Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

And the Pilchard of the Week Award.............

Goes to the numpty at Virgin Media that come up with this headline....

Pardew wants Jackson stay

04 Mar 2010
Charlton manager Phil Parkinson would like to extend Johnnie Jackson's loan spell at the Valley.

The Notts County midfielder, who has been used as a left-back by Parkinson, is halfway through a 28-day stay at the League One promotion contenders. With Grant Basey ruled out for the remainder of the season and Kelly Youga struggling with an ongoing injury problem, Parkinson would like to keep Jackson if the club's financial situation allows him to do so.

"I would like to keep Johnnie Jackson as he has done well for us and I think he is a good player," Parkinson told the News Shopper. "Grant Basey is out for the season and Kelly Youga is still not back in training so it leaves us short in that department."

Parkinson added: "He wants to stay because he has certain family issues which means he wants to be in the London area as well. If the chairman asked me if I want to keep Johnnie Jackson, it would be a resounding yes. Hopefully we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

"Of course, I have already discussed with the chairman whether we can keep him but it is whether we can find the money to do that. Things are tight and it isn't easy but I am sure we will do everything we can to keep him."

Comments