Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets - ***Deadline Extended Until Tuesday 6th April***

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
There has been a lot of publicity saying the prices will go up if we get promoted so renew before 31 March to hold the current price BUT if, as is looking increasingly probable, we don't go up what will they do with the prices then? I've not seen that scenario discussed anywhere.

If we don't go up I can see people not renewing and a price increase will make that worse. I'd have thought they would need to hold prices or even reduce them if we don't go up to maintain a healthy number of season ticket holders.

Or am I talking out of my nether regions?

Comments

• Options
    I can't imagine having to pay extra to watch Championship football, surely the club should be encouraging people to watch, why raise prices? Bloody stupid idea.

As for another season in league one? If we don't go up this season we'll be here for a while I reckon. I reckon the club should charge £50 for the North Upper just to keep me coming.
  • Options
    Something needs to be done about the away end. Whether its 320 or 3200 they will always be loud.
    They can't hear us in the North Stand and it's a fortress for the away teams lately!
    It does bug me! May as well give them a boozer to drink in before the game....
  • Options
    Len, if we don't go up I'd expect the prices to increase, but only marginally (£10-20) so that those who did pay up early are seen to benefit slightly.
  • Options
    The Fans' Forum plans to get an answer to this question (and others) at the next meeting with the Club on Tuesday (2 March).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]The Fans' Forum plans to get an answer to this question (and others) at the next meeting with the Club on Tuesday (2 March).

Perhaps they could offer the option of Valley Gold membership for a year or a refund of the differential to early renewers should season ticket prices subsequently reduce through failure to gain promotion.

That way there is still an incentive to renew before 31 March whatever happens.

Just a suggestion and I reckon that as the money would already be deemed "spent" a lot of people would take the Valley Gold option.
  • Options
    Your seat is protected until 31 March only?
  • Options
    It's a nice idea, Len, but Valley Gold is worth £120 per year. I can't see the Club offering that much of an incentive.

We'll ask the questions and see what options are being considered.
  • Options
    Just seen on Sky that Norwich have sold 18500 season tickets for next season already. I don't know what their prices are, but that is quality support.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I thought that after 31st march all seats were roughly going up by £30. Cant remember where I saw that though

edit..............make sure you check the dates before posting doh

edit edit..........i was right the first time, if you are to check the dates make sure you read it correctly and not think that you are in 2011. doh doh. bed time i think
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Just seen on Sky that Norwich have sold 18500 season tickets for next season already. I don't know what their prices are, but that is quality support.
    That is fantastic, if we were in there position and playing as they are I would've thought we would be at around 12,000 on the current deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They took payment for my 10/11 season ticket about 2 weeks ago
    off my credit card, I swear they didn't take payment this early in previous years or am I making it up?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Just seen on Sky that Norwich have sold 18500 season tickets for next season already. I don't know what their prices are, but that is quality support.

I thought they had a free/half-price ticket for next season if they win promotion. Don't take my word for it, but that's what I thought. Still very impressive
  • Options
    Well I've just taken the plunge once more!

The lady I spoke to seemed to think sales were going quite well.

Perhaps the Good Airman will tell us more next week after the closing date.
  • Options
    Probably missed it, but, as I can't find my ST renewel form, what is the cut off date for renewing your own seat for next year ?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    You don't get out of it that easily...think it is next Wednesday.
  • Options
    Normally you get til the end of May.......
    Had the same seat since the Upper Covered End was built !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Probably missed it, but, as I can't find my ST renewel form, what is the cut off date for renewing your own seat for next year ?
    Thanks.

I kept hiding mine, the wife kept finding it and sticking it on the calender as a reminder. I've done it now.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Probably missed it, but, as I can't find my ST renewel form, what is the cut off date for renewing your own seat for next year ?
    Thanks.

P if you know your CON numbers you can do it over the phone with a debit or credit card which is what I did.

March 31 is the deadline.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]The Fans' Forum plans to get an answer to this question (and others) at the next meeting with the Club on Tuesday (2 March).

So, what happened then? Or is it a secret? (or is it on another thread and I've just missed it?)
  • Options
    You can't renew online without knowing your own so-called password (eh?), and your son's so-called password (again with the eh?). Didn't even know we had passwords; can't put just the seat number and CON number in to renew.

So, Steve Waggott is earning way over £200k a year and isn't making it easy for us long-suffering season-ticket holders to even renew without jumping through ridiculous hoops. Steve Waggott apparently works a 90-hour week. What does that mean? He types two words per minute to write his programme notes?

Hiya Steve, getting enough rest, or are you diverted with thoughts about house extensions?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Admit it Seth, you LOVE Steve Waggott really, don't you?
  • Options
    Last time we snogged he could taste my breakfast cornflakes ;P
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]You can't renew online without knowing your own so-called password (eh?), and your son's so-called password (again with the eh?). Didn't even know we had passwords; can't put just the seat number and CON number in to renew.

So, Steve Waggott is earning way over £200k a year and isn't making it easy for us long-suffering season-ticket holders to even renew without jumping through ridiculous hoops. Steve Waggott apparently works a 90-hour week. What does that mean? He types two words per minute to write his programme notes?

Hiya Steve, getting enough rest, or are you diverted with thoughts about house extensions?
    First time you log in there you don't put a password in. After that you should be able to get your password emailed to you. I got it working by doing that, though I was only doing it to see if I could log in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]You can't renew online without knowing your own so-called password (eh?), and your son's so-called password (again with the eh?). Didn't even know we had passwords; can't put just the seat number and CON number in to renew.

First time you log in there you don't put a password in. After that you should be able to get your password emailed to you. I got it working by doing that, though I was only doing it to see if I could log in.

Yeah, but they have my email but not a separate one for my son because I usually do both season tickets together.
  • Options
    Just renewed....
    Sales "going very well" and about a dozen people down there......
  • Options
    Renewed my 2 over the phone.

Personally think the club are taking the mick by using this date as the deadline for renewing your existing seat, I dont budget on laying out the best part of a monkey for this in March and would have still renewed at the higher price in June but this way it sits gathering interest on my credit card.
  • Options
    Renewed weeks ago

First payment due out any time now.
    Airman

How many people renewed?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

So, what happened then? Or is it a secret? (or is it on another thread and I've just missed it?)

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=32761&page=3
  • Options
    Renewed my 2 over the phone - very simple and no extra charge for CC.
  • Options
    Am i right in thinking then if you do not renew by Wednesday you loss your seat?