Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

One NIght In Turin - our Italia 1990 World Cup Film

Hello everyone! Wanted to post up our 1990 World Cup film that we are releasing in cinemas at the end of April and have the DVD coming out at the end of May.

Would appreciate thoughts on the design as still a work in progress, so to speak!

Comments

• Options
    You could do more - looks a bit dated in my opinion. But i will be going to see it!!
  • Options
    My immediate thought was that it looked almost identical to the cover of All Played Out by Pete Davies.

Hadn't heard of the film Superclive, definitely something I'd be interested in going to see though.
  • Options
    It IS the same cover as All Played Out now - the book is being re-released under the One Night In Turin name for mid April.
  • Options
    Proof that the best team doesn't always win.

We were the best in the world at that world cup, but not at taking penalty's :-(
  • Options
    I went out to all the group games in Sardinia. Maddest 2 weeks of my life, stayed in Rome and flew into Sardinia for each match.

The blokes I went with stayed for the duration but I had to get back to work :o(

I'll get the dvd for sure.
  • Options
    I was in Turin for the semi and in Napoli for the Cameroon game. An eventful few days, particularly the camp site siege the night before the Germany game.
  • Options
    Ah, I didn't notice the Pete Davies bit at the top Superclive!

Definitely the best football book I've read, will be well up for seeing the film/dvd.
  • Options
    Anyone, remember the Kevin Allen documentary about Italia '90, thought it was blinding.
  • Options
    'Anyone, remember the Kevin Allen documentary about Italia '90, thought it was blinding. '

Yeah, really good and caught the atmosphere of the tournament.

'E for England' :o)
  • Options
    On The March With Bobby's Army it was called
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If its anymore than 12 quid on dvd then why its just daylight robbery....

;-)
  • Options
    It will be about £10 on line and in store when it comes out at the end of May. You won't let Daylight Robbery go, will you Adam!
  • Options
    £10.99 - you can pre order it on Play.com
  • Options
    Felt so much more for that set of players than any of the england team of the last few years particularly the current squad. Could relate to them a lot more and they were all down to earth by comparison (even Gazza) even if they were still stars.
  • Options
    I can't get my head round the fact that all this happened 20 years ago!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Latest update - the film is coming out in cinemas on 11th May 2010 - our Q&A premiere event is at the City Screen cinema in Newcastle, in aid of the Sir Bobby Robson foundation.

We have confirmed 3 of the 1990 World Cup squad in attendance and an "A" lister is going to do the narration for the film, which now looks absolutely top notch!

I hope anybody who either goes to the cinema or buys the DVD enjoys the film as much as we are now - fingers crossed England will also not let us down in South Africa!

The book (All Played Out) is also going to be re-released on 15th April under our name "One Night In Turin" too...

www.onenightinturin.co.uk
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Proof that the best team doesn't always win.

We were the best in the world at that world cup, but not at taking penalty's :-(

So true - I remember thinking we must win it, after the way we battered Ireland,Holland,Egypt,Belgium and Cameroon....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]in Napoli for the Cameroon game.

Me too, being bombed by bottles and gobbed at by Italian supporters in the tier above.

Good game though, just like watching Charlton.
  • Options
    Gary Oldman recorded the voiceover last weekend - the film looks amazing! 4* review from Total Film and a huge press junket planned for early May - SO hoping to get Gazza along to the film premiere, so we've sent him a copy of the film over the weekend for him to watch ....

God he was a genius!
  • Options
    Supaclive - Just out of interest, What is your connection to the film.......are you an editor, director, etc?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am the distributor of the film. Bought the rights for the UK + Ireland and am the one putting it into cinemas on 11th May and releasing it on DVD & Blu Ray on 31st May along with channels like Sky Box Office, Filmflex Movies on Demand, I-tunes, hotel rooms, airlines, ships etc

If you see it - I might have had something to do with it basically ....
  • Options
    Gazza has just stuck it on ebay mate.....
  • Options
    supaclive, have u messaged him on twitter or emailed him?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Gazza has just stuck it on ebay mate.....[/quote]

LOL! B'stad!

We're "speaking" to Gazza through Sir Bobby Robson's charity foundation.
  • Options
    World exclusive first look at the film on Soccer AM this morning ....
  • Options
    Anybody see the feature on News at Ten last night??

www.onenightinturin.co.uk
  • Options
    Superclive- looks good from what i have read on posts etc whats the jist of it without spoiling it as want to go see it, but is it following a group of fans? or from the team, haven't read the book and wanted to see what to expect really
  • Options
    It tells the story of England, as a nation and as a footballing side and our fans for Italia 90. Packed with never seen before footage, lots of match action - it's basically a celebration of a time when football was at it's lowest and then Bobby Robson, Gazza, the fans and the rest of the side actually made football front page headlines for all the right reasons.

Just 6 weeks after Italia 90, English clubs were let back into European competition and the Premier League was founded 18 months after that.

It's all about the re-birth of English football from a time of poll tax riots, football violence, the European ban and the worst recession known to man (until now).
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Anybody see the feature on News at Ten last night??

www.onenightinturin.co.uk[/quote]

Yes I saw that mate , was very good
  • Options
    Any footage of the campsite the night before the game with Germany when the locals attacked in the film?