Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help with Laptop advice

got home last night to find some ***t had got into our house and lifted one of our laptops guess he was disturbed before doing too many rooms......you dont realise how much is one one of them till they go........lucky about half pictures backed up on various memory sticks.......so looking for new one always had Acers or Emachines anyone know any good makes and prices or shops to go to..............cheers

Comments

• Options
    Bought a Compaq CQ60 in April for about £380 from John Lewis. Have seen mixed reviews of them, but I love it. Two year guarantee from JL too, which is worth £100 anywhere else.
    250GB storage and 3GB RAM - but the updated versions are even better, I think, and the price not much more. Decent screen size (15.6"), and a number pad. If you carry it about a lot though, you might prefer something smaller.
  • Options
    www.hotukdeals.co.uk
  • Options
    Agree with Hans - John Lewis 2 yr warranty makes sense and you can have a good meddle with the display models once you've got a shortlist. Recently bought Acer 4810T there; good balance of power, speed, and portability. Not an expert but HP have a"Butterfly" tablet coming out soon which looks promising if you value the versatility. Good luck - losing treasured pictures is so painful. Just might be worth checking the cards you originally took the pictures on - if they haven't been regularly formatted (ie, just had the pix deleted) some cards retain the data which can be recovered.
  • Options
    cheers chaps yes with keep copies of all in future
  • Options
    do yourself a favour and get a macbook , more money but once you've got used to it you'll realise how much better it is.

the missus Dad gave us his a few years ago and I hated it at first so when we got burgled I got a dell laptop but after a couple of months of using it I realised just how much better mac is and sold it and bought a new macbook. I'd never get another pc or windows laptop , I have windows 7 on my mac and very rarely use it