Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mobile phones/Smoking/driving

There is a lot of understandable concern about using mobile phones whilst driving, why is there no such lobby vs those who light up and smoke whilst driving particularly at high speed. They fiddle about getting a cigarette out of the packet, light it up and then drive single handed, to me it seems just as big a danger especially if they get hot ash in their lap. And when finished they flick a hot butt out of the window, bad news if you are a pedestrian or cyclist

Had to get this one off my chest

Comments

• I totally agreee with you on this one.......very dangerous IMO...
  • [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]There is a lot of understandable concern about using mobile phones whilst driving, why is there no such lobby vs those who light up and smoke whilst driving particularly at high speed.

But someone who is driving MUST exercise proper control of his or her vehicle at all times (Highway code Rule 127). Remember this?
  • Agreed it is very very dangerous, I smoke but never in the car because of this exact reason.
  • [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]There is a lot of understandable concern about using mobile phones whilst driving, why is there no such lobby vs those who light up and smoke whilst driving particularly at high speed. They fiddle about getting a cigarette out of the packet, light it up and then drive single handed, to me it seems just as big a danger especially if they get hot ash in their lap. And when finished they flick a hot butt out of the window, bad news if you are a pedestrian or cyclist

Had to get this one off my chest

Ever wondered how a lone policeman, during a car pursuit, presses his radio transmit button?
  • Never really understood the smoking/driving thing.

You're never really gonna be in the car for more than 2/3 hours without a stop, plus it makes your motor stink, plus its dangerous. Whats the point?

Probably not as bad as mobiles as you could argue that your concentration will be on the conversation as well as the road but still an unnecessary danger.