Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southend fan in peace

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
Hi all,

Just thought i would give you an update for tonights match. From a blues perpective anyway.

Firstly roots hall has always had one of the finest pitches in the country. Before football was played on it , it was a landfill site during the war. Before even laying turf thousands of sea shells were laid down and as a result the drainage is fantastic. I havent seen a game postponed for waterlogged pitch for about 15 years.

On to tonights game. Well it seems strange to me that a lot of your fans seem border line suicidal. You are still in the play off shake up and you dont become a bad team over night. Im sure you will be there or there abouts but as bigger sides than you have found out , you cant just expect to walk this league. There are some good sides in it (and bad) and everyone is capable of beating any one on there day.

As for us well the season started brightly. New 22,000 seater due to begin and talk of automatic promotion. Well like most chairman ours turned out to be full of the brown stuff. We have sold everything but the kitchen sink had tranfer embargos and talk of administration. Once barnard had gone for a measily 175k we dropped like a stone. Its been the stuff of nightmares. At one point we had just 13 fit players and had to fill the bench with youth teamers.

Thankfully we have paid the tax man (for now) and Tilly has been able to welcome back some long term injury's aswell as signing some decent players on loan. The team are finally starting to gel and although we were beaten at Mk last weekend we are starting to create chances again , which unfortunately have been missed. We were deperately unlucky against Nowrich midweek. We were a goal up with just ten minutes to go and conceded twice with the second in the 94th minute.

The general feeling amongst fans is that we will stay up but we need to win home games starting with tonight against your boys. I dont much about charlton but i did watch your game against Orient and you were quite poor that night.

I am hoping that you will again be poor tonight and i for one cannot wait to give the that odious ginger fool the abuse tonight that he deserves. He is in for a hell of a lot of stick and hopefully he will be true to form and get wound up and sent off. Im sure him and our Mccormack will not be shirking any challenges.

I am really up for this game and hopefully the game will be nearly sold out as you can appreciate our support has dropped dramatically but with the return of Bailey and friday night football plus a healthy charlton support should see a good gate at the hall. Safe journey and all the best for the rest of the seaon after tonight.

Shrimperama

Comments

• Cheers, can you just tell us why the hatred of Bailey for wanting to move on?

He is too good for us, so (with no dis-respect) he is far too good for you.
  • edited February 2010
    why do southend fans hate bailey so much , no disrespect but he joined us to further his career(lol) and we were in a higher division so surely can't begrudge him trying to improve himself??

edit.. WSS younger and quicker off the mark , great minds and all that!
  • Because he had a year left on his contract and just said im moving and i will not play if you dont let me go. And in the very next game just walked round the pitch and got subbed.

Picture this newcastle come in for him for way under your estimation. You think he is worth 2million they offer you 800k and he just plain refuses to play for your club unless they sell, thus holding your club for ransom. The bloke is a prick albiet a very good player, but there was no way you should have got him for 400k
  • Welcome Shrimerama, all articulate away fans are welcomed on here.

My Southend mate tells me that there has been a big pick up in performances in those last two games, so it will be the interesting to see what impact it will have if things don't work out tonight. They way things are with both our teams, i think scoring first will be crucial. I think i'm right in thinking the bulk of your run in is against sides in the bottom half so i'm confident you will stay up.

As for Bailey, can't really understand why so much abuse to be honest. Seems a bit similar to when Parker left us to be honest. He wanted to better himself and earn more money, we thought the timing was wrong and should have showed a bit more loyalty. It hurts more because its your best player.

Think there will be a cracking atmosphere tonight, i've had my fry up and i'm already looking forward to my first pint which will be happening in 1 hour and 13 minutes !
  • Was he ok when he came to you from Barnet though? It was fine then right?
  • Thought we paid £750k? I believe Barnet have similar attitude to Southend towards Bailey.
  • edited February 2010
    No because we did things in the correct way. Bailey was idolised by our fans and was our player of the year. Barnet practiaclly bit our hand off for 200k odd that we paid for him. They wanted the cash and we wanted to but him. We didnt want to sell at all. There is a difference.

Barnard said he wanted to move but still admitted that as long as he was a southend player he would give his all and did. So did peter clarke who refused to sign a new contract at the club and pre-signed with Huddersfield , but still gave everything even though he knew he was leaving. Its called respect.

Bailey just threw his toys out of the pram and refused to play and then had the cheek to play in a game knowing full well he was just going to stroll around without making a tackle. That is not on at all. There is a massive difference and he will get so much stick tonight.
  • £750K IS WAY TOO MUCH
  • Did Barnet not give him a massive cheers in the cup?
  • You definately paid 400k with 20% sell on. I thought he was worth 800k easy
  • Sponsored links:

• Infact thinking about it eastwood was exaclty the same. Said he wanted to move and player a higher level and we respected that and took a fair fee of 1.5 million for him, but he still gave his all and scored goals.
  • [cite]Posted By: shrimperama[/cite] We were deperately unlucky against Nowrich - second in the 94th minute.

Know the feeling!
  • Bailey's too good for you
    Bailey's too good for you
    etc
  • Baileys too good for you
    Baileys too good for you
    etc
  • [cite]Posted By: shrimperama[/cite]No because we did things in the correct way. Bailey was idolised by our fans and was our player of the year. Barnet practiaclly bit our hand off for 200k odd that we paid for him. They wanted the cash and we wanted to but him. We didnt want to sell at all. There is a difference.

Barnard said he wanted to move but still admitted that as long as he was a southend player he would give his all and did. So did peter clarke who refused to sign a new contract at the club and pre-signed with Huddersfield , but still gave everything even though he knew he was leaving. Its called respect.

Bailey just threw his toys out of the pram and refused to play and then had the cheek to play in a game knowing full well he was just going to stroll around without making a tackle. That is not on at all. There is a massive difference and he will get so much stick tonight.

I think he loves it people from Essex seem to be very easy to wind up it would be nice to see him do an "adebayor" stoke the fire a litlle, when he scores the winner against you tonight. Are all of your fans not West ham fans anyway must make you feel a bit shit i would hate that my friend.
  • We not cockeys were southenders. Bit like how it must make you feel to be way way way behind arsenal west ham chelsea spurs qpr and even your old mates palace.
  • [cite]Posted By: shrimperama[/cite]and even your old mates palace.

you were talking sense up to that point!
  • Started off quite well but now you are just asking for a Bailey goal tonight!
  • edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]As for Bailey, can't really understand why so much abuse to be honest. Seems a bit similar to when Parker left us to be honest. He wanted to better himself and earn more money, we thought the timing was wrong and should have showed a bit more loyalty. It hurts more because its your best player.
    Except Parker bogged off halfway through the season, having only signed a five year contract in the summer, and went to a team we were competing against for a Champions League place at the time. If Bailey only had a year left on his contract, they'd have had to sell him January anyway in order to get a fee for him, because he could have just let his contract run down and gone for a free in the summer, along with a nice juicy signing on fee. Similarly alleged petty behaviour, but rather different levels of harm caused.
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't Southend bite our hands off for the money we paid?
  • Errm nope. We didnt want to sell and offered a new contract.
  • ironic the title, comes in peace then starts shooting his mouth off in various threads haha you gotta laugh :o)
  • He's been alright if you ask me
  • Mr Shwimp, Why do you play on a Friday?
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Mr Shwimp, Why do you play on a Friday?

I think he said on one of the posts earlier... something to do with all of them being West Ham fans
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]ironic the title, comes in peace then starts shooting his mouth off in various threads haha you gotta laugh :o)
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]He's been alright if you ask me

LOL Johnny i agree we had that with the Norwich wanker on here earlier however althouogh this Southend fan has been saying some silly things hes no were near as bad as the Norwich idiot who came on here earlier last year.
  • Bailey could have walked away from us at the end of the season (nobody after last season would have begrudged him a move either) but he didn't, just rolled up his sleeves and continues to do his bit for us. If we don't go up I wouldn't hold it against him if he decides to go to a club in the Championship. He may have had issues at previous clubs but at Charlton he has been great, definately among our best players post Premier League.
  • I will be annoyed at Bailey if he leaves for a lower Championship club eg: Scunny or Donny but no one at The Valley could be grudge Bailey if he goes to a team just relegated from the Prem or a top half Champ team.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]ironic the title, comes in peace then starts shooting his mouth off in various threads haha you gotta laugh :o)
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]He's been alright if you ask me

LOL Johnny i agree we had that with the Norwich wanker on here earlier however althouogh this Southend fan has been saying some silly things hes no were near as bad as the Norwich idiot who came on here earlier last year.

Yeah i know mate, just getting the spoon out you know ;o)