Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Confused about this Stokes situation...

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
He was quoted saying:

"It was a very, very tough call, but the prospect of playing in the Premiership was what drew me to Charlton," Stokes was quoted in the Sunday Mirror.

"I spoke to Roy Keane and Gordon Strachan and it was a privilege to have those two people interested.

"It's the hardest decision I have ever made."

So how comes people are saying hes off to Sunderland?!?!

Comments

• Options
    So how comes people are saying hes off to Sunderland?!?!

Because his agent just got a better offer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    Because his agent just got a better offer.

exactly......
  • Options
    or because we decided to hang on to Benty and unless Benty goes we can't afford Stokes. Personally I feel the only way we will stay up is by selling Benty and investing in three or four players to improve the team all round. If we now have no money to spend then we are fooked for sure.
  • Options
    Horses head at the end of his bed perhaps?
  • Options
    Roy Keane threatened to have him knee capped by the IRA's finest.

At the end of the day WHO CARES this kid was never going to be our saviour - he might be a "prospect" but that's it.

Too many people on here have been quick to say youngsters are not ready need to go out on loan etc etc yet pin all there hopes on an 18 yr old who scored a few goals in a pub league.

Get over it
  • Options
    Not saying he'd be our saviour but 16 goals in 18 games for a mid-table side is pretty good going for an 18 year old. Falkirk aren't exactly Celtic or Rangers are they so he's obviously got something about him. That said the premier league would be a massive step up for him.
  • Options
    the guy has score a lot of goals and i'm not saying he isnt any good but he has scored a couple of hatricks against the dross of the SPL at the bottom and hasnt scored against either of the Big 2, Hearts or Celtic.

Oracle...;-)
  • Options
    He did score against Celtic in a cup game
  • Options
    Who cares about the cups Chris...:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stokes having a medical at Sunderland, looks like the Irish connection has won the deal
  • Options
    we've got Kinsella...