Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gills

edited February 2010 in Other Football and Sports
Living in Kent i know a few Gills fans and had a very good time when we went away there earlier in the season. Since then they have slumped and are looking likely to get relegated. I have to say i hope they dont go down, other than when we play them i want them to do as well as possible. Their chairman is clearly the sort of idiot who buys and English football club just as a comodity (when out on his yacht with all the other millionsaires in Dubai he can flash about saying he owns an English football club and the others dont). Scally slagged us off prior to the game but was not prepared to come Gillingham for the game why who knows.

Recently he wrote a piece in a programme prior to a league match (after they were knocked out of the FA cup by Accrington Stanley) damming the players and manager and how he was so dissapointed in the result and i think he even had a go at the fans too. Great for morale seeing as once again he couldnt be bothered to turn up to that game why i can only think its because he doesnt care for the club and is just a money driven t**t. Really anooys me this as when i went there there are a good lil crowd of Hardcore Gills fans who live in the area and clearly love thir club and he couldn't give a hoot. I know they are not the only club with an owner like this but i do feel for them big time.

Comments

• i really couldnt care less if they went down or stayed up, they are nothing to me and their chairman is a bellend!
  • Is this a Kent love in moment......?
  • Hope they go down like a tart.

Scummy club.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]i really couldnt care less if they went down or stayed up, they are nothing to me and their chairman is a bellend!

While i agree they are nothing to us and the fact they call us a derby is just laughable. However i have nothing against them its their chairman who is the looser here not their fans.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]i really couldnt care less if they went down or stayed up, they are nothing to me and their chairman is a bellend!

While i agree they are nothing to us and the fact they call us a derby is just laughable. However i have nothing against them its their chairman who is the looser here not their fans.

same as know a couple of supporters also, but im not hoping they stay up. all irrelevant to me mate, as long as charlton get promoted thats all that matters at the mo
  • Yea you are right Johnny (funny i tend to agree with most of the things you say) i just feel sorry for clubs in situations like that as there is no support from the FA or anything. Also after last season i feel for clubs in their situation as we all know how it feels dont we.
  • I forgot they existed for a while - sort of sums it up for me.
  • They should get a bit of good publicity when "The Shouting men" comes out.
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]They should get a bit of good publicity when "The Shouting men" comes out.

???
  • Live in Kent, Gillingham fans are pikeys - end of.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2010
    The Jills ? I only see that odious little Spanner bell end as soon as they are mentioned. Shame as I can smell their ground from my house as well, would of been handy to watch the odd game, take my young family relatives down there too, if nothing more than to wean them off a life of sit on yer arse sky football and supporting Manure/Chelski/Arseoles etc. Scally puts me off, end of !
  • I was born and brought up in Northfleet so the choice was always going to be between Charlton and Gillingham. Fortunately i chose Charlton.
    However, i always keep a lookout for the Gills results (and indeed Ebbsfleet [Gravesend and Northfleet]) in general i wish them well.
    Obviously when we play them i want only a Charlton victory.
    Don't care for Scally one iota though........
  • I don't Live in Kent, Gillingham fans are pikeys - end of.
  • Couldn't give a monkies what happens to them although the chairman is a mug and the away end is a joke
  • I don't much give a toss about them...if they go out of business it's potentialy more fans for us in the future.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]I don't much give a toss about them...if they go out of business it's potentialy more fans for us in the future.
    We could run cheap coaches up from their ground?
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Recently he wrote a piece in a programme prior to a league match (after they were knocked out of the FA cup by Accrington Stanley) damming the players and manager and how he was so dissapointed in the result and i think he even had a go at the fans too.

He may have just been having a bad day, maybe he'll write a piece congratulating them all when they next lose to Millwall :o)
  • Can't stand Gillingham, the place, the club, the fans and their chairman. Could not care less whether they stay up or go down. Scally's comments about us over the years have been harsh and ridiculous.
  • I went to the Tranmere game with a mate of mine and his brother and aside from being the coldest I can remember being at football for a very long time, it was an appalling game of football from two sides lacking in ability and application, and if people think our home support can be poisonous then you should head to Priestfields. They didn't make a sound until Tranmere scored then it was a free for all digging the manager out.

Fuller is loved there and he is one of the most positionally inept full backs I have seen. Only Jackson (who is overrated) looked like he had anything about him at all, the fans who did try and gee the team up were laughed at and abused (by a couple of blokes I know are Manyoo fans) a errr 'special' looking fan down the front was offered out by some carrot who succeeding in ensuring he is laughed at for the rest of his life and remembered as the bloke in a suit who started on a mong. Div. If we don't put a few past them at our place I will be quite surprised. They were shockingly bad.

We truly were having an off day down there.
  • Only thing I don't mind about Gills is that Royce is there but can't seem to get in the side since an injury, no idea why as from what I have read he is a favourite down there.
  • Sponsored links:

• They can go under for all I care. Maidstone would be a far better choice for Kent's number 1 league club...
  • Shit fans, shit pubs, shit team, shit away end, shit hole
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: choice TV[/cite]Shit fans, shit pubs, shit team, shit away end, shit hole[/quote]

spot on
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I went to the Tranmere game with a mate of mine and his brother and aside from being the coldest I can remember being at football for a very long time, it was an appalling game of football from two sides lacking in ability and application, and if people think our home support can be poisonous then you should head to Priestfields. They didn't make a sound until Tranmere scored then it was a free for all digging the manager out.

Fuller is loved there and he is one of the most positionally inept full backs I have seen. Only Jackson (who is overrated) looked like he had anything about him at all, the fans who did try and gee the team up were laughed at and abused (by a couple of blokes I know are Manyoo fans) a errr 'special' looking fan down the front was offered out by some carrot who succeeding in ensuring he is laughed at for the rest of his life and remembered as the bloke in a suit who started on a mong. Div. If we don't put a few past them at our place I will be quite surprised. They were shockingly bad.

We truly were having an off day down there.

Jesus i thought being in the away end was bad enough. What a horrible day out that sounds like.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite] If we don't put a few past them at our place I will be quite surprised. They were shockingly bad.

No wins and just 4 points from 16 away games this season certainly backs this up!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]If we don't put a few past them at our place I will be quite surprised. They were shockingly bad.

No wins and just 4 points from 16 away games this season certainly backs this up!

sounds like charlton are prime for a home defeat then if they still havnt won away by then :-(
  • Couldn't give a toss either way. The epitome of the no-mark football club
  • Yea guarenteed they get their first away win of the season at the Valley. Its only them and Peterborough who won away from home in the football league. Not including the prem teams of course.
  • Gobby muggy fans a Chairman who digs us out continually, relegation is too good for them in my view.