes me laugh when you think of Real Madrid spending 100/200/300 million to match them. Unbelievable team.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Pony palarse kit lookalikey no good at football mugs. Everytime i see some sheep in my area wearing that poxy kit i want to stop and bash the living poop outta them. Horrible kit so in my op horrible club.

Sorry Leroy!!
    LOL. Most ill-judged rant ever! Our kit looks nothing like Palarse's. The blue's darker, and it's maroon, not red. Also, the badge has the initials 'FCB' on it, not the words 'Croydon Mugs'. Also, do you hate every club that wears Blue and White?

I'm with you on the stupid tools walking around wearing it here though - when the closest they'll ever come to las ramblas is a package holiday to Tenerife.

Barca were f***ing Godlike at times tonight, pedestrian at others. Ibra is a waste of money, and Busquets is average at best. If Xavi had been playing we'd have scored six or seven. I'm going twice before the end of the season, and if we get to the final I'm invading Madrid and laying waste to the Santiago de Bernabeu.
  • It was just like watching Charlton...they have a pitch and stands, and so do we!
  • Haha Leroy your so right, people are such sheep.

I know what your saying about the kit being a bit different, but i was in Sainsburys Crayford a few weeks ago and some dude was brazenly walking round with an FCB shirt on, but from behind all i saw was palarse, he is lucky he didn't get one in the back of his nut!! My Mrs said the look on my face was priceless and had a certain grimace on my moosh when i told her there was a spotty stripey nigel walking around in my supermarket in my manor!! Mug bet he never even been to spain!!

Yes, i hate every club in blue and white, specially those punnks from the 'bridge' pretentious bunch of retardation glory boys!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Pony palarse kit lookalikey no good at football mugs. Everytime i see some sheep in my area wearing that poxy kit i want to stop and bash the living poop outta them. Horrible kit so in my op horrible club.

Sorry Leroy!!
    LOL. Most ill-judged rant ever! Our kit looks nothing like Palarse's.

Must admit, my gag reflex goes when I see someone referring to some glamour club in another country as 'our' or 'us'.

Maybe you yourself have more connection to them than a 'package holiday to Tenerife', so sorry if I've misjudged you, but in general I tire of people who piggyback the achievements of far away clubs they have no real affiliation to.
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Outstanding, breathtaking football tonight. Great club in every aspect. When England can get a couple of players in that team we will have a chance of winning a world cup.

Well Rooney and Cashley would walk into the Barca team.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]What's even more impressive is the amount of players in their side that have come through their youth system. Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, Busquets and Bojan. Plus there's Xavi who wasn't even playing tonight. Makes me laugh when you think of Real Madrid spending 100/200/300 million to match them. Unbelievable team.

You have to admire the loyalty that they show their youth team products in comparison to other European giants... though sometimes... e.g. Oleguer... this can be going TOO far!

Case in point. Pedro, 23 in the summer and "oldish" for a footballing wonderkid that might make the top level has been given his chance after let's be fair, not pulling up any trees moving through the ranks, has got a long run in the team this season and has become an absolute animal.

Even the likes of Valdes, Puyol and Xavi, who have all kicked on to be in the top 10 for their position in the world only earned their early match-time due to their roots - look at them now though!
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

Sorry Leroy!!
    LOL. Most ill-judged rant ever!Ourkit looks nothing like Palarse's.

Must admit, my gag reflex goes when I see someone referring to some glamour club in another country as 'our' or 'us'.

Maybe you yourself have more connection to them than a 'package holiday to Tenerife', so sorry if I've misjudged you, but in general I tire of people who piggyback the achievements of far away clubs they have no real affiliation to.
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Outstanding, breathtaking football tonight. Great club in every aspect. When England can get a couple of players in that team we will have a chance of winning a world cup.

Since my father was born in Barcelona - approximately 1000 yards away from the camp Nou, left in the late sixties and went back there about four years after I was born, I have been to something like 100 games there in my lifetime, was at Wembley for the first European Cup win, saw Cruyff play (though I was so young I can't really remember it), have been an FCB member since I was six and love them equally as much as I love Charlton... yes, I think I can refer to them as 'my' club. It's nothing to do with 'glamour' either - if you understood even one tenth of what my family (both sides, but especially those in Catalunya) went through in the Franco years - you'd realise that.

And neither Rooney nor Cole would 'walk into' the Barca side. Rooney would be a decent shout - especially since he's been on fire the past few months - but, when fit, Abidal is as good as Cole. He can certainly defend better, which is needed with Dani Alves spending as much time in the opposition half as Messi - Barca often play with a back three when Alves pushes forward, with Abidal/Maxwell/Busquets staying back. Stop listening to the Andy Gray hype bloocks about Cole - he isn't 'the best left back in the world' by a long chalk.
  • edited March 2010

Sorry Leroy!!

Since my father was born in Barcelona - approximately 1000 yards away from the camp Nou, left in the late sixties and went back there about four years after I was born, I have been to something like 100 games there in my lifetime, was at Wembley for the first European Cup win, saw Cruyff play (though I was so young I can't really remember it), have been an FCB member since I was six and love them equally as much as I love Charlton... yes, I think I can refer to them as 'my' club. It's nothing to do with 'glamour' either - if you understood even one tenth of what my family (both sides, but especially those in Catalunya) went through in the Franco years - you'd realise that.

Plastic Penguins fan ;o)
  • edited March 2010

Sorry Leroy!!

Good thing I put that little qualifier in there then isn't it! Apologies :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]

Sorry Leroy!!

Plastic Penguins fan ;o)
    Hahaha - Ya got me there! Though at least I've been a plastic Pens fan for 25 years (i.e. - long before Sid and Geno, and even Jagr arrived on the scene, and the Pens were truly crud)
  • [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]

Sorry Leroy!!

Good thing I put that little qualifier in there then isn't it! Apologies :-)
    LOL - no worries. It actually irks me a little bit as well to see all the local rudebwoys poncing about in the blaugrana. Probably the same feeling true United fans get when they see tossers in Surrey strolling about in ManYoo kits :)
  • edited March 2010
    Fair enough I'm a plastic Canucks fan I suppose. I'd love to see a Canucks Pens final but then I would fancy Vancouver's chances much. Think we'll end up with a Chicago Pens final myself.
  • Nah - Pens don't have the hunger this year. Craps look good - Cackhawks too. I'll go for Chicago/Washington. If it happens I'll be rooting for Chicago - anything so that Obitchkin doesn't get his mitts on the cup. I'm watching the Pens game right now - they look disjointed without Geno - he's been playing much better since the Olympic break and having him out is a blow. PP is awful as well.
  • Have to turn the volume down when i watch Barca play, so i dont have to listen to the ITV helmet commentator knocking one out. Deary me, everything is 'majestic' or 'out of this world'....for god sake man, it was a 10 yard pass!!
    Yes Barcelona are a great footballing side, but do the commentators really need to lick so much bum.
  • How comes some people have a dig at Leroy for supporting Barca but no one says anything about MOG supporting East Stirlingshire?

The Camp Nou is the only ground I've been to which had a vibe about it, even when it was empty. I was in awe the entire time I was there.
  • Sponsored links:

• agree with FOD. Visited when Venebles was manager and was lucky enough that they were training there at the time. Even empty it had a certain aura about it.
  • I only support "The Lovely Red Boys"...speaking for myself, I simply couldn't, in any way shape or form, support/follow/cheer on another team, particularly over an English side.
    What's gonna happen when we are playing Barcelona in a few years time......LOL!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]What's even more impressive is the amount of players in their side that have come through their youth system. Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, Busquets and Bojan. Plus there's Xavi who wasn't even playing tonight. Makes me laugh when you think of Real Madrid spending 100/200/300 million to match them. Unbelievable team.

Wasn't Pique out of Man Utd's youth setup?

Also, I couldn't see Ashley Cole ever getting in a Barcelona side. Certainly one of the most one-footed players in the world, but why anyone says he's the best left-back in the world is completely beyond me.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]What's even more impressive is the amount of players in their side that have come through their youth system. Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, Busquets and Bojan. Plus there's Xavi who wasn't even playing tonight. Makes me laugh when you think of Real Madrid spending 100/200/300 million to match them. Unbelievable team.

Wasn't Pique out of Man Utd's youth setup?

Also, I couldn't see Ashley Cole ever getting in a Barcelona side. Certainly one of the most one-footed players in the world, but why anyone says he's the best left-back in the world is completely beyond me.

No Pique was at Barca, Man Utd poached him like Arsenal did with Fabregas, but he never really settled there and Barca bought him back.
  • Yeah Man Utd poached him. He played against us at The Valley a few years back in that Reserves Cup final when Rossi skinned Fish all night and banged in a hat trick. Wasn't really impressed with him in that game but he's clearly progressed well!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Have to turn the volume down when i watch Barca play, so i dont have to listen to the ITV helmet commentator knocking one out. Deary me, everything is 'majestic' or 'out of this world'....for god sake man, it was a 10 yard pass!!
    Yes Barcelona are a great footballing side, but do the commentators really need to lick so much bum.[/quote]

agree there, peter drury and clive tydlesley are awful when it comes to arse licking (is that allowed!?) the big sides on itv
  • [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Have to turn the volume down when i watch Barca play, so i dont have to listen to the ITV helmet commentator knocking one out. Deary me, everything is 'majestic' or 'out of this world'....for god sake man, it was a 10 yard pass!!
    Yes Barcelona are a great footballing side, but do the commentators really need to lick so much bum.

agree there, peter drury and clive tydlesley are awful when it comes to arse licking (is that allowed!?) the big sides on itv

Listening to that ladyboy cream himself when utd play makes lose a part of my soul with every uneccessary superlative.

Sickening.
  • edited March 2010
    Was about to write something similar until i saw your post. Tyldesley is a Man Utd fan so personally i don't think he should be allowed to cover Man U games. Aren't commentators supposed to be impartial?
  • "That fateful night in Barcelona"

If I had a quid for every time Tyldesley says that during his champions league commentary i'd be a very rich man.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Have to turn the volume down when i watch Barca play, so i dont have to listen to the ITV helmet commentator knocking one out. Deary me, everything is 'majestic' or 'out of this world'....for god sake man, it was a 10 yard pass!!

agree there, peter drury andclive tydlesleyare awful when it comes to arse licking (is that allowed!?) the big sides on itv

Listening to that ladyboy cream himself when utd play makes lose a part of my soul with every uneccessary superlative.

Sickening.

Was about to write something similar until i saw your post. Tyldesley is a Man Utd fan so personally i don't think he should be allowed to cover Man U games. Aren't commentators supposed to be impartial?

They are supposed to remain impartial, and most do. Ian Wright, when England play, is just rediculous tho.