Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are Pompey the ONLY team we've beaten

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
when we have been behind in the PL, as this blog suggests ? Only other I can think of is the 4-3 away at Villa. Any others ??

www.se7addick.blogspot.com

Comments

• Options
    Ipswich Town on a New Years Day a few years back, we were 2-0 down and won 3-2.
  • Options
    In the last two or three years that is probably right.
    But how can you forget Lisbie's superb hat trick after we had gone 1-0 down to Liverpool?!
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Did we go one nil down against Arsenal when we won 4-2? Pretty sure we did.
  • Options
    The Pompey win was our first from behind in 80-odd attempts, but as mentioned above definitely not our only win from behind in the prem.

The year we won the first div we won 40% of the games we went behind in, which is quite impressive. I seem to think at the time that in many games, particularly against teams near the bottom of the league we didn't start playing until we were a goal down.
  • Options
    ... and of course that amazing 4-2 win at Higbury after Henry had put them ahead.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]... and of course that amazing 4-2 win at Higbury after Henry had put them ahead.

Wheres that Titanic link ;)
  • Options
    I didn't see you post a couple of minutes ahead of mine - but you weren't sure anyway ... I am !