Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Briatore steps down as QPR Chairman

Flavio Briatore has decided to step down as chairman of Queens Park Rangers and leaves the role with immediate effect.

The Loftus Road board has moved quickly to appoint Ishan Saksena as the Italian's successor.

Briatore joined the Rangers board in November 2007, having completed a takeover of the Championship club along with Formula One mogul Bernie Ecclestone.

He continues to be a shareholder, alongside Ecclestone, but feels he is unable to give the club the dedication they deserve.

"My three years as chairman of QPR have been an exciting and incredible experience," he told the club's official website.

Comments

• shhhhhhh Eastenders is on ;-)
  • "My three years as chairman of QPR have been an exciting and incredible experience," he told the club's official website......
    Besides which i will probably loose my appeal at the FIA/FOCCA which means that I would have to resign anyway.........
  • Wonder if that opens the door to Curbs
  • Probably a good thing for QPR really hes brought managers in and out soooooooo much in the last few years.